Kathy Griffin Talks about "Suck it Jesus"

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kathy Griffin Talks about "Suck it Jesus"

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   she would make a

she would make a nice president .... hillary needs some of that, .... I want the girls to win .... I like em  

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hillary is the lesser of

Hillary is the lesser of two evils to me. I dont think anyone should simply get ellected because of their race or sex. The novelty might prove that it is ok to vote for whomever you want, but that doesnt mean automatically they will do a good job in office. Would you still feel the same if Laura Bush ran, would you vote for her simply because she is a woman?

Hillary frightens me because she is trying to prove herself by taking pages out of the republican playbook by talking tough about Iran and has suddenly mentioned Jesus more and more in the debates. Also, kissing up to Jesus got Bush ellected so all the canidates are falling all over each other trying to say, "Jesus loves me best".

I dont give a rats ass  if Hitchens got ellected president, I dont want anyone getting us into any more wars untill we fix the crap we are in now. A

But on topic Kathy is absoutly right about what she did and owes no one any apologies. What kind of f-d up priorities does your deity have when it cares more about a stupid award a millionair wins verses the bloodshed in the middle east and the genocide in Darfur?

I get same lip twitch when I see an NFL player thank Jesus after winning the Super Bowl.

Good for her, at least if you are going to believe in something like that, dont have a self centered view that your privalige is the most important thing to any deity. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

rab
rab's picture
User is offlineOffline
And all this time I

Laughing And all this time I thought Bill Donahue was the spokesman for a huge organization. Instead he's just "one guy with a computer."

Suck it Donahue! 

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's good to see Bravo

It's good to see Bravo broadcasted this - as their initial reaction was to go on with the show as if the 'suck it' event never hapened.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I never found Kathy Griffin

I never found Kathy Griffin funny.

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote: I

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
I never found Kathy Griffin funny.

I figured I should respond since this will probably be my once in a lifetime chance to agree with Pineapple.  Part of the reason I don't find Griffin to be an excellent comic is because she tries too hard to be funny - which she basically illustrates in this video.  IMO - I enjoyed the 'Suck it, Jesus' comment and it actually made me consider listening to her more recent stuff but I was disappointed to discover someone else wrote the line.  However, I still think Bravo made the right decision by broadcasting this - she deserved the oppertunity to respond and as she stated: you can't buy this kind of publicity.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
   the system needs

the system needs breaking, the presidency is hollywood .... crush it, anarchy now ! .... NO FEAR

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
I bet the Christians who

I bet the Christians who watched this wish that they could still get away with burning witches and blasphemers.

I like some of Griffins older stuff but I too find her stage presence a little irritataing. 

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Millions of people love her

Millions of people love her for her 'suck it jesus' rant. In this video she is performing to a sold-out house and it is being broadcast on Bravo. Who is her audience? Atheists? I'd venture a guess that the majority were and are atheists and many free speech advocates.

The house roared with laughter at her jokes on religion. Thank you Emmy Awards (which is run by the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. They buckled to the complaints of the Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, which condemned Griffin's remarks as "obscene and blasphemous." ) for your stupidity.

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.