Experimenting with quote function, using fucktard Hovind

ctressle
User is offlineOffline
Experimenting with quote function, using fucktard Hovind

Anyone may put in here whatever they want, but I'll be experimenting with the quote function just to figure out how to get those gray boxes with quotes, and how to select only certain sentences. This is the only forum I figured this should go. I'll be typing some random shit, and throwing evolution in there... however, I'm no expert at biology, so some of what I type below may not fully reflect anything the theory of evolution says about life. Hopefully people will find it funny however, and correct me if I do get anything wrong!

The Hovinds and their associates are a clade of fucktards that, if their descendents don't get their shit straightened out, may find themselves in isolation away from other humans.

This could cause a speciation event if left to the current path, in thousands of years. If this clade is left un-rehabilitated, say by the likes of the rational response squad, the law, or other rational people, this isolation will remain in place by the fueling of what has already been a speciation of memepools.

As often goes throughout the history of life, feedback loops often foster speciation. Once geologic isolation, or isolation of other various nature, is in place, then behavourial differences may grow, causing two supspecies to not swap genes, even if they are still genetically compatible after many years (hundreds, thousands, etc...). This process feeds itself, creating more genetic differences between/among the said subspecies, until they are simply no longer of the same species. Of course, this process is still gradual; I'm not claiming that there is some fine line where one day, speciation has suddenly occured.

Now, if we apply this model to the Hovind family and their ilk, we may find another species of bipeds among our planet who, though not very intellegent, still posess language and complex social skills. They may be called, tens or hundreds of thousands of years from now, Homo Home Hovind Sapiens, or simply, fucktards.

ctressle
User is offlineOffline
ctressle wrote: Anyone may

ctressle wrote:

Anyone may put in here whatever they want, but I'll be experimenting with the quote function just to figure out how to get those gray boxes with quotes, and how to select only certain sentences. This is the only forum I figured this should go. I'll be typing some random shit, and throwing evolution in there... however, I'm no expert at biology, so some of what I type below may not fully reflect anything the theory of evolution says about life. Hopefully people will find it funny however, and correct me if I do get anything wrong!

The Hovinds and their associates are a clade of fucktards that, if their descendents don't get their shit straightened out, may find themselves in isolation away from other humans.

This could cause a speciation event if left to the current path, in thousands of years. If this clade is left un-rehabilitated, say by the likes of the rational response squad, the law, or other rational people, this isolation will remain in place by the fueling of what has already been a speciation of memepools.

As often goes throughout the history of life, feedback loops often foster speciation. Once geologic isolation, or isolation of other various nature, is in place, then behavourial differences may grow, causing two supspecies to not swap genes, even if they are still genetically compatible after many years (hundreds, thousands, etc...). This process feeds itself, creating more genetic differences between/among the said subspecies, until they are simply no longer of the same species. Of course, this process is still gradual; I'm not claiming that there is some fine line where one day, speciation has suddenly occured.

Now, if we apply this model to the Hovind family and their ilk, we may find another species of bipeds among our planet who, though not very intellegent, still posess language and complex social skills. They may be called, tens or hundreds of thousands of years from now, Homo Home Hovind Sapiens, or simply, fucktards.

Also, when/if I find it, I will also read up on Susan's tutorial on quoting (I think she did the tutorial?).

Ok, I'll quote the whole damned thing, as a starter. Also, what's with the spacebar funcion? Everytime I space, and I don't type fast enough, the space gets repeated; and when I hit backspace to fix a mistake of mine, sometimes it goes back too far?!

ctressle
User is offlineOffline
ctressle wrote: The

ctressle wrote:

So this is a "snippet"? Yea, I know; I'm slow. 

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
guy playing with the quote

guy playing with the quote function wrote:

You can have fun with it too... 

"Hitler burned people like Anne Frank, for that we call him evil.
"God" burns Anne Frank eternally. For that, theists call him 'good.'

ctressle
User is offlineOffline
todangst wrote: guy

todangst wrote:
guy playing with the quote function wrote:

You can have fun with it too...

Lol, yea I see the "quote=..." can be changed. Plus, I'm guessing the brackets do basic functionality in these posts? (which is why I didn't quote the brackets, just in case) I suppose only followed by commands.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
ctressle wrote: Also,

ctressle wrote:

Also, when/if I find it, I will also read up on Susan's tutorial on quoting (I think she did the tutorial?).

Quote Function Tutorial.   Enjoy!

ctressle wrote:
Also, what's with the spacebar funcion? Everytime I space, and I don't type fast enough, the space gets repeated; and when I hit backspace to fix a mistake of mine, sometimes it goes back too far?!

I'm not at all sure what this problem is.  If I type a couple of words and then hit the spacebar and then wait....     the cursor just sits there waiting for the next input.

Is it possible you're actually holding the keys down a teensy bit too long?  Try typing with one or two fingers, just gently tap the keys instead of actually typing.  Does it still happen?  (I tend to get a little heavy-fingered when in "rant mode" and have to backspace frequently.  Smiling )

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

ctressle
User is offlineOffline
Ah, yes there it is, thanks!

Ah, yes there it is, thanks! Got any tut's on html editing, though?

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
ctressle wrote: Ah, yes

ctressle wrote:
Ah, yes there it is, thanks! Got any tut's on html editing, though?

There are few threads regarding how to use this website and it's functions:

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

And

Compose Tips