User is offlineOffline
Thirteen Commandmends For Reasonable People

Meaning of Life

My Wisdom

13 Commandments for Reasonable People

Millennium Resolution 1999/2000

Last revision: 2007

1. Hope I shall believe: “Tomorrow will be better than today.”

2. Truth Through a. .always search, test and advocate truths by rational and objective means and apply symmetrical (fair) test with all of my thoughts.

Justice b. .apply the filter of justice/fairness to extract the truth.

c. .utilize Qualified, 3rd Party, Double Blind Test and Successive Approximation Methods whenever warranted.

d. apply In Mind (Brain Washing Compartmentalized VS. Understanding -Connected), In Tongue (Talk) and In Hand (Action) Principle.

Formula: Action (in hand) OR Talk (in tongue) = Truth, as we know it / (our Weaknesses * [some constant factor].)

e. Not only the words that are used but the coherency, consistency and holistic nature of a message/truth that gives it the strengthf. Natural selection gave us selfishness

and altruism, use both of them wisely.

g. Incessantly drive for excellence and spirituality (self-actualization-Truths)

h. Among Material, Psychological and Spiritual Rewards, I shall strive for SR the most but will enjoy the world (MR- id and PR ego/super ego)

fully by Living, Loving and Learning (pursuit of happiness). Due to interdependency of MR, PR and SR balancing act is required.

3. Love .selflessly (figuratively) care for selected few. I shall fall in love with the Truth, SS (Spiritual Sense). I shall be passionate about truth.

4. Faith .have confidence on my knowledge, ability and trust selected few wisely.

5. Health .strive to eat balanced food, actively participate in sports and exercise regularly.

6. Character .keep my words, respect others, and refrain from lying, stealing or hurting others’ feelings. I shall strive to be fair.

7. Knowledge .excel in school, university and hone my communication skill by differentiating between dictionary and logical definitions of words for processing

thoughts; not lose the sight of the fact that my observation will alter the reality-OCR (Observer Created Reality), therefore, balancing is paramount.

8. Wealth and Power .acquire money and power by moral and legal means, by working hard, long and smart for the purpose of doing greater good.

9. Discipline .manage my time wisely, postpone gratification for a better one whenever it is feasible and control emotion.

10. Friends & Family .have many wise, fair-minded, powerful friends and strong tie with my family.

11. Compassion .improve my sense of empathy, help unfortunate ones wisely without blurring the precedence of justice over compassion.

12. Realist .believe society and nature are not always fair. I shall learn to live with imperfect self. There is No Free Will

13. Skepticism Due to uncertainty of my knowledge I shall revise all of the above commandments whenever necessary. I could be wrong.

We, Tim , Jill , Alpha & Beta Ferrer shall always strive for all of the above and forgive ourselves when we fail to do so. Signature: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Date: © Tim Ferrer- January 1, 2000- 2007

(mod edit - fixed formatting)

Timf1234
User is offlineOffline
Sorry, folks, I tried to

Sorry, folks, I tried to change color, make font size bigger, reformat, nothing worked.

You can cut and paste, change font size or color.

Timf1234
User is offlineOffline
 Meaning of LifeMy

Error

Timf1234
User is offlineOffline
Meaning of Life My

Meaning of Life

My Wisdom

13 Commandments for Reasonable People

Millennium Resolution 1999/2000

Last revision: 2007 

1. Hope                          I shall believe: “Tomorrow will be better than today.” 

2. Truth Through Justice           a. .always search, test and advocate truths by rational and objective means and apply symmetrical (fair) test

with all of my thoughts.

b. .apply the filter of justice/fairness to extract the truth.

c. .utilize Qualified, 3rd Party, Double Blind Test and Successive Approximation Methods whenever warranted.

d. .apply In Mind (Brain Washing Compartmentalized VS. Understanding -Connected), In Tongue and In Hand (Action) Principle.    

