For the Mephibrolator: Compose Your Eulogy

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
For the Mephibrolator: Compose Your Eulogy

Boys and Girls, we have a disgruntled theist among us.  The Mephibrolator... Mephibomagicman... Mephiboramavich... (makin' coffee!) is upset that his thread about eulogies was lost.  He thinks that we intentionally crashed our little server so that we wouldn't have to face the fact that we're going to die and people are going to say things about us that won't include everlasting life.

In an effort to make him happy, I'd like to encourage everyone to write their own eulogy and post it here.  I know I'm making fun of him about this, but I don't want him to think we're not being serious.  Please write what you'd like others to know about you when you're gone.  If we don't put at least a few good ones up, Mephibomonster will be certain that the whole thing was an elaborate plot to avoid his clever attempt at making us feel scared of death.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
    Ok, well this is

Ok, well this is what I am expecting (since I have no intentions of writing my own) the most common statement will be the following, he was a prick, and asshole, and sometimes blunt to a fault, however he was a good friend, loyal and always willing to help out others, never asking for anything in return, just never ask him for an opinion if you didn't want an honest answer. He drank, he partied, we always had a good time, a man of contradictions, was always willing to help those in need, help out those suffering, but wouldn't hesitate to kill a man, an enforcer of the law but would break it himself.

But in the end, he was a friend, a father, a husband and damn good person. 

kellym78
atheistRational VIP!
kellym78's picture
User is offlineOffline
That bitch is dead.

That bitch is dead. Everybody have a grey goose and your mixer of choice and get the fuck over it.

Zombie
RRS local affiliate
Zombie's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Quick, take the bastards

"Quick, take the bastards wallet!"

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't think I could write

I don't think I could write my own eulogy.  The only thing I could say is whatever you can grab that was mine, you can keep.

Ha ha, I can picture two of my friends throwing down over the liquor cabinet right now.   

If god takes life he's an indian giver

magilum
User is offlineOffline
"Dark meat or white?" I

"Dark meat or white?"

I don't want a burial, with my body taking up space underground perpetually. I never understood this whole modern quasi-mummification thing. What're they gonna do, prop you up at the dinner table from time to time? I'd rather rot naturally. Maybe I'd have my body donated to help forensic research.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
  Well, this guy grew up

Well, this guy grew up in a small town, joined the military, and saw a little of the world.  He had his quirks, like collecting rocks and bones, straightjackets and knives, unusual art and carvings.

He was fascinated by science and the world; He was always willing to defend his opinions.  But on the all he made people laugh and was intensely inquisitive.

He wasn't the best husband and father, but he was a good one.  He should have not had died so young, but he lived a full enough life.  Anyway, what does it matter to him now?   He's gone forever.

Here's how we're divvying up his shit...

1.) We have a thousand pounds of rocks.  Who here has a truck?

Wait, no one leave!  We're bringing in the lion now.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
he really loved us ....he

he really loved us ....

he laughed , he cried, ....

he cussed, he preached ....

he insisted we are god ....

he was a wild Buddha ....

he was so lucky ....

he was one with god ....

he taught me alot ....

he was a dear friend ....

he said god of abe was wrong ....

he wished to be a poet, but life ran out on him ....

But he in spirt will live on, in the poetry of old and new to come ....

So lets party for that guy , as he said ....

---------------

geeezzz Hamby, I get giggling tears doing this ....

KIng Crimson has this song called " Epitath " , from the great alblum "In The Court Of The Crimson King". the whole CD is , ... well, ... poety !

The first song, the only rocker, is called "21st Century Schizoid Man" .... cool old record ....

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
Arch's Vonnegut-inspired

Arch's Vonnegut-inspired tombstone:

Some Guy.

Sometime to Sometime.

He tried.

Cernunnos
Cernunnos's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd hate my death to be a

I'd hate my death to be a grave affair; so please, pay no attention to the fumes.

To be left in peace 

Nurturing a plot for his particular chronicles

-----------------------------------

Here lies a self centered git

whose death was others prize.

Though in passing he did see fit

his other acts were unwise. 

-----------------------------------

Here is the mound of philandering Ray,

Concern'd with getting his end away,

But ultimately on his own doth lay.

------------------------------------

Found in a plot trying to abscond

------------------------------------

I often say that when you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind.

dave805
dave805's picture
User is offlineOffline
kellym78 wrote: That bitch

kellym78 wrote:
That bitch is dead. Everybody have a grey goose and your mixer of choice and get the fuck over it.

Lol..... ^^

As for mine.. I was thinking of kinda the same thing. But slightly different.

He was born.......

He lived......

He died.........

Good fucking riddance  

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
"Stick a fork in me - I'm

"Stick a fork in me - I'm done

Anyone for long pork?" 

shikko
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: In an

Hambydammit wrote:

In an effort to make him happy, I'd like to encourage everyone to write their own eulogy and post it here. I know I'm making fun of him about this, but I don't want him to think we're not being serious. Please write what you'd like others to know about you when you're gone. If we don't put at least a few good ones up, Mephibomonster will be certain that the whole thing was an elaborate plot to avoid his clever attempt at making us feel scared of death.

Well, memorial services are for the living, not the dead, so people will say whatever will make them feel better. If I did my job right while I was alive, it would be something like...

shikko's eulogist hopefully would have wrote:

Okay, everyone raise a glass!

He was a good guy, not a perfect guy. Sure, he fucked up, but he usually knew when he fucked up and took steps to correct it. He was by turns obsessed, lazy, happy, sad, angry, interested, oblivious, funny and ignorant. He loved his family and friends and still had hope for a better world, despite evidence to the contrary. He loved to laugh, and loved to see those he cared for have a good time. In short, he was just like us, but he was a way better cook.

He wouldn't want this awesome spread before us to go to waste, so drain your glasses and tuck in.

Here's to his memory. Now eat up, goddammit! The food's still hot.

If I don't do it right, it will be something like:

Quote:

Move that corpse out of the way; I think there's a spare ammo clip under it. Die, alien scum!!!

--
maybe if this sig is witty, someone will love me.