AAI CONVENTION ON ABC NEWS

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
AAI CONVENTION ON ABC NEWS

I apologize about not linking this..I'm at work and busy....gotta go cheers.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/ver/246/popup/index.php?cl=4311771

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

dead_again
Special AgentWebsite Admin
dead_again's picture
User is offlineOffline
Even the RRS got a visual in

Even the RRS got a visual in there. Probably one of the better news pieces I've seen about atheism. The reporter chick seemed a little pissed but otherwise a fairly good piece.

Your god's silence speaks loud and clear

geirj
geirj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christopher Hitchens needs

Christopher Hitchens needs to smile.

The convention was sold out, with a waiting list of 600!? That's incredible. Congrats to everyone involved with putting it on.

Nobody I know was brainwashed into being an atheist.

Why Believe?

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Christopher Hitchens

Quote:
Christopher Hitchens needs to smile.

Hitchens' one on one interview with RRS was amazing.  As it turns out, he does smile from time to time.

Quote:
The convention was sold out, with a waiting list of 600!? That's incredible. Congrats to everyone involved with putting it on.

Yeah... funny thing, the naysayers were worried that the 400-500 spots available wouldn't even sell.  To the contrary!  The tickets were sold out within a few weeks of being offered, and the only reason the waiting list was 600 was because they started telling people how big it was, and many people didn't even bother to get added to the list.  Hopefully next year's will be much, much bigger.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Extremely cool!  I thought

Extremely cool!  I thought I saw shaunphilly in the crowd.  Was that him?

On edit: Remind me where I can send a few bucks to help this effort.  (I've been a bit out of it...under the weather.)

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watched the ABC News clip.

Watched the ABC News clip. I liked it up until the point where the interviewer asked whether the atheists had a favorite presidential candidate, as if we're all of one mind.

Christopher pointed out that there are both democrats and republicans, but mentioned that atheists generally tend to be more liberal.

I don't have a problem with his answer, but I do wish he would have said more simply and clearly that atheists can't and shouldn't be lumped together that way. Ah well.

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.