"Sir, did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"

Little Roller U...
Superfan
Little Roller Up First's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Sir, did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IP-f7XbCtRY

It's a short video (48 sec) but considering what happened on Sunday night, I'd say it's worth a watch.

{edit - moved from RRS Radio to General}

Good night, funny man, and thanks for the laughter.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Proving once again that if

Proving once again that if you predict something reasonable, eventually it will happen.

Odd that nobody believes Eddie was prophetic, even though he mentioned both teams and the exact circumstances of the win, yet many believe:

5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
       I will bring your children from the east
       and gather you from the west.

6 I will say to the north, 'Give them up!'
       and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.'
       Bring my sons from afar
       and my daughters from the ends of the earth.

Seriously.  This is believed to be a prophecy that Israel, after centuries of disenfranchisement, would reform.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Proving

Hambydammit wrote:

Proving once again that if you predict something reasonable, eventually it will happen.

Odd that nobody believes Eddie was prophetic, even though he mentioned both teams and the exact circumstances of the win, yet many believe:

5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east
and gather you from the west.

6 I will say to the north, 'Give them up!'
and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.'
Bring my sons from afar
and my daughters from the ends of the earth.

Seriously. This is believed to be a prophecy that Israel, after centuries of disenfranchisement, would reform.

Yep, making a vacious ambigious quote sets you up to retrofit any event into it after the fact.

Bible/Koran.....ect...ect, holy book prophacies are nothing but vacious crap people look at after the fact and go "see, this fits" because they want it to fit and how convienant it is when the specifics are severly lacking.

If the bible said, "Brian37 who will reside at this adress, and will own a cat named Shara, and will own an HP Deskjet 3940 printer, and will support stem cell research, who works at this location(incert here) will make a post at this time(incert time here, down to the 10th of a second)

If one looks at the words Hambi quoted, nothing mentions modern society and modern science and absolutly NO specifics. Just ambigious words that people incert meaning after the fact. No ancient book of myth uses modern language. That is because the books were written based on the culture of that time because the people who wrote them wanted their fictional super hero to come back in their time.

The sad part of it is that this BS meme gets passed down generation after generation even after tons of lapses of deadlines of supposed prophacies fail to materialize.

This is the insidious nature of twisted apologetics. The infintile appeal of a magical dad is so appealing to some that they will mentally do anything to justify it, including falsely atributing modern events to an ancient book.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
Had Eddie mentioned anything

Had Eddie mentioned anything about the circumstances (NFC championship) or the score, then it would have been interesting.  The chances of two particular NFC teams playing each other down to a last-second field goal in a 20 year span of time is probably not as slim as it seems. 

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Had Eddie mentioned

Quote:
Had Eddie mentioned anything about the circumstances (NFC championship) or the score, then it would have been interesting.  The chances of two particular NFC teams playing each other down to a last-second field goal in a 20 year span of time is probably not as slim as it seems.

You know I love you, man.  With that in mind:

THE WINNER of today's "No, Shit, Sherlock!" trophy is JMM, for his decisively mundane and ordinary ability to decipher the meaning of a sentence.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism