I'm Brand New and just found a just found theory to disprove Evolution

generic_citizen
User is offlineOffline
I'm Brand New and just found a just found theory to disprove Evolution

This is my first post... so hi.

I just found a comment on a torrent of The Blind Watchmaker, this guy is crazy.

If you dont believe a supernatural power created life and the earth and the ever expanding universe, the only alternative is it 'naturally' happened, that is it 'evolved' from nothing! I am trying not to laugh!

First define science;
Knowledge - acquired BY REPEATABLE experimentation!

Now the theory of evolution;
first there was a dot, this dot exploded (big bang), dont ask why it exploded or hwo it got there! somehow and eventually an earth and solar system formed. the earth was made, and was only rock (where did rock come from? who knows, dont ask questions), eventually it rained on the earth (where did the water come from? the Rain life cycle is amazing complicated system, but somehow it created itself).
Next LIFE was created by millions of years of rain on these rocks! known as the 'primordial soup' - HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Now venture forward 4 billion years in time, it used to be intially 100 million years, but as Evolutions get more and more desperate they just through in an extra 3.9billion years and that number will grow, to allow for the impossibleness that everythign could have come from nothing!

Humanist Evolutionists start with a presupposition, there was NO CREATION! Now they set about to prove it. And despite all evidence, they will seek out anything that can support their claims. They believe that everythign that we see today slowly came into being with no purpose, yet everything we see and know today has purpose!

Thats right, it rained on some rocks for milliions of years and eventualy given enough of their magical ingredient known as 'time', out popped everything we know that defeats any probablity of random chance, which evolution is - random chance of events occurign and Intelligence evolving. It defeats all logic, that intelligent life can actualy slowly change and be created from nothing. If you have nothing, you cannot get something from it.

Evolutions cannot answer these questions and keep a straight face:-

How does life exist? Not only why, but how does this metaphysical force come into existence? If a baby doesnt exist and hasnt even been concieved, but wants to be alive, how does it cause itself to appear? And how does it know it wants to be created if it isnt already alive?? This is like the concept of life. Evolutionists belive it came from nothing, yet it had purpose and intent to bring forth all that we know that defies random chance;
Intelligent life, beautiful rainforests, multi coloured birds that fly! Your eye which is more advanced than the best cameras ever MADE! Your heart which is the most efficient pump ever known to mankind! Incredible engineering in EVERY part of LIFE and nature, and physics.

Animals and life do not gain intelligent ablities or change from one species to another.

Never anywhere in the fossil record, is found any animal that is half frog and dog. or half donkey and monkey! it doesnt happen. All life as we know it has never changed from the fossil record no more than it has changed its skin colour.

Now check out all the evidence THAT we were actually CREATED.
-Intelligent life
-the unvierse and the earth that have incredible symbiotic relationships. without the moon the earth would flood, without the sun we would freeze, life could not exist. without the sea we couldnt have rain. without rain we couldnt have life. without graviiity we woudl float into space. without oxygen we couldnt breathe.
-dog brings forth dog, cat/lion/tiger brings forth a KIND of cat, man brigns forth man, different kinds of animals bring forth their same kind of animals. if evolution were true and life alwyas finds a way, why cant a dog impregnate an elephant? different kinds of animals cannot reporduce with each other - this for a reason.

Evolution should be come with a disclaimer - warning, what you are about to hear woudl make david copperfield blush.Its a magical fairy tale filled with enough holes to sink a ship and more lies than bill clintons sworn testimonies, its illogical nonsense.

See www.drdino.com for a complete explanation of every part of the Evolution myth and a complete breakdown of an opposing view point, that makes a HECK of lot mroe sense than you will learn at uni. Use your own brain, dont be a follower, be a leader, think for yourself, it doesnt smell right, theres a reason for it!

