Is rational responders just a vehicle for a new religion style doctorine?

Old Master
Old Master's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is rational responders just a vehicle for a new religion style doctorine?

I thought I'd post this in the free thinking forum as it seemed most relevant. 

[MOVED BY MOD OUT OF FREETHINKING FORUM AS NOBODY FROM RRS CORE BELIEVES YOUR UPCOMING SENTENCE]

I am for the record an atheist myself, but also a great believer in free speech.

I'm just curios as to whether this whole movement is about educating people to the truths of theology or just an attempt to impose the minorities viewpoint on others, which to me is the greatest problem with religion. I don't have a problem with people believing in god, just like I don't have a problem with kids believing in the tooth fairy or Santa. The only thing I ever found particularly distasteful about religion is the imposing of ones ideas upon another.

Just a thought. I wonder how long this thread will take to be deleted.

[it wont be deleted unless by error or server crash]

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Old Master wrote: No

Old Master wrote:

No really. I don't beleive in any god at all.

Do I get the $100 now? lol

No. 

Quote:
Really though. Why is it so hard to beleive that I am totlay atheist?  

Ok, first of all... it's not impossible to believe you're an atheist as there are certainly a great many stupid atheists out there, you very well may be one of them.

But here ya go... I'll break it down...

1. In your first first post you used this term "truths of theology" followed by claiming that the contrary is a "minority opinion"

2. You have no fucking clue what an atheist is.

3. Upon given the definition of atheism from the most respected dictionary in the world, you called the definition "retardation"

4. You've engaged in an almost dogmatic logical fallacy in virtually every post, sometimes more than once per post.

5. You're close minded.

6. When presented with evidence to the contrary of your position, you act like a child who had his blankie taken from him.

7. I've seen hundreds of people just like you in my life that have turned out to be theists.

8. There is no good evidence so far to show you're an atheist other than your word, which so far is virtually worthless.

9. You actually are asking if we are a new religion style "doctorine" on a website that is the most well known site in the world for attacking religion.

10. You started out with "I am for the record an atheist myself." (read here

11. 15 people in our chatroom who we respect, not a single one thinks you are an atheist.

I could go on, but I have to poop. 

Old Master
Old Master's picture
User is offlineOffline
Visual_Paradox wrote: Old

Visual_Paradox wrote:
Old Master, you said, "Are you done making baseless accusations about a simple question being an implication?" I would appreciate it if you'd stop lying. My accusation wasn't baseless—your implication of plagiarism was obvious to everyone. You posed a question with two possible answers. You said, "hhmmm" with an exclamation mark, showing the sarcastic nature of your question, meaning you thought one answer was obvious. If your own actions are used to eliminate one of the answers, only the other answer could be seen as obvious from your perspective. If you thought it were obviously my own work, you wouldn't have posed the question. The act of posing the question eliminates the "it's your own work" answer as being the obvious answer from your perspective. Thus, only plagiarism remains. Was my accusation baseless? No, it was completely justified given the information available. Because it's justified and you know your own intent in posing the question, it can be deduced that you knew my accusation had a solid justification. Thus, it can be deduced that you were lying when you said my accusation was baseless. I would appreciate it if you'd stop lying.

I'm genuinly sorry if I offended you. I admit I thoughyt you grabbed that from somewhere else. I also admit I didn't read it all as it was too waffly and drawn out to carry any meaning.

Once again I apologise. It was all your own work and I am an inferior being for doubting your ability to write complete shit. 

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Old Master wrote:   Also

Old Master wrote:

Also your "free speach" forum really does need to be renamed. Let's face it, it doesen't really represent what the title implies its intention as. 

Hey, dumbfuck... we don't have a forum called "free speach" and we never did.

We have a forum for freethinkers, of which you aren't one... whether you're an atheist or not.

Old Master
Old Master's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Old Master

Sapient wrote:
Old Master wrote:

No really. I don't beleive in any god at all.

Do I get the $100 now? lol

No.

Quote:
Really though. Why is it so hard to beleive that I am totlay atheist?

Ok, first of all... it's not impossible to believe you're an atheist as there are certainly a great many stupid atheists out there, you very well may be one of them.

But here ya go... I'll break it down...

1. In your first first post you used this term "truths of theology" followed by claiming that the contrary is a "minority opinion"

2. You have no fucking clue what an atheist is.

3. Upon given the definition of atheism from the most respected dictionary in the world, you called the definition "retardation"

4. You've engaged in an almost dogmatic logical fallacy in virtually every post, sometimes more than once per post.

5. You're close minded.

6. When presented with evidence to the contrary of your position, you act like a child who had his blankie taken from him.

