Comercial Icon dies.....

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Comercial Icon dies.....

Many here are old enough to remember the Charman(sp) toilet paper commercials with "Mr Wipple" saying,"Please dont squeeze the Charman".

He died|(didnt catch when) because it flashed by me on the news ticker. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
And I wish him a squeezably

And I wish him a squeezably soft non-existence.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
For them that's interested

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Hambydammit wrote: And I

Hambydammit wrote:

And I wish him a squeezably soft non-existence.

In all seriousness, when I die, I hope people mourn by themselves but when they come for the gathering it is more like a celebrety roast. Death is part of reality, but it doesnt have to be grim, it can also be a celibration of what was.

He was a cute character and I would hope that the real actor would not take offense to this humor.

I do wish his family well, I am quite sure that they will miss him, and he did provide for some intertaining comercials.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
If I was alive at the time,

If I was alive at the time, I would be offended if everyone misrepresented my life to the point of acting like something horrible had happened when I died.

I don't care to die today, and I do hope that people will grieve for my loss when I do, but treating it as if it's a tragedy is just silly.  People die, and more people take their place.  Some people have great lives, and others don't.  I hope to be remembered for what I am, and if my memory brings some people happiness, so much the better.

I mean no disrespect to any survivors.  My humor is indicative of the corny giggles he inspired when I was a kid.  He seemed like a funny dude.  It seems appropriate to chuckle at his memory.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I just saw this. It happened

I just saw this. It happened yesterday. he was 91.