Formula: Action (in hand) OR Talk (in tongue) = Truth, as we know it / (our Weaknesses * [some constant factor].)

e. Not only the words that are used but the coherency, consistency and holistic nature of a message/truth that gives it the strength

f. Natural selection gave us selfishness and altruism, use both of them wisely.

g. Incessantly drive for excellence and spirituality (self-actualization-Truths)

h. Among Material, Psychological and Spiritual Rewards, I shall strive for SR the most but will enjoy the world (MR- id and PR ego/super ego)     fully by Living, Loving and Learning (pursuit of happiness). Due to interdependency of MR, PR and SR balancing act is required. 

3. Love                          .selflessly (figuratively) care for selected few. I shall fall in love with the Truth, SS (Spiritual Sense). I shall be passionate about truth. 

4. Faith                          .have confidence on my knowledge, ability and trust selected few wisely.                                                                                                                 

5. Health              .strive to eat balanced food, actively participate in sports and exercise regularly. 

6. Character                  .keep my words, respect others, and refrain from lying, stealing or hurting others’ feelings. I shall strive to be fair.    

7. Knowledge                    .excel in school, university and hone my communication skill by differentiating between dictionary and logical definitions of words for processing                                            thoughts; not lose the sight of the fact that my observation will alter the reality-OCR (Observer Created Reality), therefore, balancing is paramount. 

8. Wealth and Power    .acquire money and power by moral and legal means, by working hard, long and smart for the purpose of doing greater good. 

9. Discipline                   .manage my time wisely, postpone gratification for a better one whenever it is feasible and control emotion. 

10. Friends & Family   .have many wise, fair-minded, powerful friends and strong tie with my family.     

11. Compassion                 .improve my sense of empathy, help unfortunate ones wisely without blurring the precedence of justice over compassion.  

12. Realist            .believe society and nature are not always fair. I shall learn to live with imperfect self. There is No Free Will 

13. Skepticism               Due to uncertainty of my knowledge I shall revise all of the above commandments whenever necessary. I could be wrong. 

We, Tim , Jill , Alpha & Beta Ferrer shall always strive for all of the above and forgive ourselves when we fail to do so. 

Signature:             . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Date:                                    

© Tim Ferrer- January 1, 2000- 2007

vexed
vexed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nice condescending title

Nice condescending title btw.

But I'm going to have to suggest, after reviewing your list, that you refer to your own rule 13. Some of your claims are from your other posts where you still haven't proved them.

Just a quick nitpick:

Hope = wishful thinking = unreasonable

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."--Stephen F. Roberts

Timf1234
User is offlineOffline
vexed wrote:Nice

vexed wrote:

Nice condescending title btw.

But I'm going to have to suggest, after reviewing your list, that you refer to your own rule 13. Some of your claims are from your other posts where you still haven't proved them.

Just a quick nitpick:

Hope = wishful thinking = unreasonable

Hope could be pretty close to wishful thinking

You will know human mind needs some reality and some wishful thinking to live, thrive, and evolve.

Read and ponder "Stumbling on Happyness"

http://www.randomhouse.com/kvpa/gilbert/

vexed
vexed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Timf1234 wrote: [You will

Timf1234 wrote:
[You will know human mind needs some reality and some wishful thinking to live, thrive, and evolve.

I'm not arguing that hope doesn't happen, cause we all have hopes from time to time. However, hope is still an unreasonable thought process. And therefore should probably be removed as a desired attribute of your personal list of reasonable people.

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."--Stephen F. Roberts

Timf1234
User is offlineOffline
Hope is also genetically

Hope is also genetically embeded in our gene. Natural selection did it.

No wonder we all enjoy day dreaming to a certain extent.

It ia a matter of balancing act between day dreaming and being 100% ralistic.

Notice, hope is on # 1 in my list. This is ingrend in our psyche that keeps us striving in difficult time. Required natural selection for the survival of species. I agree, that too much stupid hope could be deterimental. Too much of anything could be bad.

Thinking from your angle, "Not stealing someone else's money when I am reasonably sure I will not be cuaght" is undesirable and stupid attribute as well.

