ThaiBoxerShorts
ThaiBoxerShorts's picture
User is offlineOffline

So who do I talk to about getting one of those user pictures with the badge in the background?  Sapient just promoted me to VIP, so I feel like I should have one.  I'd make one myself, but I suck at that kind of graphical stuff.

If anyone wants to take a crack at it, I've attached a pic.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Right click, Copy, Paste,

Right click, Copy, Paste, Done...

Yes, no, maybe?

ThaiBoxerShorts
User is offlineOffline
You'd think it would be that

You'd think it would be that easy, wouldn't you?
With my complete lack of graphical talent, it's not.

Loucks
Loucks's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's not graphical talent,

It's not graphical talent, but rather basic computing skills that you lack. The steps were just given to you, yet you still can't manage?

At least you know how to open a browser window to share this ineptitude with the rest of us. Bravo!

Details of my timeout are posted here.

ThaiBoxerShorts
User is offlineOffline
Perhaps I've failed at

Perhaps I've failed at explaining exactly what it is I'm asking for help with, because it's totally a matter of graphical know-how, which I freely admit I'm inept at. The process of cutting my face out of the picture and slapping it onto an RRS badge background?  Yeah, I can't do that, because I suck that much at working with graphics.  Hence asking for help.  My basic computing skills are otherwise just fine.

Ah, fuck it.  If people here are so quick to be condescending twats, I'm probably better off contributing to the community in ways that don't involve posting on the forums.

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Hey, there are a lot of

Hey, there are a lot of twats on the forum, but a lot of people are OK. Just give someone with a badge a chance to respond.

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
ThaiBoxerShorts

ThaiBoxerShorts wrote:

Perhaps I've failed at explaining exactly what it is I'm asking for help with, because it's totally a matter of graphical know-how, which I freely admit I'm inept at. The process of cutting my face out of the picture and slapping it onto an RRS badge background? Yeah, I can't do that, because I suck that much at working with graphics. Hence asking for help. My basic computing skills are otherwise just fine.

Ah, fuck it. If people here are so quick to be condescending twats, I'm probably better off contributing to the community in ways that don't involve posting on the forums.

Not everyone here is condescending. I'm actually with you on this one. I don't see how this simple request for help with an avatar warranted that kind of response.

But such is the way of the internets. It's a very mixed bag. (And, yes, it is also a series of tubes). Just ignore the ones that irk you.

On a more relevant note, I'd be more than happy to help you out with your avatar problem, but I'm afraid that I'm in the same boat as you on this one. Zero skills with photoshop. I can use MS Paint pretty well, but that doesn't get you very far these days. Eye-wink

It would be cool if you stuck around, but if bad attitudes start getting to you, I guess I wouldn't blame you. I just hate to see you feel like you have to leave already when it seems like you've just recently started making an attempt to be active here.

Don't let the words of one person make you feel unwelcome.

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

rational_terp
User is offlineOffline
Here is your picture with

Here is your picture with the RRS badge. Let me know if you want to have it arranged in a different way.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
ThaiBoxerShorts, if this

ThaiBoxerShorts, if this picture suits you or when you get one you like, please PM me and I can change your avatar for you if you like.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Loucks
Loucks's picture
User is offlineOffline
ThaiBoxerShorts

ThaiBoxerShorts wrote:
Perhaps I've failed at explaining exactly what it is I'm asking for help with, because it's totally a matter of graphical know-how, which I freely admit I'm inept at.

No, I'd say you explained things properly. I just failed to comprehend what you wanted. Apologies. 

ThaiBoxerShorts wrote:
Ah, fuck it. If people here are so quick to be condescending twats, I'm probably better off contributing to the community in ways that don't involve posting on the forums.

I'm quick to be condescending, but I'm no twat. Them's fightin' words, stranger! 

ThaiBoxerShorts
User is offlineOffline
Loucks wrote: I'm quick to

Loucks wrote:
I'm quick to be condescending, but I'm no twat. Them's fightin' words, stranger! 

Well, you've made a very poor first impression.  Fuck off, you fucking twat.  I have no patience for twats like you.  Stay the fuck out of my threads from now on.  I have to deal with enough bullshit in my life from theists. 

ThaiBoxerShorts
User is offlineOffline
rational_terp wrote: Here

rational_terp wrote:

Here is your picture with the RRS badge. Let me know if you want to have it arranged in a different way.

Thanks.  I might use that one.  I have at least one more on the way from someone else.  I'll take a look at the final products and make a decision then. 