A bit of a read I know but humorus none the less, I left a fitting response. Part of me laughs but part of me wants to reach through my copper cabling through the routers and.... well, do what any other logical person would do, throw a copy of the The Selfish gene at him.

{edited for readability}

Jarem Asyder
Jarem Asyder's picture
User is offlineOffline
just replace evolution and

just replace evolution and cosomology with "god did it" and thats supposed to make more sense?

The scary thing is that particular essay sounds alot like one of my friends' essays.  

generic_citizen
User is offlineOffline
What I

What I think both saddens and irritates me is, how full of himself he is. I would never be that arrogant about an issue. I don't really think you can comment on an issue if you haven't at least read and understand the basis of the oppositions idea.

He's getting a beat down from other people now as well, so there is some justice.

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Check out the "Why Do

Check out the "Why Do People Laugh at Creationists?" series for specific addresses of Kent Hovind's "theories."

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=people+laugh+at+creationists&search=Search 

generic_citizen
User is offlineOffline
I take it that most of this

I take it that most of this is just 

regurgitation

of Kent Hovind and his magical ideas then. It sounded a lot like Way of the Master, I say those guys in Huntington Beach, I was going to go over but as soon as you start with some sensible argument, he pipes up;

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Have you ever lied?"

"Have you ever stolen?"

blah blah

Then comes out with your a lying, stealing blah blah blah. Then shows a picture of a half horse half pig.

So I didn't feel it was worth my time.

stevedave83
stevedave83's picture
User is offlineOffline
I really love arguments

I really love arguments like this.

The reason is that they are showing their ignorance of the science of evolution. They like to say "evolution says...evolution teaches..." yet everything they say is completely wrong, I seriously want to know where they get this shit!

The fact that they incorrectly state the core tenets of evolution only prooves that they don't know what in the hell they're talking about.

Of course after they refute their misguided conception of evolution, they rest comfortably on the 'false dilemma' fallacy. "Evolution is wrong, therefore creationism must be correct".

You can't rationally argue out something that was not rationally argued in.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Oh yeah? How can animals

Oh yeah? How can animals grow if gravity is pulling down on them?

Gravity disproves evolution!

Little Roller U...
Superfan
Little Roller Up First's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gravity is just a theory?

Apokalipse
Apokalipse's picture
User is offlineOffline
Little Roller Up First

Little Roller Up First wrote:
There's no such thing as gravity. The Earth sucks.

Pathofreason
Superfan
Pathofreason's picture
User is offlineOffline
Huh?

There was this dot? Can you describe the dot? hahahaha I defy that idiot to find one scientist who would say "there was this dot"

Co-Founder of the Atheist/Freethought website Pathofreason.com

www.pathofreason.com

Check it out

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Pathofreason wrote:

Pathofreason wrote:
There was this dot? Can you describe the dot? hahahaha I defy that idiot to find one scientist who would say "there was this dot"

I believe the general verdict is that it was a highly condensed state.

They're probably getting the 'dot' thing from the initial rapid expansion part.

But, yeah, it was rather small.

[edit clarity]

stevedave83
stevedave83's picture
User is offlineOffline
Little Roller Up First

And there are people who deny that gravity exists, just like those who deny the theory of evolution.   The most notable group that thinks that gravity doesn't exist is the Flat Earth Society.  They believe that the Earth is flat (obviously) and that it is accelerating upward in space, thereby giving the illusion of gravity.  If anyone wants to play a good game of "spot the logical fallacy", you should pay a visit to their forums at www.theflatearthsociety.org

Also, there is a funny web site that presents a parodic argument that gravity is "only a theory" and should be "critically considered", that is strikingly similar to the arguments about evolution.  You can find it at http://www.bringyou.to/apologetics/p67.htm 

You can't rationally argue out something that was not rationally argued in.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm sorry, I couldn' get

I'm sorry, I couldn' get past

" first there was a dot, this dot exploded (big bang), dont ask why it exploded or hwo it got there! "

Insert 'God' for 'dot'...

