Deconversion, any luck ?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Deconversion, any luck ?

Deconversion, any luck ? ( re posting  lost imfo here )

My pen name here at RRS was/is primarily directed at the theists, and was a personal evolution of looking hard at religions. I've been saying "we and all is god" for many years. The reason is two fold. It gives the lazy coward moderates premission to laugh at bad religion, and it directly confronts the fundys. The fundys and moderates are my target.

As for fellow "saved" atheists, I hoped to add to our cause by injecting basic eastern ideas. ie Allan Watts, and even supporting rebel jesus who said his main mission was to heal the religiously oppressed and sick from the "fundys." (myth or not)

I think we would see a radical change if the public was simply aware of the atheistic ideas of our admired founding fathers, scientists, artists, writters, comics, etc. .... and the eastern ideas, like the buddha message and tao. Just the words of Thomas Jefferson have had a big impact on my friends. It gives them the balls to give the finger to the fundys.

... from sapients link, "atheist appeaser types", cool Shalini , the insolent anti appeaser,

[ appease: to bring to a state of peace or quiet : calm: to cause to subside: pacify, conciliate; especially : to buy off (an aggressor) by concessions usually at the sacrifice of principles ]

Shalini "The reason I myself am being insolent is because this is a great way to nail the extremists: face them with their own tactics and see if they like it. They don't."

[ insolent: insultingly contemptuous in speech or conduct : overbearing , exhibiting boldness or effrontery : impudent ]

.... indignant atheist Jesus, like Shalini, " I have not come to bring peace but a sword .... " etc etc. , there are lots of cleaver ways to skin a cat ....

My original reply here, the "sneaky approach", was a generalization of how I get the process going. I often play dumber and more respectful than I am, eventually and carefully using all my tools, which may take months, while remembering some people are indeed sadly crazy. That is not appeasement.

Education is about everything .... we are failing miserably ..... ethics and comparative religion (philosophy) should be taught starting grade one. The privately owned hugely influential tv also needs serious attention.

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/influential.html

"Television is so influential that when an audience sees you day-in and day-out there's a certain acceptance that sets in; you're no longer a threatening personality. They become more willing to accept whatever you present."
Doc Severinsen ( band leader, the Tonight Show, with Johnny Carson )

Use common sense and all compassion, and never be intiminated, (buddha)

"I studied the most influential scientists and inventors to learn what made them different from ordinary people and discovered that the most creative people in the world scored lower than expected in SAT and IQ tests and most only earned high school diplomas. " Philip Emeagwali

.... keep caring, turn up the love, thanks RRS, and cleaverly say no to appeasement regarding superstition, be kind, but do shout if you have to. The damn preachers do alot of shouting , so then shout back.

Shouldn't the pope and tv preachers be indicted on conspiracy charges?

This reminds of the way the dectectives sometimes interrogate , Good cop/Bad cop approach etc. Mabey we could learn something here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Good_cop/bad_cop

http://people.howstuffworks.com/police-interrogation1.htm

and a pagan Xmas song for ya all, "The Rebel Jesus", by cool Jackson Brown http://www.lyricsfreak.com/j/jackson+browne/the+rebel+jesus_20068653.html

"But they've turned the nature that I worshipped in
From a temple to a robbers den
In the words of the rebel jesus

From a heathen and a pagan
On the side of the rebel jesus."

BTW, xmas sucks , it seems to create more misery than good .... I think we should put up bill boards for the kids, "Santa Is Bullshit"

, be nice to youselves.

--------------------------------------------

Hey Lutherans, etc, here's some christian love for ya, you gotta read this people !

"Saint" Martin Luther's Advice for dealing with the Jews

http://www.awitness.org/books/luther/on_jews_and_their_lies_p2.html

..... his instructions to 'take their gold and possessions', burn down their property, remove them from the country, as well as his talk, in a later section of his eassay of 'killing the Jews' and his advice that one should 'shake the dust from our shoes, and say, " We are innocent of your blood."

.... this will freak ya ....

-----------------

and cool shelly  joy  had that book recommendation, " Influential" ?  Cheer up shelly , I read your recent sadness post, I was bummin over ya, .... 

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:
    Cheer up shelly , I read your recent sadness post, I was bummin over ya, .... 

What post are you refering to ?

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   evidently it's been

evidently it's been lost, the last 20 rrs hrs, so repost everyone ..... 

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
what was it about? do you

what was it about? do you remember any of it?

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
You have a good memory.

For those of you that missed it, consumer research indicates that comments typically represent only 5% of the actual public perception. That is, each comment generally represents the feelings of 20 people. This is because the likelihood of a consumer statement is small due to personality, sex, rural vs. urban living, and having small children. For clarification, these findings only apply when an activist group is not involved. (For example a church passing out 'form' letters to sign your name to and mail in would not follow the 1:20 rule.) I posted some links but it's late so I'm not going to look them up right now. Perhaps tomorrow.

Sapient mentioned that while quite a few people have acknowledged being 'deconverted' as well as significantly effected by their work, for these reasons as many more personal ones, the number is likely much, much higher.

shelley
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
I know what he's talking

I know what he's talking about - I'm sending you a PM.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Wait a minute, what is the

Wait a minute, what is the OP saying?

shelley
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote: Wait

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Wait a minute, what is the OP saying?

He's reposting a lost thread.  The general OP of this OP was basically asking if anyone had ever deconverted anyone.  I believe it was in the FA forum. 

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   ? start here,

?  this should explain , was re posting a reply of mine to a lost OP ....  

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/rational_response_squad_alerts/rational_response_squad_alerts/11571