My Religeous experience..

Jonny51982
User is offlineOffline
My Religeous experience..

I'd like to say. I have a massive belief inside me that religeon is rubbish, I also believe that the holy spirit as contextualised in the bible is rubbish as in any other holy book known to man.

I find the concept of religeon a joke. Religeon in its purest form is like saying. I am happy to believe in a system which will allow me to goto heaven but for my nearest and dearest to burn in hell. Therefore it is  hypocritical in itself and as far as religeon goes it is itself the temptation of life. Hidden among the meaning of religeous context is simply put like saying. This book here is your signature to burn in hell cause I want heaven even if others cant have it (greed).

I want to say that the holy spirit is a load of nonsense and I dont believe in it as contextualised in any book known to man. I do however have my own beliefs in what we refer to as 'the holy spirit'. My belief in what I call 'the holy spirit' and which is a different holy spirit is that of love. If you've ever been in love. Then you know what I am talking about. 

I dont have a camera on my pc so can not make a post on youtube. 

Life is a state of mind, Love it and it will love you back.

Peace out.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
What you call "holy spirit"

What you call "holy spirit" being "love" is nothing more than intense electro chemical reactions in your brain.

Intensity is not proof of anything other than that you had an intense feeling. We all have them. I have had them, both positive and negitive. But that doesnt make magic real. It just means that you had an intense feeling.

Most humans are laymen with a severe lack of anatomical understanding. So when they dont know what adreniline or endorphines are, an overdose of something combined with intense nerological activity can make it seem that something magical is real when it is the body, not magic, that is causing that false assumption that something magic is going on. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Let me add. Although I

Let me add. Although I think it is great you gave up on organized myth, you still fall into the same trap that causes accepted popular myth to be believed.

You incert an answer to something that happened to you, when you dont have one.

Maybe this following example will help you understand what you are doing.

IF GIVEN THE CHOICE BETWEEN THE FOLLOWING, WHICH MAKES MOST SENSE TO YOU?

1. Thor makes lightening because he gets angrey at humans.

OR

2. Lightening is a result of positive and negitive charges in the atmosphere?

My point is that your intense feelings ARE natural and normal, but in no way deserve the insertion of ambigous warm fuzzy thinking, JUST BECAUSE, it makes you feel good.

The likelyhood of your feeling of love being from Luke Skywalker's "force" is as likely as the feeling you get when Harry Potter saves the day.

Dont incert "warm fuzzies" into a gap when you dont know what it is that caused your feelings. Whatever caused your feelings was a combination of natural imput of the outside world combined with your individual biological makup recieving the data causing a HICKUP making you think magic was real because of your lack of knowlege of human biology and neurology.

What you are doing is the same "GAP" argument that theists use when they dont have the answer for something. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

cam
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: What you

Brian37 wrote:

What you call "holy spirit" being "love" is nothing more than intense electro chemical reactions in your brain.

Makes me wonder how religous people would react if they took LSD or Magic Mushrooms. If you want a godly experience, those things will do it!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
cam wrote: Brian37

cam wrote:
Brian37 wrote:

Makes me wonder how religous people would react if they took LSD or Magic Mushrooms. If you want a godly experience, those things will do it!

Anyone who knows me personally would rightly say I dont need that shit, I am goofy enough without it. The worst I do today is beer. 

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome Jonny, I think

Welcome Jonny,

I think you'll find that your tolerance will melt after a few thousand shocked gasps when you announce your atheism. Enjoy the theists' gifts of switches and ashes.

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer