Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
My first hate message!

I editted out their name.

To: Cpt_pineapple
Subject: god lover
Date: Sun, 2007-11-04 16:01

you are all very sick people on this sight and are only looking for attention . who gives a shit if you believe or not arseholes

LOL wut?

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Guilt by association, I

Guilt by association, I guess.

Sorry to see that happen to you. 

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the club.  Let

Welcome to the club.  Let us know when you get your first death threat.  I love starting a day off knowing some looney wants to kill me.  Makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Welcome

Hambydammit wrote:

Welcome to the club.  Let us know when you get your first death threat.  I love starting a day off knowing some looney wants to kill me.  Makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Awww, why don't I get hatemail?  I'm meaner than you.

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nero wrote: Hambydammit

Nero wrote:
Hambydammit wrote:

Welcome to the club. Let us know when you get your first death threat. I love starting a day off knowing some looney wants to kill me. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Awww, why don't I get hatemail? I'm meaner than you.

Speaking of not getting hatemail, I actually get lovemail.  Check this out:

Subject: KUDOS!
Date: Wed, 2007-10-24 22:06

Hey,
I have to let you know PERSONALLY; Your reply was very intelligent, & well thought out. I can tell you actually have feelings for people, & UNDERSTAND what someone is saying.

You have a bit of a "filter" so to speak, when it comes to saying something.
Your response to my post stood out from the rest. You didn't let what I said affect you in a personal way.

Keep up the free-thinking! You're not the usual hot-head that most are. You'll "get it" before the rest of them on this site do.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline

Nero wrote:
Hambydammit wrote:

Awww, why don't I get hatemail?  I'm meaner than you.

Keep working on it Nero and one day you will push a looney over the edge.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline

Nero wrote:
Hambydammit wrote:

Welcome to the club. Let us know when you get your first death threat. I love starting a day off knowing some looney wants to kill me. Makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Wow.  Even I've gotten hatmail and I'm soooo much nicer than you.  ;P 

If god takes life he's an indian giver

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Speaking of not

Quote:

Hey,
I have to let you know PERSONALLY; Your reply was very intelligent, & well thought out. I can tell you actually have feelings for people, & UNDERSTAND what someone is saying.

Your response to my post stood out from the rest. You didn't let what I said affect you in a personal way.

Keep up the free-thinking! You're not the usual hot-head that most are. You'll "get it" before the rest of them on this site do.

LOL!  I'm pretty sure I know who this is from, and it amuses me.

Oh, and Nero, would it make you feel better if I told you I think you're so mean that they're afraid to send you hate mail?

I don't really think that, but if it makes you feel better...

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

Books about atheism

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit

Hambydammit wrote:
Quote:

Hey,

LOL!  I'm pretty sure I know who this is from, and it amuses me.

Oh, and Nero, would it make you feel better if I told you I think you're so mean that they're afraid to send you hate mail?

I don't really think that, but if it makes you feel better...

Yeah Hamby, lies always make me feel better.  That's why I still attend church regularly.

Raki
Superfan
Raki's picture
User is offlineOffline
Damn,the only hatemail i've

Damn,the only hatemail i've recieved is for not being a John Cena fan.

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline

Nero wrote:
Hambydammit wrote:

I would venture a guess that it is because people have a hard time believing that someone could really and truly be as cold-hearted as you are. You're so mean, people think you are joking.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: I would venture a

Quote:
I would venture a guess that it is because people have a hard time believing that someone could really and truly be as cold-hearted as you are. You're so mean, people think you are joking.

Losingstreak, why is it that on any subject besides religion, I find you to be disturbingly rational?  Do you just keep religion around sort of like a Halloween costume that you can pull out and put on so you can be completely irrational for a little while?

Books about atheism

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
LosingStreak06 wrote:Nero

LosingStreak06 wrote:
Nero wrote:
Hambydammit wrote:

Losing,

I'm not cold-hearted.  I just tell the truth and make observations based on evidence.  Furthermore, I only make undiluted comments to individuals who can stand up to the scrutiny.  There is no point in kicking the emotional equivalent of a teacup poodle.  In fact, any theist who has not directly received truth via my prose should be a little concerned.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:

Hambydammit wrote:

Considering that your avatar is a kitten with an assault rifle, I wouldnt mess with you.

BTW Captain, I may think that you are completely full of it along with any other label of theist, but there is a differance between expressing hate for an absurd claim, and a death threat.

I may hate the claims you make, and believe me I do. But I am also rational enough to seperate the issue of the individual and what the individual claims. I am capable of liking and even loving people who believe things I find to be patently absurd.

But do not confuse hate of a claim with actuall hate of a person and dont confuse blunt criticism with hating a person.

This person called you crazy. I might advise them to clarify it and say, "That claim is nuts", which doesnt incumpass other aspects of your life.

Now as much as I dispise your claims, if someone threatened you with violence, I'd be dead set against that, just like I'd be against someone threating Ann Coulter a right wing fundy nut.

So realize that we can be blunt and blasphemous and even hate a claim without actually hating a person.

Captian, you are in safe company here and no one wants to get you no matter how absurd we think your claims are.

I think it was Hambi(correct me if I am wrong Hambi) who said that you are just frustrated that you cant get the universe to fart on command. LOL That was so good I almost want to put that in my sig.

We still love you Capt, you might be nails on a chalkboard, but if we truely hated you the person, we probibly wouldnt talk to you at all.

EDIT:

I missread the OP. It called you and people like you "sick".

I dont know if I would personally go that far. I would agree that  "universe conciousness" is just as as much a mind dissorder as believing that ghosts knock up girls. But that doesnt mean that you are sick in the sense of "I eat babies".

Sorry for misquoting the OP. But do understand that my post regardless stands. I may not like what you claim, but that is a different issue than you personally. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've yet to get hatemail

I've yet to get hatemail yet. This surprises me, being an atheist, drunkard, commie, evolutionist, British, pro-choice, fag-enabling, American football hating, Bush hating, religion hating, science endorsing, rationalistic, liberal, godless heathen.

I guess even fundies realise that actually I'm a nice guy.

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jacob Cordingley

Jacob Cordingley wrote:

I've yet to get hatemail yet. This surprises me, being an atheist, drunkard, commie, evolutionist, British, pro-choice, fag-enabling, American football hating, Bush hating, religion hating, science endorsing, rationalistic, liberal, godless heathen.

I guess even fundies realise that actually I'm a nice guy.

Or they are afraid that you will post another avatar in which they can see even farther up your nasal cavity.  heheheheh j/k

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yeah the next picture is

Yeah the next picture is pure fucking nostrils man. Nostrils and arseholes.

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:

Losingstreak, why is it that on any subject besides religion, I find you to be disturbingly rational? Do you just keep religion around sort of like a Halloween costume that you can pull out and put on so you can be completely irrational for a little while?

Isn't that what compartmentalization is supposed to be all about?

Anyways, as I've said before, rationality is merely a sort of chemotherapy to which I must subject myself regularly in order to keep the cancer from killing me.

zntneo
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
damn't i feel left out too,

damn't i feel left out too, i want to get hate mail.

Isn't getting hate mail like the coming of age rite for any outspoken atheist? 

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Isn't getting hate

Quote:
Isn't getting hate mail like the coming of age rite for any outspoken atheist?

I've always looked at it this way.  If people aren't violently opposed to what I say, I'm not being clear enough.

Keep plugging away, though.  I'm sure you'll get yours someday!

Books about atheism