Oh boy that was funny

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh boy that was funny

Ok so I click on forums on this website, get taken to it.......and what's the google ad at the top........MEET CHRISTIAN SINGLES!!!! HAHAHAHAHA oh that was funny Meet Christian Single ads on the RRS website....you guys selling out lol oh it was priceless.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I noticed that too. Did you

I noticed that too.

Did you see the part that said christians get to sign up free?

Us atheists have to pay to meet christian singles apparently.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

dead_again
Special AgentWebsite Admin
dead_again's picture
User is offlineOffline
If it weren't for Sapient

If it weren't for Sapient and Kelly blocking 200 different xtian sites you would be seeing a lot more of those type ads. Google ads limit you to 200 site blocks and they have used all 200 of these to block useless ads like these. Google ads basically pay for the promotion of the site, so those who don't know about us can find us more easily.

As for being sellouts, This site would not be where it is today if Brian, Kelly, Gizmo, and everyone else who has spent a tremendous amount of money to keep the sites up and pay bills, didn't spend that money. Running 9 websites (soon to be more) isn't cheap, and subscriptions and donations, as helpful as they are, sometimes aren't enough to cover all the expenses.

Your god's silence speaks loud and clear

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dood take it EASY MAN, i was

Dood take it EASY MAN, i was just laughing at it, making fun of being sell out sheesh you can't take a joke, LAUGH at yourself sometimes, or get a sense of humor. I know it was GOOGLE Ads and that they don't have that much control over what google decides to put on it.

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
Aren't payments on google

Aren't payments on google ads for click through? Clicking on an ad would cost 'em money, right? A little bit of irony for atheists to drain a little money off those site, no?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
wavefreak wrote: Aren't

wavefreak wrote:
Aren't payments on google ads for click through? Clicking on an ad would cost 'em money, right? A little bit of irony for atheists to drain a little money off those site, no?

I had always gotten off on the fact that we were monetarily supported by Christians in this manner.  It was at one point when I saw that dishonest dickface Ben Stein "Expelled" all over my site that I started to take the time to rremove Christian ads.  Instantly ad revenue went as the majority of our traffic is atheistic and they aren't likely to view go through those ads.  So we started removing as many Christian ads as we could, and finally reached a break point at 200 in which google informed us that we reached a limit.  They do so because they think they'll make more money if you make more ads accesible, the highest bidders are most likely to show up.  I wrote to them and asked them to increase the amount of sites we can block amd they never responded.  They of course can see that as soon as we blocked those ads our revenue increased 5 fold, and should allow us to block more.  Hopefully at some point they will allow us to block more. 

Just recently I blocked that annoying "religion test," originally I left it as it looked as if it was an attractive ad, likely to be examined by our readers, however I felt bad knowing that people would have to spend 20 minutes disaproving a bunch of spam bullshit in order to get the results of a bullshit test.  (this block of course came because I am not a sell-out) Sticking out tongue

What do you folks think of the new campaign from www.evolvefish.com with Kelly in the ads?  They're currently desiging a line of clothing based on her preferences.  Once the line is available she will model the shirts for the ads and they will become available at evolvefish who says that Kelly's desires are a good gauge of what young women would like to see on evolvefish, a line of products that were missing from their lineup.  Girly tank tops, spagghetti strap shirts, baby doll tees, and low v-neck shirts are on the docket to be produced, we'll see what comes through soon.

Did I mention you should support evolvefish?  

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: What do you

Sapient wrote:

What do you folks think of the new campaign from www.evolvefish.com with Kelly in the ads? They're currently desiging a line of clothing based on her preferences. Once the line is available she will model the shirts for the ads and they will become available at evolvefish who says that Kelly's desires are a good gauge of what young women would like to see on evolvefish, a line of products that were missing from their lineup. Girly tank tops, spagghetti strap shirts, baby doll tees, and low v-neck shirts are on the docket to be produced, we'll see what comes through soon.

That's awesome.  I'm a fan of the v-neck, personally.  While I'm sure Kelly would make a burlap bag look great, I've always hated the idea of spending money on a themed shirt just to cover the little figure I do have under a box cut.

I also like the "products of natural selection" tag line on the ads. 

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
     the ad "I am kind

the ad

"I'm kind Of A Big Deal"

- the girl in the t shirt

that's hot  

yeah you is .....