But due to altruism is embeded in our gene by the natural selection , most of us feel guilty by stealing and therefore, it is, what it is.

Plase try to read "Stumbling on Happyness" if you can. Used copies sell for 6 or 7 dollars. This book more than about happyness. This book deals with all kind of psychology of human mind. Text is very easy to understand. http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature/2007/03/stumbling_on_happiness.html

Notice only 3 things in my 13 commandmends are from Bible, Hope, Faith and Love. Notice, i have redefined (logically), Love and Faith in my 13 commandmends and left Hope defintion unchanged. Notice, money is also in my list.

Most importantly:

Anyone can list out 10, 13, or 17 commandmends of their own. the most important thing is can we logically connects al the dots in our mind or not. That makes all the difference between a coherent, networked, understood mind and a brainwashed mind.

WizardJim
WizardJim's picture
User is offlineOffline
My revised list; Don't be

My revised list;

1. Don't be a dick.
  2. Except to people who are a dick to you.

Yeah, that just about does it.

Your book. Your god. Your rules. Your hell.

You burn in it!

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Timf1234 wrote:

Timf1234 wrote:

That makes all the difference between a coherent, networked, understood mind and a brainwashed mind.

You know what evidence of a brain washed mind is to me? It someone who repeats the same statement over and over as if they were programmed to spit out phrases at the end of every statement.

The quote above illustrates you are the one that is probably brainwashed.

(edit for clarity) 

vexed
vexed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Timf1234 wrote: Notice,

Timf1234 wrote:

Notice, hope is on # 1 in my list. This is ingrend in our psyche that keeps us striving in difficult time.

Actually it's more the 'will to survive' or self-preservation, hope is self pitty and helplessness. People who believe in UFO's have hope. So if you start with something irrational and then link other 'ideas' to it, the whole thing becomes irrational - false premise. In my eyes, you're the one with the flawed logic, but somehow you've convinced yourself of your own brilliance.

Note: Bold letters don't make your point better, it merely shows your frustration that some of us don't agree with you.

Good Day Sir

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Timf1234 wrote: Sorry,

Timf1234 wrote:

Sorry, folks, I tried to change color, make font size bigger, reformat, nothing worked.

You can cut and paste, change font size or color.

FYI, the first post (which I think the mods may have corrected) is MUCH easier to read. I understand the urge to give posts a bit of flare but it really just makes it harder to read.  

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Timf1234 wrote: 4. Faith

Timf1234 wrote:
4. Faith .have confidence on my knowledge, ability and trust selected few wisely.

I think this one is odd. Not that a person should not have confidence in themselves as that will often lead to mistakes which lead to improvement, but one could easily use this to be staunch and hard headed. Thus, blotting out the possibility of growth but through blundering.  

Quote:
6. Character .keep my words, respect others, and refrain from lying, stealing or hurting others’ feelings. I shall strive to be fair.

So that I am clear, is this a list of commandments that you intend on applying to yourself or is this just another exercise in rambling self-proclaimed brilliance? 

Timf1234
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote:Timf1234

BGH wrote:
Timf1234 wrote:

That makes all the difference between a coherent, networked, understood mind and a brainwashed mind.

You know what evidence of a brain washed mind is to me? It someone who repeats the same statement over and over as if they were programmed to spit out phrases at the end of every statement.

The quote above illustrates you are the one that is probably brainwashed.

(edit for clarity) 

BGH,

False,

Repeatation show the weight of it, how often it is used. How much importance one place on certain thing.

There is only one logical definition of Brain Washed data in mind. That is, disconnected, isolated, compartmentalized data.

Repeatation has to do with iteration. A for loop runs many time in a software. If that for loop is disconnected from other logics then it is brainwashed otherwise not.

Noone is 100% brain washed or 100% networked. But facts reamins what I stated.

Now, the psychoanalysis of your statement ove the internet.

Your above statement is an emotional statement, knee jer reaction.

Your ego circuit kicked in that short circuited your logic circuit.