God (infinite sentient super being) is a much more unlikely thing to just appear than a tiny volume of intense energy.

Ho hum....

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

shikko
User is offlineOffline
stevedave83 wrote: Little

stevedave83 wrote:

And there are people who deny that gravity exists, just like those who deny the theory of evolution. The most notable group that thinks that gravity doesn't exist is the Flat Earth Society. They believe that the Earth is flat (obviously) and that it is accelerating upward in space, thereby giving the illusion of gravity. If anyone wants to play a good game of "spot the logical fallacy", you should pay a visit to their forums at www.theflatearthsociety.org

It's too much to hope you're joking, right?

*sigh*

Physics geeks: correct me if I'm wrong, but if that were true, wouldn't that mean the earth would hit the speed of light in less than a year?

Math check:

c = 2.997 * 10^8 m/s

g = 9.806 m/s^(-2)

So at that acceleration, we'd hit c in 30,570,323 seconds (c/g), which is .968 years, right? I'm pretty sure most everyone believes the earth is more than a year old, so...I think these people need to stop drinking in the mornings.

Or I need to start. One or the other.

--
maybe if this sig is witty, someone will love me.

slowhand
slowhand's picture
User is offlineOffline
stevedave83 wrote: Little

stevedave83 wrote:

And there are people who deny that gravity exists, just like those who deny the theory of evolution. The most notable group that thinks that gravity doesn't exist is the Flat Earth Society. They believe that the Earth is flat (obviously) and that it is accelerating upward in space, thereby giving the illusion of gravity. If anyone wants to play a good game of "spot the logical fallacy", you should pay a visit to their forums at www.theflatearthsociety.org

Also, there is a funny web site that presents a parodic argument that gravity is "only a theory" and should be "critically considered", that is strikingly similar to the arguments about evolution. You can find it at http://www.bringyou.to/apologetics/p67.htm

I am utterly speechless and I have lost what little faith I had in humanity.  that site mist be some sort of elaborate prank.

“The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion.”

“It may be that our role on this planet is not to worship God, but to create him.”

<

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
slowhand

slowhand wrote:
stevedave83 wrote:

Also, there is a funny web site that presents a parodic argument that gravity is "only a theory" and should be "critically considered", that is strikingly similar to the arguments about evolution. You can find it at http://www.bringyou.to/apologetics/p67.htm

I am utterly speechless and I have lost what little faith I had in humanity. that site mist be some sort of elaborate prank.

Try this one on for size: http://www.truthism.com

It even tells you specifically that it's NOT a prank! Noooo! 

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Archeopteryx wrote: Try

Archeopteryx wrote:

Do not compare the Reptilians to some abstract, imaginary god. First of all, the Reptilians are the very ones who invented those imaginary gods in the first place

By George, they're right! My belief in God is nothing more that a Reptillian conspiracy!

I now de-convert and will help the RRS as much as I can to help eliminate reliigon an unite against the Reptilians! 

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
Archeopteryx wrote:

Do not compare the Reptilians to some abstract, imaginary god. First of all, the Reptilians are the very ones who invented those imaginary gods in the first place

By George, they're right! My belief in God is nothing more that a Reptillian conspiracy!

I now de-convert and will help the RRS as much as I can to help eliminate reliigon an unite against the Reptilians!

Haha, it's one of the most hilarious sites I've ever read. My favorite part is where he talks about how the earth is actually hollow with A SUN INSIDE, and that aurora borealis is light from the earth's internal sun escaping from the north and south pole (which apparently don't exist. Instead, the north and south poles are openings that lead into the earth's interior, but you can't travel there because you'll be stopped by guardsmen).

I also like that he says you can't use your beliefs to attempt to debunk the site, because your beliefs are what is in question! Oh my god! You're right! If I just ignore everything I know about reality, everything you say makes perfect sense!

A+ for insanity. 

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.