Joel Osteen, most popular Evangelical TV evangelists.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Joel Osteen, most popular Evangelical TV evangelists.

http://joelosteen.lakewood.cc/site/PageServer?pagename=JOM_homepage

This guy has mananged to outshadow the scum of the likes of Falwell and Roberteson by claiming that he is there to bridge the gap. He claims that he doesnt know "All the ins and outs that God" wants, but "Knows" what god tells him to do.

To me he comes across as a "peaceneck" and I would love that if humanity could leave religion at the political and war door. I see him as the same type of oportunist as any other bisness man. The differance between him and Trump is that Trump doesnt lie about wanting to make money.

I have seen the decidant behavior of these types of cons. He doenst want to  "spread the word of God". He wants to make a name for himself. The differance is that when "People who want to make a name for themselves" are honest about it, most dont object. But like Bin Ladin, they claim a "a greater good" But you cant help but notice the expensive suits and venues that could have been spent feeding the hungry,

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd say he seems to be more

I'd say he seems to be more of an addict than a con. He gets high off of the feeling that he is helping people. And while I don't necessarily believe that to be a bad thing, I think he ought to be careful. Messiah complexes can be a bitch.

Still, I prefer his views over the ilk whose company I was in the other week. They were discussing him, and they unanimously agreed that, while his message was indeed postive, uplifting, and focused on God, he focused too much on good things, and not enough on God's wrathful nature. After all, God wasn't just some buddy that you can rely on. He's a judge and executioner. Needs more hellfire, less smiling and caring.

It left me in a certain disgusted wonderment.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
    EAT THE RICH ....

EAT THE RICH ....