Video of Hemant Mehta (Ebay Atheist) dialog at most influential Christian church in the U.S.

Tomcat
User is offlineOffline
Video of Hemant Mehta (Ebay Atheist) dialog at most influential Christian church in the U.S.

Quote:
Last night, I was invited by Pastor Randy Frazee to speak with him at Willow Creek Community Church. I had a great time and was treated really well by everyone there. It was even more fun to hear Willow Creekers (?) tell me stories about their own atheist/Christian interactions during the book signing afterward.

If you didn’t get a chance to come, you can now watch the service online.

Just go here and you’ll find the video in the middle of the page (the date was 7/25/07). I don’t appear until the 10:25 mark, but it’s well worth hearing Randy tell the backstory first.

This was absolutely awesome. This goes to show you EXACTLY what kind of an impact the "softer" form of atheism can have. I might bump this thread later with my thoughts, but I'd love to hear yours.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
I couldn't get it to load

I couldn't get it to load even though I have Windows Media Player.

Tomcat
User is offlineOffline
Susan, I just tried to load

Susan, I just tried to load it again and it worked just fine for me.  *shrugs*

lucidfox13
lucidfox13's picture
User is offlineOffline
I listened to some of it. 

I listened to some of it.  I find it funny that he's referred to as the "friendly" atheist.  I remember the part where he talks about doing great things for people, like community service and stuff for people through the churches.  If you take out the religion, you just have people helping people.  Why add the mindless religion?

JESUS SAVES!!! .... and takes only half damage!