Please focus on the logic.

If you can do one think then do this.

Love the truth regardless of if it proves you small or big. You will see the magic.

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Timf1234 wrote:

Timf1234 wrote:

BGH,

Yes? 

Timf1234 wrote:
False,

Ummmm, True?

Timf1234 wrote:
Repeatation show the weight of it, how often it is used.

No, sadly it shows the use of a dogmatic mantra, that is all it shows.

Timf1234 wrote:
There is only one logical definition of Brain Washed data in mind. That is, disconnected, isolated, compartmentalized data.

brainwash

v. make (someone) adopt radically different beliefs by using systematic and often forcible pressure: the organization could brainwash young people.

Your definition is lacking.

Timf1234 wrote:
Repeatation has to do with iteration. A for loop runs many time in a software. If that for loop is disconnected from other logics then it is brainwashed otherwise not.

So you are likening your tactics to software, which is PROGRAMMED. Program an individual to repeat an activity, such as recite the same phrase over and over (as you have), and you have effectively brainwashed them. 

It seems you may be slightly brainwashed and in the process of trying to brain wash others. 

Timf1234 wrote:
Now, the psychoanalysis of your statement ove the internet.

internets 

Timf1234 wrote:
Your above statement is an emotional statement, knee jer reaction.

Not really, no emotion what so ever, rather it was an observation. 

Timf1234 wrote:
Your ego circuit kicked in that short circuited your logic circuit.

You seem to need your ego circuit rewired. 

Timf1234 wrote:
Please focus on the logic.

I would if you presented some. Your logic is, "you have different opinion, you a stupid atheist. I am smart atheist". Nice logic....

Timf1234 wrote:
If you can do one think then do this.

Huh? 

Timf1234 wrote:
Love the truth regardless of if it proves you small or big. You will see the magic.

I do love the truth no matter how it makes me feel, but I don't think 'magic' was a good word choice on your part. Magic is just illusion and slight of hand. I do not base truth on magic or illusions. Thanks for the offer, LOL.

Timf1234
User is offlineOffline
marcusfish wrote: Timf1234

marcusfish wrote:

Timf1234 wrote:

I think this one is odd. Not that a person should not have confidence in themselves as that will often lead to mistakes which lead to improvement, but one could easily use this to be staunch and hard headed. Thus, blotting out the possibility of growth but through blundering.  

Quote:

So that I am clear, is this a list of commandments that you intend on applying to yourself or is this just another exercise in rambling self-proclaimed brilliance? 

marcusfish,

As long as you have even shred of anger, hate, or an objective to prove me wrong, to knock me down, or to humble me in deep psyche of yours, you will not be able to see or debate me over my 13 commandments and its implications.

if your true objective is to sort out the truth and falsehood in those commandments then it will work.

Look marcusfish, I am no perfect. No one is. We all know that.  I have all the negative and positive aspect of any human being have. This is not about me. It is about the truth. With some effort we (including me) can understand that due to our weakness - reluctance to give up age long faiths we delusion ourselves.This ego centric, brain's natural defense mechanism of not being able to see or accepting our fault, was necessary to be implanted for our survival hundreds of years ago. Unfortunately some time we use this trait in wrong place and wrong time. That is where it create problem.

The trick to get around it is to isolate 3 things,

1) in mind (understanding) - networked mind. Things can be in mind in two ways - a) brain washed b) understood.

2) in tongue (spoken) -- if you know the truth speak about it without asking who is for it or against it.

3) In hand - Action -- without action you won't see the result.

When in mind, in tongue and in hand are in synch then we are happy and when they are not we are unhappy.

Obviously, no one is perfect therefore, even after understanding or being brainwashed about something we might not be able to translate those in hand (action). Hence the pain. To get rid of this unhappiness our brain natural defense mechanism delude ourselves from the truth, rejects it and get a different one that could be and/or is more in synch with our action. As a result we are a little bit happier.