7. I've seen hundreds of people just like you in my life that have turned out to be theists.

8. There is no good evidence so far to show you're an atheist other than your word, which so far is virtually worthless.

9. You actually are asking if we are a new religion style "doctorine" on a website that is the most well known site in the world for attacking religion.

10. You started out with "I am for the record an atheist myself." (read here)

11. 15 people in our chatroom who we respect, not a single one thinks you are an atheist.

I could go on, but I have to poop.

15 people in your chat room are wrong. 

Old Master
Old Master's picture
User is offlineOffline

Sapient wrote:
Old Master wrote:

Also your "free speach" forum really does need to be renamed. Let's face it, it doesen't really represent what the title implies its intention as.

Hey, dumbfuck... we don't have a forum called "free speach" and we never did.

We have a forum for freethinkers, of which you aren't one... whether you're an atheist or not.

I have to dissagree. The only reasonm you call me dumbfuck so elequently is because I don't think the same as you.

Your supposed freethinkers forum is for sheep and you know it. I really thought you guys had soemthing that could help with the perpetual relegion problem through reason and disscusion. Never mind, just get back to whatever it is you do. 

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   hey Old Master, I

hey Old Master,

I AM A FUNDY  , a SUPER HARD CORE ATHEIST

thanks for reminding me !  

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Old Master wrote: The

Old Master wrote:

The only reasonm you call me dumbfuck so elequently is because I don't think the same as you.

Hey dumbfuck, didn't I just warn you about using absolute statements.  

Here's fact whether you are atheist or theist: YOU LACK THE NECCESSARY HONESTY, OPEN MIND, AND CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS TO BE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON YOUR OWN LIFE. 

Quote:
Your supposed freethinkers forum is for sheep and you know it.

You're right I know it, we should call it the sheep forum.

Quote:
I really thought you guys had soemthing that could help with the perpetual relegion problem through reason and disscusion. Never mind, just get back to whatever it is you do. 

I suggest you take your own advice, get back to your life, and leave us freethinkers (the minority) alone.  Or fes up so we can get on to attacking the god you believe in.

inspectormustard
atheist
inspectormustard's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: I adhere to the

Quote:
I adhere to the position of being a non political, non aggressive atheist. Why is that such a hard concept for you to grasp?

Because religion has infiltrated politics. Because non-violent aggression is the only known means of effecting change. We've had centuries of passive resistance, and things have started to get worse again. The Dover Trials, Faith Based Initiatives, and subversion of the mind. We've had enough, and it's time to start actively educating people.

What you're saying is the opposite of what works. 

Quote:
Is it perhaps because you couldn't cope with life outside religion so had to be part of something bigger than yourself?

Theists usually ask us that question. That's why we think you're one. 

Quote:
Just the same as you where before you stopped believing in a god?

Huh? You can't have it both ways. Maybe some people do need to fill in the gap this parasite left when they tore it out, but the point is we're better off actively disuading religious doctrine and teaching people what is wrong with this manner of thinking than simply defending ourselves from it.

Quote:
What basis did you use to determine I'm a theist and used that misinformation to move this thread?

The kinds of questions you ask are the same ones we get from theists. You passively assert that it takes faith not to believe in something, which is a theistic fallacy we commonly encounter. 

Quote:
Just because you disagree doesn't mean you can make assumptions on my stance religiously.

Disagree with what? All you've asked are the same questions that theists do. 

Quote:
Let's face it. Anyone who did believe in god wouldn't claim to be atheist unless they wanted to go to hell or whatever else happens with those guys

Perhaps not. However, there are as many interpretations of scripture as there are isotopes in the extended periodic table of isotopes. We have encountered theistic poseurs before, and that's evidence enough for them.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hell, Sapient... I read

Hell, Sapient... I read this dude's blogs on myspace.  I don't think he's a theist.  He's just an atheist who's really proud of his 9th grade attempts at philosophy, and what was that other thing supposed to be?  Prose?

I guess it would be ok, except for his age.  We can't fault a guy for not knowing that he's a pseudo-intellectual.

Remember, most Brits are default atheists.  It doesn't take much thought.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Old Master
Old Master's picture
User is offlineOffline

Sapient wrote:
Old Master wrote:

The only reasonm you call me dumbfuck so elequently is because I don't think the same as you.

Hey dumbfuck, didn't I just warn you about using absolute statements.

