Hello Everyone

Mengus22
Mengus22's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello Everyone

Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I have been a member of the website for a few months and I posted one thread with pics when I visited the "creation museum" near my home, but I've never introduced myself and I wanted to take the chance to say hello and get to know everyone as I am now a silver member and plan on being more active going forward.

I am 28 years old, I live in Louisville, KY but was born and raised in Tampa, FL. I was "converted" to Christianity when I was 17. After that all I wanted to do was be a preacher so I went to a little Bible College in New Port Richey, FL. I graduated with a bacherlor's degree in Biblical Studies and got married at 22. At 25 my wife and I moved to Louisville, KY so I could attend the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. After one year I was extremely disappointed with the school and my marriage began to fail all while my faith was failing as well. In February of 2007 I got divorced both from my wife and from my faith and as George Smith would say, I "deconverted".

Realizing my Bible college degree is worthless I am now a 28 year freshman starting over working on a Philosophy degree from the University of Louisville. I heard about the RRS from the dateline episode and I hope to be able to help in whatever way I can through the forums and financially. If there's isn't one already, maybe we can see about getting some sort of KY version or UofL version of the rational response squad going.

I look forward to interacting with you all.

Mark Ennis

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the hizzle!

Welcome to the hizzle!

Shaitian
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the dark side!

Welcome to the dark side!

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
I wouldn't say your bible

I wouldn't say your bible college degree is worthless, especially here. Always good to have someone around who's well-versed in the Bible when people come around and start throwing them at us.

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
I wouldn't call the degree

I wouldn't call the degree from the Bible School worthless.  It is kind of like bedding a really ugly woman.  You can use it in the over all count, so long as no one starts to ask too many questions about it.  Smiling

Cue angry woman response!

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer