The religious right still have their knickers in a twist over Kathy Griffin

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
The religious right still have their knickers in a twist over Kathy Griffin

Link to this latest piece on christians trying to protect their omnipotent God.

http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/235848.aspx

If this has been posted already, I apologize. Mods, if I've misplaced this, feel free to relocate it to the proper spot. 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
From the article:

From the article: 'Hollingsworth asserts that slandering God should no longer be treated with tolerance or protected with the "freedom of speech.".'

So how is this different from the radical Islamic clerics that issue fatawas against those that draw cartoons of Mohamed? Oh yeah, they don't call for your death yet, they just write strongly worded letters. Jesus will be so proud of them. 

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

Raki
Superfan
Raki's picture
User is offlineOffline
Randalllord wrote: From

Randalllord wrote:

From the article: 'Hollingsworth asserts that slandering God should no longer be treated with tolerance or protected with the "freedom of speech.".'

So how is this different from the radical Islamic clerics that issue fatawas against those that draw cartoons of Mohamed? Oh yeah, they don't call for your death yet, they just write strongly worded letters. Jesus will be so proud of them. 

They can't accept criticism.

Nero(in response to a Youth pastor) wrote:

You are afraid and should be thus.  We look to eradicate your god from everything but history books.  We bring rationality and clear thought to those who choose lives of ignorance.  We are the blazing, incandescent brand that will leave an "A" so livid, so scarlet on your mind that you will not go an hour without reflecting on reality.

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote: Link to

jcgadfly wrote:

Link to this latest piece on christians trying to protect their omnipotent God.

http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/235848.aspx

If this has been posted already, I apologize. Mods, if I've misplaced this, feel free to relocate it to the proper spot.

Hypocrits and liers. They are not for freedom for everyone, just their freedom to institutionalize a monopoly on public law.

These assholes want the right to quote Laviticus in condemning homosexuality(AND THEY SHOULD HAVE THAT RIGHT|) no matter how wrong they are. But show their distain for freedom by demanding others shut up and they be the only ones to criticise anything.

THIS GETS MY STFU AWARD OF THE DAY,

Free speech cuts both ways assholes! This is exactly why "hate crime" law language is a bad idea. These same people who dont want us picking on their omni potent God, would, if given the power use LAW to silence Kathy Griffen. I am quite sure Kathy is happy that that is not the case...........BUT.....It wont stay that way if we continue to let people OF ANY LABEL, cry foul over merely being offended.

This language by CBN is the exact same intollarane to dissent and dissagreement as a prior post pointed out in this thread being like the reaction of the Muslim Zealots over Muhammed being depicted with a bomb in his turbin.

LICK MY NUTS CBN! Trash atheists and secularists all you want, YOU HAVE THAT RIGHT, but I will not allow you to take away my right to criticize or even pick on, your god OR ANY GOD!

YOU DO NOT OWN A MONOPOLY ON FREEDOM AND WILL NOT DICTATE TO ME!

If I want to say, "Pat Robertson is a nut and a zealot and an asshole" I CAN. If I want to say that your god is a petty tyrant who throws a fit like a baby when someone doesnt want to kiss his ass" I CAN.

SO SUCK IT UP ASSHOLES, YOU DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO FREEDOM AND YOU DO NOT OWN MY BRAIN!

To Kathy, thank you so much for your bravery in pointing out the pettyness of any deity caring about something as trival as the acting carrers of millionairs. Thank you for pointing out that there are more important issues in the world.

LICK MY NUTS , KISS MY ASS! CBN, I do not bow to theocrats or tyrants.

I hope Pat Robertson gets busted just like Kent Hovind. I hope he ends up having to worry about dropping the bar of soap. Robertnuts and his 700 idiot club can say whatever they want about whomever. But they will never take my free speech from me.

I'm not done. 

MIND YOU, NOT ALL PEOPLE BELIEVE IN A TYRANICAL JESUS LIKE ROBERTNUTS!

But, assuming that this "strict Jesus" who wont turn the other cheek when being picked on existed, |"HE CAN LICK MY NUTS TOO"

Fortunatly such a fictional tyrant  does not exist. Unfortunatly, just like Clerics opress muslims from criticising allah, as well as non-muslims, ROBERTDICKLICKER, is behaiving in the same tyranical mannor.

So take a giant dildo CBN and shove it up your ass! 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
More from the article: "We

More from the article:

"We are the actors, singers, dancers, crew and managers of The Miracle Theater in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. We are proud to stand on stage every night and use our God-given talents to portray the life and the love of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We, along with thousands of other Christians in the entertainment industry, know our talents do come from God, and we take offense when His name is battered and bruised by people through the media."

"Over 2,000 years ago, Jesus was mocked and few stood up for Him. We at The Miracle Theater consider it an honor to stand for Jesus today. We may never win a national award. We may never be household names. We may never be seen in Hollywood. Although others may choose to use their national platform to slander our God, we are honored as professional entertainers to stand for Christ."

These are theatre people, damn it! These are representatives of a profession that I love and am currently studying! They completely forget the work that they put in every night to hone their craft and instead credit God for the results of their effort.

I know my history - I understand that theatre was first created as a service to the gods (and has a constant love/hate relationship with the churches).  I just don't understand why theists (Christians in particular) want to cheapen their own work in favor of the Cloud Being who might actually disapprove.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
QA

True Story: 

Archaeopteryx: "Dear Jesus: do you still love Kathy Griffin even though she told you to suck it?"

ComedyJesus: "I consider Kathy Griffin's request a compliment. Love, Christ."

It's cool with Jesus, so obviously there's nothing to fuss about.

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Maybe I shouldn't be so

Maybe I shouldn't be so offended - these are one trick ponies after all.

Their entire existence is doing one production ad infinitum/ad nauseum.  

— George Carlin

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
HHmmm...  I know lots of

HHmmm...  I know lots of theater people from my work at a local Equity theater.  I don't know a single fundie or even hard-core xian among them. 

They work their butts off (cast, crew and designers) and there's only one I can think of that even displayed any religious anything (he wore a wooden cross on a chain around his neck).

Of course, our theater does really edgy stuff that includes some things such as cursing, psychopaths, child molesters and gay themes.  Maybe the hard-core theists just don't want to work there.

That's OK with me.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.