Questions for theists

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Questions for theists

1) Can God do anything?

Why did Jesus say, when he was dying on the cross, “Father, why have you forsaken me?”

*Apparently God cannot look on Sin, which Jesus was dying for (Humanities Sins), therefore God cannot do anything only some things.

2) How do you get to heaven? By faith alone, right?

What about Mary and the prophets? They had proof. What about Moses? He had proof. Adam and Eve? All in hell because they didn’t need faith, they had proof. If proof is therefore not a disqualification for being forgiven why can’t we be given proof?

3) All humans are born with “original sin” right? Therefore are condemned to Hell if they don’t accept Jesus’ sacrifice.

Are people that die never having heard of Jesus going to Hell? How does God forgive them from original sin?

*This seems to be an indication that Jesus’ sacrifice was unnecessary. I.E. God can still forgive you even if you do not accept Jesus’ sacrifice for your sins.

4) God can do anything?

Could God have created a reality where we had “choice” but didn’t need faith alone to be forgiven and go to Heaven? Then why didn’t He? Why be cruel in such a manner to those who find it illogical to believe in Him? Satan had proof and rejected God, so is condemned to eternal damnation. Why doesn’t God give us the same proof He gave Satan?

5) God gave the pain of childbirth to women because of Eve listening to the serpent and convincing Adam into partaking of the Forbidden Fruit.

Does this mean that women taking drugs to reduce the pain of childbirth are being disrespectful and going against God’s wishes? Should this not be as strongly condemned or even more so than abortion? It is subverting God’s wishes. That’s a sin.

6) Has anyone ever seen God? Or lived afterwards if they did?

Why does the Bible say both yes and no?

7) Eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions God's infinite love. Does that make sense to you?

{edited for visibility}

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
First of all, using black

First of all, using black text makes it very, very difficult to use the quote feature.  To the questions:

1. No

Jesus said the "father" line to fulfill some prophecy. Couldn't be bothered to look it up.

2. Imagine there's no heaven. It's easy if you try. 

3. Sin is rather a misnomer, I'm afraid.

4. I believe this question has already been addressed. My God didn't create any of this mess. It's just along for the ride.

5.  No.

6. Certainly. The Bible is, suffice to say, full of crap.

7.  God does not love. God merely is. And sometimes It isn't, too.

You need to be a bit more specific when addressing these kinds of questions. 

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
I am no expert on anything,

I am no expert on anything, but it seems the progressive buddhists have the best god rap going. The definition of god is completely different than that of our western dictionary.

LosingStreak06 ??? are you really a theist ? Your message seems changed these past months, and more buddhist like, which is very atheistic, no supernatural anything ?

I'm new at this internet god debating, but isn't the god of abraham intellectually bankrupt and shouldn't our focus be on shit canning the western god definition.

Love and peace is what people really want to worship and strive for, instead of being misled and distracted by that monster devil god of abraham and all it's fairy tale afterlife promises, and dogma, and armageddon, etc etc.

Seem any caring person would welcome the eastern ideas to our western god dumb brainwashed people.

geezzz atheists and xians, open up the channels of communication with the buddhists. Seems to me (and Einstein) it would be a big help.

aahhhh, get the moderates pissed off, and involved, destroy the god of abraham forever ..... ( fix the fucking tv )

I agree with rss Hambydammit , his post , Will Moderates Please Get Pissed? Please?

..... and I seem to argee with the progessive buddhists ideas on that mystic Jesus dude .... I HATE WAR and the god of abraham and it's tv .....aahhhhh .... it really isn't funny so why I'm laughing ???

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
I AM GOD AS YOU

I AM GOD AS YOU wrote:
LosingStreak06 ??? are you really a theist ? Your message seems changed these past months, and more buddhist like, which is very atheistic, no supernatural anything ?

To get very nit-picky, I am a subjective-materialist pagan. My God is part of the natural universe, and is only a god because I have deemed It to be so. At this current juncture, my object of worship is a fruit smoothie. Some would call me "a theist in name only."