I confronted some guy wearing a RRS T-shirt.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I confronted some guy wearing a RRS T-shirt.

So there I was at the gas station when I saw some guy wearing the shirt.

I asked him what does 'Believe in God? We can fix that' mean, and then he just started cussing me out and yelled "We dont live in a dictatorship and I am not going to bow to you".

People these days.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

I asked him what does 'Believe in God? We can fix that' mean, and then he just started cussing me out and yelled "We dont live in a dictatorship and I am not going to bow to you".

People these days.

Is this some sort of joke? You just read my other post and are now poking fun of me.

Funny how your story wasnt posted untill a day after mine was. |"|I just confronted"......No you didnt. You read my post and are trying to mock me.

Would you care to explain yourself?

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/the_rational_response_squad_radio_show/general_conversation_introductions_and_humor/10811

Your post was posted today. Look at the title of the post you made? "I just confronted"

If you confronted me your title should have read, "Yesterday I confronted". Now dont go editing the title because I caught you in a lie.

Dont worry, I have a sense of humor, but if you are going to pull a prank on someone, think it through a little more. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:
Cpt_pineapple wrote:

People these days.

Is this some sort of joke? You just read my other post and are now poking fun of me.

Funny how your story wasnt posted untill a day after mine was. |"|I just confronted"......No you didnt. You read my post and are trying to mock me.

Would you care to explain yourself?

It is a joke.

It's called a reverse situation topic, whereby somebody  states a confrotation and then I come along and re-tell the situation from the other person's (fictitious) perspective.

shelley
ModeratorRRS local affiliate
shelley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:   It

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

It is a joke.

It's called a reverse situation topic, whereby somebody states a confrotation and then I come along and re-tell the situation from the other person's (fictitious) perspective. 

Not laughing over here... You know you have no future in comedy when you have to explain your joke in detail. 

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
shelleymtjoy

shelleymtjoy wrote:
Cpt_pineapple wrote:

It is a joke.

It's called a reverse situation topic, whereby somebody states a confrotation and then I come along and re-tell the situation from the other person's (fictitious) perspective.

Not laughing over here... You know you have no future in comedy when you have to explain your joke in detail.

It would have been funnier if he actually thought I was telling the truth.

mindspread
mindspread's picture
User is offlineOffline
I got it.  I

I got it. 

I laughed.

It's a pretty common thing over at Fark.  In the TotalFark section they do it on a regular basis. 

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
I got it. But, lest anyone

I got it.

But, lest anyone thing I'm taking sides, I also thought it was lame.

Cheers.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Jiggs Casey
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote: So

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

I asked him what does 'Believe in God? We can fix that' mean, and then he just started cussing me out and yelled "We dont live in a dictatorship and I am not going to bow to you.

People these days.

Some joke.

And its not funny.  I have relatives who escaped from countries where the government said exactly that.

And they weren't joking.

LosingStreak06
Theist
LosingStreak06's picture
User is offlineOffline
All signs point to you

All signs point to you spending too much time on CE.

stillmatic
stillmatic's picture
User is offlineOffline

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

People these days.

I got it and it was funny. I guess some people are just a-humorists.

"A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven." -- former Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
  Eh. It was kinda funny.

Eh. It was kinda funny. Not totally unfunny, but it just wasn't funny enough. Funny enough for a quick and snarky reply, maybe, but not quite funny enough to warrant a new forum topic.

Some people are a-humorists. Other people are a-weak-jokeists. 

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
mindspread wrote: I got

mindspread wrote:

I got it.

I laughed.

Kelly and I laughed as well, we were laughing at the title, as it was positioned right under Brians post in the tracker. 

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

People these days.

While I can understand how some people would find this amusing, the original post by Brian is not accurately represented by this "view of the other side".  Brian actually stated some reasonable questions he asked about the other person's viewpoint.  This post acts like the offended man asked an innocent question and then was immediately attacked vehemently for it.

In short, Brian's post showed logicaly directed dialogue, whereas this post implies unreasonable reaction to an innocent question.  Therefore it is a dishonest and an extremely unfair and (supposedly) mirror view of his position.

Cheap shots for lazy minds to comfort themselves that they are right.  Don't think too hard or your brain might hurt.  Eat some Funyuns and watch WWF.

"I am an atheist, thank God." -Oriana Fallaci

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Watcher wrote:   In

Watcher wrote:

In short, Brian's post showed logicaly directed dialogue, whereas this post implies unreasonable reaction to an innocent question. Therefore it is a dishonest and an extremely unfair and (supposedly) mirror view of his position.

That would be what makes it funny. Or at least what's suppose to make it funny. 

You see that's the point of a joke topic, to get some people to take it seriously. 

CrimsonEdge
CrimsonEdge's picture
User is offlineOffline
Stuff like this got old

Stuff like this got old around the same time 4chan meme's started.

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Everything is alright, it'll

Everything is alright, it'll all be alright. Everybody please shut up now.

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Will I get lambasted for

Will I get lambasted for saying I thought it was funny? *ducks*

At another forum I frequent it is nearly considered an art form to create funny copycat posts.  There are usually dozens of them every day in the "lounge" area of the forum, so Cpt. Pineapple's title made me laugh because I had read brian37's post yesterday.

I guess I'm used to the "gag," so it made me chuckle and think, "Great copycat post!" 

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Watcher
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Ah, I wasn't in on the

Ah, I wasn't in on the gag.  Sorry.

Jacob Cordingley
SuperfanBronze Member
Jacob Cordingley's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes. It was indeed

Yes. It was indeed laughable.