Raki
Superfan
Raki's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mr. Gawn is doing mines.

Mr. Gawn is doing mines.

Loucks
Loucks's picture
User is offlineOffline
ThaiBoxerShorts

ThaiBoxerShorts wrote:
Well, you've made a very poor first impression. Fuck off, you fucking twat. I have no patience for twats like you. Stay the fuck out of my threads from now on. I have to deal with enough bullshit in my life from theists.

I see why you're a "Rational V.I.P." Your well-reasoned retort to my apology has certainly put me in my place. Most rational people don't clumsily lash out at those who apologize for their mistakes, but I suppose you must know something the rest of us don't. Care to share that wisdom with the forum at large?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Loucks

Loucks wrote:

ThaiBoxerShorts wrote:
Well, you've made a very poor first impression. Fuck off, you fucking twat. I have no patience for twats like you. Stay the fuck out of my threads from now on. I have to deal with enough bullshit in my life from theists.

I see why you're a "Rational V.I.P." Your well-reasoned retort to my apology has certainly put me in my place. Most rational people don't clumsily lash out at those who apologize for their mistakes, but I suppose you must know something the rest of us don't. Care to share that wisdom with the forum at large?

Hey twatweed,

He's a Rational VIP because he is part of a three headed beast dedicated to exposing the dishonesty and ignorance of the people at Way of the Master. I met him last week, and his badge is based solely on the fact that he was given a "Content Contributor" role on our site to repost information about WOTM. All content contributors receive the badge automatically as a thanks for their efforts, and considering that, this makes them very important people to us.

This does not however make any "rational vip" above cursing some dickface out who has his head so far up his ass he has no idea he is making himself out to look like a condescending, ignorant, moronic, and arrogant asshole.

With that said... fuck you, and settle down, don't troll again

MODS PLEASE REVIEW THIS DIPSHIT'S PREVIOUS POSTS TO SEE IF HE WARRANTS BANNING IMMEDIATELY OR TOMORROW.

P.S. write a blog about us being fascist or hypocrites for censorship if you want, we'll all chalk it up as free press from yet another troll.

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well said, Sapient.  This

Well said, Sapient.  This fellow always has a sandy vagina.  Should the Mods be short of time, I would be happy to collect the evidence of an air tight case against him.

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

Loucks
Loucks's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: This does

Sapient wrote:
This does not however make any "rational vip" above cursing some dickface out who has his head so far up his ass he has no idea he is making himself out to look like a condescending, ignorant, moronic, and arrogant asshole.

I admitted to being condescending and apologized. He responded with a clumsy attempt to flame me. Is it inappropriate to point out that his response was out of line? Is it not permissible to apologize when one makes a mistake? I didn't see any of that in the rules. I came here expecting rational discussion, not invective, and yet it seems to me that the latter is frequently employed without censure.

Sapient wrote:
With that said... fuck you, and settle down, don't troll again.

I'm not trolling. I was slightly rude, but the same can be said for quite a few other users. 

Sapient wrote:
MODS PLEASE REVIEW THIS DIPSHIT'S PREVIOUS POSTS TO SEE IF HE WARRANTS BANNING IMMEDIATELY OR TOMORROW.

If you've already decided to ban me, you might as well get it over with. I don't think you'll find sufficient evidence that I deserve to be booted, but that's obviously your call. If you do so, at least do me the favor of letting me know why. If it's "trolling," an example would be nice.

Sapient wrote:
P.S. write a blog about us being fascist or hypocrites for censorship if you want, we'll all chalk it up as free press from yet another troll.

Why would I do that? It's your site, and you can do what you like with it. I'm not a troll, and I'm not sure why you seem to have come to that conclusion. Would you mind explaining your basis for that accusation?

Loucks
Loucks's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:

Double post. Please ignore or delete. Thanks.

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Loucks wrote: Please ignore

Loucks wrote:
Please ignore or delete. Thanks.

I think this is excellent advice for all of his posts.

Loucks
Loucks's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nero wrote: Loucks

Nero wrote:

Loucks wrote:

Yet people accuse me of trolling. How is this a useful contribution to the thread?

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Nero wrote: Well said,

Nero wrote:
Well said, Sapient. This fellow always has a sandy vagina. Should the Mods be short of time, I would be happy to collect the evidence of an air tight case against him.

Isn't it ironic that I told you one more kick ass expose, and you get a VIP badge?