Here's fact whether you are atheist or theist: YOU LACK THE NECCESSARY HONESTY, OPEN MIND, AND CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS TO BE A POSITIVE IMPACT ON YOUR OWN LIFE.

Quote:
Your supposed freethinkers forum is for sheep and you know it.

You're right I know it, we should call it the sheep forum.

Quote:
I really thought you guys had soemthing that could help with the perpetual relegion problem through reason and disscusion. Never mind, just get back to whatever it is you do.

I suggest you take your own advice, get back to your life, and leave us freethinkers (the minority) alone. Or fes up so we can get on to attacking the god you believe in.

You absolute retard. I don't beleive in any god. Why is this such a distraction for you? Or is it just a diversion to avoid reasonable arguments?

Attack any god you feel like attacking mate. You alone acknolege their existance by thinking there is something to attack.

Me? Well. Someday I will die and become worm food. I am currently a bag of blood and bones and other shit. Before that I was nothing. That is my beleif and I'm sticking with it.  

You see the difference between us is you one beleived this cod shit about some supreme being. I never did. Stop judging people by your own standards.

And for the record, you are the biggest dumbfuck on this site. I have heared some really good critsisms of what I have said, none from you though. Claimimg I am a theist just isn't enough, maybe it is in your tiny mind.

Visual_Paradox
atheistRational VIP!Special Agent
Visual_Paradox's picture
User is offlineOffline
"I'm genuinly sorry if I

"I'm genuinly sorry if I offended you. I admit I thoughyt you grabbed that from somewhere else. I also admit I didn't read it all as it was too waffly and drawn out to carry any meaning. Once again I apologise. It was all your own work and I am an inferior being for doubting your ability to write complete shit."

I wasn't offended, nor am I now. I do think you're an inferior person, though not for the reason you provided. If you want to criticize someone's writing abilities, you should learn how to spell genuinely and thought, learn how to use commas, and learn what waffly means.

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes!

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
I haven't laughed this hard

I haven't laughed this hard since gravity was around. LMAO.

Except he could spell and type better.

"Stop judging people by your own standards." = priceless idiocy. Whose standards should one use?

Mom and Dad are going to be pissed that you stayed up all night talking to atheists, Old Master.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
    Personally I view

Personally I view myself as an athiest, why? Because all of the descriptions, all of the mentions of all dieties, have no evidence at all to back them up, none of them stand up to scrutiny of reason and logic, they all fail in some form or way, as such I do not believe in ANY of the gods or goddess or any deity with supernatural powers, abilities, or miracles. There is no shred of evidence for any of them, so why should I believe in them? Why should I state well I can't know for sure, yeah you can, common sense, reason and logic can show you that the improbabilty of such a being or beings far exceeds the possibity that they exist at all. As such I have no reason to believe in them at all. Even in the buddhists or zen beliefs which there are no dieties (well buddha does have demons such as Mara that tempted buddha) as their beliefs systems cannot be backed up, no evidence that their beliefs are any more real than those of christians, muslims, hindus, or any other religious beliefs.

If any such evidence can be given I would gladly take a look at it. 

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Feh.  This guy just

Feh.  This guy just doesn't know anything about what atheist activism stands for or why we're activists in the first place.  He just bought two Wii's, and he thinks about things like "Is intelligence really necessary?"

It's not that I fault a man for ignorance.  A little reading, or even just listening, with an open mind is all it takes to cure that.  If he hadn't come in here with a chip on his shoulder, he might have learned something.  Instead, he acted just like a theist -- he assumes that he's right, even though he's never even bothered to learn about what he's ranting against.

As anyone who's studied critical thinking or debate will tell you, you can't possibly argue for one side of an argument until you know at least as much about your opposition as yourself.

In a way, I pity this guy.  He doesn't even realize that his mind is closed.   This is why I stand so firmly by my belief that critical thinking skills ought to be mandatory for all grade school children.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
    Well Ham the hard

Well Ham the hard part is getting people to actually APPLY those skills of critical thinking, I know many people who during their work, they apply them, but when it comes to their personal beliefs in religion, completely throw critical thinking out.

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
For any whippersnappers

For any whippersnappers less than a year on the site, I thought I would share one of my most favorite quotes that embodies my feelings when we have such occurrences as this:

“There is nothing more infuriating than willful ignorance.” – Sapient

No words more true ever uttered.

I thought we were going to give them this. I love this idea:

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

wavefreak
Theist
wavefreak's picture
User is offlineOffline
This thread is surreal. Am I

This thread is surreal. Am I on acid?

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I see this fucktard got the