Allow me to introduce myself!

TexAtheist
TexAtheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Allow me to introduce myself!

Hello everyone!  I've heard about the Rational Response Squad and thought I would join up!  As you can see from my name, I live in Texas, specifically Ft. Worth.  I was a member of WWGHA forum (Why Won't God Heal Amputees) and am currently a member of the Atheist Think Tank (new forum). I was born and raised Catholic, but have been atheist for the last 4 years and prior to that, I was agnostic (or rather indifferent to religion) for many years.

I'm really disgusted with the direction the U.S. is going.  It seems that rather than making progress, religion - Christianity specifically- is taking this country back to the dark ages.  It seems funny to me that as an atheist, I'm looked at like I'm crazy for not believing in god, but it's okay that religious folks can worship and talk to some sky daddy and that's perfectly fine.  I just don't get it!

I guess that's about it for now.  Have a wonderful evening!

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so." - Bertrand Russell

Bulldog
Superfan
Bulldog's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums,

Welcome to the forums, TexAtheist.  You'll find a lot to interest you here, some good debates, good  people and tons of information on damn near anything.  If something hasn't been written, then there's someone who's fluent on the subject.

"Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society." Thomas Jefferson
www.myspace.com/kenhill5150

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!  I'm in Texas too.

Welcome!  I'm in Texas too.

HC Grindon
High Level DonorModerator
User is offlineOffline
Not only am I also from TX,

Not only am I also from TX, I'm also from Foat Wuth.

Welcome aboard fellow Panther City godless heathen Smiling 

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle!

Welcome to the hizzle!