Based on the irony alone, let's see what you got.

I actually have two leads, but I'm not sure which way to go...

A variant of his email address leads to this account.

Also there was a man named Loucks who was commented on at Talkorigins...

Quote:
from... From Dan Ford:

Recently there has been a claim (by Jim Loucks) that evolution writers misquote creationists much more often than the reverse. Jim of course has so far failed to substantiate that claim with any evidence, while in the mean time there have been several articles posted documenting creationist misquoting of evolutionary authors (for example the Eldredge and Gould case).

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/icr-whoppers.html

More on Jim Loucks: http://www.skepticfiles.org/evo2/darrow.htm

Quote:
This quote has spread like a virus, unchecked, through creationist literature (I haven't shown that here). Will Jim Loucks agree with Dr. Geisler and Wendell Bird that the quote is 'probably not authentic'? Or will he choose to continue the spreading of this virus?

Just some side unrelated advice, "Norman Geisler" should change his name because it sounds too much like one of the top ten dumbest Christians alive, "Chuck Missler."

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Loucks wrote: Nero

Loucks wrote:
Nero wrote:

Loucks wrote:

Yet people accuse me of trolling. How is this a useful contribution to the thread?

It is useful in this thread because you just got a spanking for the founder of the movement.  I am merely suggesting to my fellow RRS members that we ignore you so you'll go away. 

You've consistently been a douchebag across the forum.  Further, I think that your personum indicates signs that are often associated with someone worth ignoring.  You attack others on vacuous issues, such as spelling.  The tone of your speech is much like any person of inferior education and bearing who hopes to disguise those deficits.  Finally, you seem to be bellicose for no reason, which indicates that you are a juvenile. 

With all of that in mind, I am suggesting that you are ignored until you gather enough experience to know how to behave in public.  It is a cogent post for all of those reasons.

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: Nero

Sapient wrote:

Nero wrote:
Well said, Sapient. This fellow always has a sandy vagina. Should the Mods be short of time, I would be happy to collect the evidence of an air tight case against him.

Isn't it ironic that I told you one more kick ass expose, and you get a VIP badge?

Based on the irony alone, let's see what you got.

I actually have two leads, but I'm not sure which way to go...

A variant of his email address leads to this account.

Also there was a man named Loucks who was commented on at Talkorigins...

Quote:
from... From Dan Ford:

Recently there has been a claim (by Jim Loucks) that evolution writers misquote creationists much more often than the reverse. Jim of course has so far failed to substantiate that claim with any evidence, while in the mean time there have been several articles posted documenting creationist misquoting of evolutionary authors (for example the Eldredge and Gould case).

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/icr-whoppers.html

More on Jim Loucks: http://www.skepticfiles.org/evo2/darrow.htm

Quote:
This quote has spread like a virus, unchecked, through creationist literature (I haven't shown that here). Will Jim Loucks agree with Dr. Geisler and Wendell Bird that the quote is 'probably not authentic'? Or will he choose to continue the spreading of this virus?

Just some side unrelated advice, "Norman Geisler" should change his name because it sounds too much like one of the top ten dumbest Christians alive, "Chuck Missler."

Unfortunately, Brian, I will probably have to earn that badge another time.  There isn't much to this one.  He is a 17 year old kid, which is why I posted as I did above.  He's nowehere near the jihadist we had before.  He is just a kid with inferior education and manners.  I will continue to search and see if he hasn't been a hassle elsewhere.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Loucks wrote: I'm not

Loucks wrote:

I'm not trolling. I was slightly rude, but the same can be said for quite a few other users.

I believe the word troll perfectly describes your actions, however two mods have stepped up behind the scenes, cooled me down and have suggested a letter to you. Please heed whatever the mods say in the letter, as I don't like having people with your attitude around. We're here to work, not to indulge trolls.

Users can determine for themselves how trollish your posts have been:

From http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/sapient/atheist_vs_theist/10166

Quote:
new The "sickest" Bible verses?

The "sickest" Bible verses? Are you people serious, or is this a poor attempt at humor?

Regardless, would someone please explain the purpose of this exercise? I fail to see how this qualifies as rational response.

Quote:
Yes, I am serious. Yes, I am familiar with the Bible. I don't know where you got the idea that I "haven't read, or dont read all of the bible," but that simply isn't the case.

