Religion free rehab programs, needed ASAP

aminoacid
User is offlineOffline
Religion free rehab programs, needed ASAP

Hello again, I'm looking for any Religion free rehab programs for drug and alcohol abuse for a relative of mine. He is a fellow Athiest and Skeptic and doesn't want to go to a rehab program that uses praying or anything like that.

If there is no alternative then I believe he will settle for the typical rehab program that uses religion, but we are REALLY looking for something that doesn't involve that.

We live in Michigan, so it would be nice if it was around here, but if not then that is fine to.

Thanks for any help guys and gals, I REALLY appreciate it!

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hellfiend is in Michigan. 

Hellfiend is in Michigan.  Maybe he'd know of something?

http://www.rationalresponders.com/user/hellfiend666

There's his contact page.  I'd try sending him a PM.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

SassyDevil
SassyDevil's picture
User is offlineOffline
Narcotics Anonymous claims

Narcotics Anonymous claims it's non-religious.

If you don't mind one based on Scientology (I don't know how much of the religion is involved), but Narconon says it's non-religious and based on natural stuff.  See Narconon Stone Hawk Addiction Treatment Center.

There are others in other states, of course, but these are located in Michigan. 

RationalSchema
RationalSchema's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is a tough one.

This is a tough one. Although the majority of rehabs will have AA/NA at the rehab, they may not force the indivdiual. In other words, your best shot is finding a so-called moderate program that has AA/NA, but will let him choose his own approach to tx.

I would recommend that he seek outpatient counseling first. Especially from a Psychologist, who will have multiple approaches to helping him. Rehabs have not shown to be particularly effective in treating substance use problems.

"Those who think they know don't know. Those that know they don't know, know."