However, if we accept our imperfection, weaknesses and do not bothered by knowing that "my understanding and seying matches but action doesn't matches" then pipeline of truth works like miracle. And we then can get the happyness without compromising the truth. That's why I talk more about what is in mind and tongue than what is in hand (action). Otherwise, it will be even more difficult for me to show people the truth. 

Now coming back to your question of FAITH.

Faith is not based on reason. However, in certain situation, under certain circumstances, Faith if based upon "not entirely unproved thing but at least somewhat proven things" then it works. Faith probably is not the perfect word here. That is why I explained it with the word "Confidence.". The closest word I could think of Faith without conveying the wrong message is "Confidence". If you can give me a better word. I will take.  

Figure skaters, or snow skiers. who so graciously shows away their art and skill has tremendous confidence (Faith) on their abilities. Some might call this Faith. Without this Faith/confidence they won't be able to perform such feats. yes, some time, they over estimate their abilities and falls. Let it be. But some succeeds too. Some breaks the world records.

That is when the statistic of laws of large number comes in and natural selections does it job. Faith, confidence, hope, passion are closely connected. Evolution, natural selection required hope, faith, confidence, and passion. 

Did you know that intellect won't survive a day without passion?

I say, ignite your intellect with the power of passion. 

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Timf1234 wrote:

Timf1234 wrote:
As long as you have even shred of anger, hate, or an objective to prove me wrong, to knock me down, or to humble me in deep psyche of yours, you will not be able to see or debate me over my 13 commandments and its implications.

That's pretty neat, you were correcting me for attempting to humble you while using sarcasm about my deep psyche to try and humble me. You were being funny I take it?

Quote:
This ego centric, brain's natural defense mechanism of not being able to see or accepting our fault, was necessary to be implanted for our survival hundreds of years ago. Unfortunately some time we use this trait in wrong place and wrong time. That is where it create problem.

I agree.

Quote:
1) in mind (understanding) - networked mind. Things can be in mind in two ways - a) brain washed b) understood.

2) in tongue (spoken) -- if you know the truth speak about it without asking who is for it or against it.

3) In hand - Action -- without action you won't see the result.

When in mind, in tongue and in hand are in synch then we are happy and when they are not we are unhappy.

I have no idea what you are saying but then, I am not a true atheist.

Quote:
Faith probably is not the perfect word here. That is why I explained it with the word "Confidence.". The closest word I could think of Faith without conveying the wrong message is "Confidence". If you can give me a better word. I will take.

I didn't misunderstand your use of the word. I get that you're using faith as being similar to confidence. All I was saying is what you basically summed up below:

Quote:
Figure skaters, or snow skiers. who so graciously shows away their art and skill has tremendous confidence (Faith) on their abilities. Some might call this Faith. Without this Faith/confidence they won't be able to perform such feats. yes, some time, they over estimate their abilities and falls. Let it be. But some succeeds too. Some breaks the world records.

That is when the statistic of laws of large number comes in and natural selections does it job. Faith, confidence, hope, passion are closely connected. Evolution, natural selection required hope, faith, confidence, and passion.

Which is very close to my point in the first place.

Quote:
Did you know that intellect won't survive a day without passion?

I say, ignite your intellect with the power of passion.

Jeebus Rubs You

::I can't figure out what I screwed up on the quote function but it looks funky...sorry for any confusion::

(mod edit - fixed quote tags) 

Timf1234
User is offlineOffline
marcusfish wrote:Timf1234

marcusfish wrote:

All I was saying is what you basically summed up below:

Timf1234 wrote:

Quote:
Figure skaters, or snow skiers. who so graciously shows away their art and skill has tremendous confidence (Faith) on their abilities. Some might call this Faith. Without this Faith/confidence they won't be able to perform such feats. yes, some time, they over estimate their abilities and falls. Let it be. But some succeeds too. Some breaks the world records.

That is when the statistic of laws of large number comes in and natural selections does it job. Faith, confidence, hope, passion are closely connected. Evolution, natural selection required hope, faith, confidence, and passion.

Ok, we are not too far apart then.