Perhaps you'd benefit from having a look at both the title of this subforum and the name of this website. "GUYS LOOK WUT TEH BIBLE SEZ LOL SO GROSS EW" is neither a rational response, nor does it qualify as "Atheist vs. Theist." That there are acts in the Bible which you find morally repugnant does not constitute a valid argument in favor of atheism.

Quote:

Hope no more: threads like this are pointless. This "exorsize" is absolutely without merit in terms of your stated intent.

Here's a slightly off-topic tip for you, Brian: Go get yourself a copy of Strunk & White and learn how to proofread. Your constant abuse of the English language makes your posts difficult to read.

Basically, after this, you got into a long battle over Brian37's lack of language skills. Please don't waste time debating someones usage of language around here, get under the surface of what they're saying.

From http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/the_rational_response_squad_radio_show/general_conversation_introductions_and_humor/10238

Quote:

"our generation, both young and old."

She's a complete idiot, but that was clearly a seizure. Don't worry, I think people with disabilities are hilarious too. Would anyone like a link to the video of the paraplegic trying to negotiate an escalator?

Quote:

I don't think you've been paying attention. Theism is considered a mental illness around here. Clearly all her problems are directly related to faith.

Her poor speaking and writing skills might qualify as exceptions, however.

From http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/sapient/atheist_vs_theist/8487?page=1

Quote:
MattShizzle wrote:

How exactly is the God of the Bible merciful when he created hell in the first place? As far as most sane people are concerned, eternal torture is excessive even for Hitler, let alone for everyone. Wouldn't true mercy involve forgiving unconditionally rather than "sacraficing himself to himself in order to save us from rules he created?"

This is a no bullshit zone by the way.

I wouldn't normally be this blunt, but this is a "no bullshit zone."

God is merciful in that he allows you to continue to post ancient "conundrums" without fear of divine reprisal.

On second thought, watch out for lightning.

From http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/the_rational_response_squad_radio_show/general_conversation_introductions_and_humor/8377

Quote:

Scientology doesn't even technically qualify as a "cult" in Germany. The German government, as I understand it, doesn't consider the organization a religion, but rather a for-profit business.

All that aside, I see no problem with Germany's refusal to allow access to their sites. I doubt very much that Germany guarantees access to Ministry sites to actors of any belief system. Those who react as if the Germans (or "Krauts." Try to spell your slurs correctly at the very least, Brian37.) are firing up the ovens are overreacting to a total non-issue.

You seem to be a prick who doesn't actually contribute much to any debate you enter, and you have a propensity for bashing people over spelling, grammar, and anything else that isn't especially relevant.  In this thread you were exposed for being a dipshit as you arrogantly tried to expose someone elses flaws, that you had completely miscalculated.

Drop the troll act.  Get to the heart of the matter.  You believe in God?  You can't defend it so you bring up grammar?  You attempt to waste our time by making us engage in worthless battles over grammar?  You tell us, what's your deal and who are you?

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
rational_terp wrote: Here

rational_terp wrote:

Very cool!  I was going to volunteer my services, but I see they are not needed.  I'll just ride off into the sunset. Smiling 

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
ThaiBoxerShorts

ThaiBoxerShorts wrote:

Perhaps I've failed at explaining exactly what it is I'm asking for help with, because it's totally a matter of graphical know-how, which I freely admit I'm inept at. The process of cutting my face out of the picture and slapping it onto an RRS badge background? Yeah, I can't do that, because I suck that much at working with graphics. Hence asking for help. My basic computing skills are otherwise just fine.

Believe me, you are wanted here.  You just had the misfortune to run into an Internet douchebag.  Unfortunately, they are quite common.  The anonymity of the Internets™  allows some people to act the way they would act all the time, if they could get away with it; therefore, you see a lot of complete wankers on Internet forums. 

I've participated on forums for many years and even though the advice "just ignore them" is good advice, the ubiquitousness of Internet douchebags still makes me cringe.   If you can manage to overlook the cowardly little twats who hide behind a computer screen, it can be a worthwhile experience.

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Perhaps I've failed

Quote:

Perhaps I've failed at explaining exactly what it is I'm asking for help with, because it's totally a matter of graphical know-how, which I freely admit I'm inept at. The process of cutting my face out of the picture and slapping it onto an RRS badge background?  Yeah, I can't do that, because I suck that much at working with graphics.  Hence asking for help.  My basic computing skills are otherwise just fine.

Ah, fuck it.  If people here are so quick to be condescending twats, I'm probably better off contributing to the community in ways that don't involve posting on the forums.

Hopefully, you've seen how quickly we jumped in to remove either A) The sand from Loucks' vagina, or B) Loucks from the forums.  I can assure you that if Loucks posts again, it will either be nice, or it will be his last post.  He is not a representative of RRS.  He's just somebody who signed up for an account.

Please don't judge us by his posts.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

ThaiBoxerShorts
User is offlineOffline
Thanks everyone.  Yeah, I

Thanks everyone.  Yeah, I was probably harsher than I needed to be in my reply, but I'm required to deal with enough twats in my day-to-day life that I have very little tolerance for twattish behavior I'm not required to deal with.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who offered assistance, but I think I've decided on something else entirely.  As much as I love my "Smile, you're on Dork TV" pic (it's my favorite picture of myself), I've decided to go with a boxing-themed avatar to match the boxing-themed username.

And surprise surprise, I made it myself, and it actually turned out pretty good.  Maybe I'm not as graphically inept as I thought:

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote:   Drop the

Sapient wrote:

Drop the troll act. Get to the heart of the matter. You believe in God? You can't defend it so you bring up grammar? You attempt to waste our time by making us engage in worthless battles over grammar? You tell us, what's your deal and who are you?

I have never seen a post that would imply that Loucks was a Theist.

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
Sapient wrote:

Drop the troll act. Get to the heart of the matter. You believe in God? You can't defend it so you bring up grammar? You attempt to waste our time by making us engage in worthless battles over grammar? You tell us, what's your deal and who are you?

Well he/she/it is either an atheist asshole or a theist asshole.  Sapient has a 50% chance of being right. *shrug* Smiling 

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: I have never seen a

Quote:

The mod team is not in the business of posting all of our inside information.  We have some very good internet sleuths, and we're very good at finding out lots of things that the posters might not think is out there for the public to see.

Unlike a few members, the mod team is not prone to pulling theories out of its collective ass and then asserting them to be true simply because they're possible.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:

The mod team is not in the business of posting all of our inside information. We have some very good internet sleuths, and we're very good at finding out lots of things that the posters might not think is out there for the public to see.

Unlike a few members, the mod team is not prone to pulling theories out of its collective ass and then asserting them to be true simply because they're possible.

My point was be careful. I googled my name and found accounts named 'Cpt_pineapple' that didn't belong to me. 

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:

The mod team is not in the business of posting all of our inside information. We have some very good internet sleuths, and we're very good at finding out lots of things that the posters might not think is out there for the public to see.

My point was be careful. I googled my name and found accounts named 'Cpt_pineapple' that didn't belong to me.

While we're on the topic Pineapple, I think you'd be interested to learn that within the last 30 days google analytics on our website tells us that the terms "pineapple science rationalresponders" has been googled 468 times and clicked.  It is the 4th highest google search that returns visits to the site.  Is that you googling yourself all the time, or just a coincidence, or something else do you think?

Keyword VisitsPages/VisitAvg. Time on Site% New VisitsBounce Rate
1. rational response squad 4,135 5.57 00:09:14 40.92% 35.45%
2. rational response 2,208 5.21 00:08:17 39.18% 33.61%
3. rational responders 900 6.10 00:09:40 32.44% 29.44%
4. pineapple science rationalresponders 468 24.04 00:14:24 0.00% 0.21%

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Sapient wrote: While we're

Sapient wrote:

While we're on the topic Pineapple, I think you'd be interested to learn that within the last 30 days google analytics on our website tells us that the terms "pineapple science rationalresponders" has been googled 468 times and clicked. It is the 4th highest google search that returns visits to the site. Is that you googling yourself all the time, or just a coincidence, or something else do you think?

I googled 'pineapple rational responders' a couple times for fun, (to see any gossip about me >_>.) but NOT 468 times.

Sapient
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple

Cpt_pineapple wrote:
Sapient wrote:

While we're on the topic Pineapple, I think you'd be interested to learn that within the last 30 days google analytics on our website tells us that the terms "pineapple science rationalresponders" has been googled 468 times and clicked. It is the 4th highest google search that returns visits to the site. Is that you googling yourself all the time, or just a coincidence, or something else do you think?

I googled 'pineapple rational responders' a couple times for fun, (to see any gossip about me >_>.) but NOT 468 times.

I think google counts things wrong, but the above stat is certainly interesting. I think maybe what happens is, you google your name and then upon return to the site it counts you as having searched the term again by accident upon each visit.  (or something along those lines)