Debate with VenomFangX

vexed
vexed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Debate with VenomFangX

I've been debating this guy who calls himself VenomFangX on YouTube via their messaging system. Just wanna know if you guys any solid answers for this person, since he keeps changing the topic of debate. Here are his messages to me:

VenomFangX wrote:
Before I give you the long explaination, I just wanted to tell you that there is a man named Dr. Kent Hovind, otherwise known as Dr. Dino, whose entire ministry is about how dinosaurs fit into the 6000 year old Earth that The Bible presents. His findings and theories are pretty amazing, and they are based upon what The Bible says about dinosaurs and the age of the Earth. Yes, The Bible mentions dinosaurs!

Basically, yes I believe the Earth is about 6000 years old, and I believe most of the dinosaurs went extinct about 4400 years ago during the great flood that covered the world, according to the story of Noah's Ark. That is why you find so many dinosaurs fossilized, it is because they were burried under the mud during the flood, and actually that is the only way to fossilize a creature; to bury it.

Another thing to note, The Bible talks about a 7th layer of the atmosphere, which turned the Earth into something like a hyperbaric oxygen chamber. This doubled the air pressure on the entire glove, oxydizing the entire planet. When you grow a plant under such conditions, with double the air pressure and double the oxygen, the plant will grow many times faster, many times larger, and live many times longer. Reptiles never stop growing, so a reptile that lives in a hyperbaric oxygen condition would live extremely long, and grow extremely big; this would be a dinosaur. Have you ever wondered why we are finding enourmous versions of every animal known to man in the fossil record? It is because the old Earth was how The Bible described, and the 7th layer of the atmosphere which made such conditions, fell to the Earth as rain 4400 years ago, flooding the entire planet. Some of the insects we are discovering are many feet long; imagine a 6 foot long centipede or a 3 foot spider!

If you brought all the mountains down to sea level, and all the depths of the seas up to sea level, the entire planet would be covered with miles worth of water. This is exactly what happened 4400 years ago. If you want to learn more, and how to prove everything I have just said, please visit this website. This stuff is shocking and can change your life.

He sent me this after I left a rather small comment about one of his videos where he says "From slime to worms to monkeys to humans, I don't think so" was the just of it.

His 2nd message to me:

VenomFangX wrote:
Just so you know, you're not the first person to consider 'Creationism' as real. When considering how old the Earth is what method are you using? -you

The method is called 'limiting factors'. Example; if you find a sunken boat with a coin collection, and you find a coin that says '1945', you should be able to conclude that the ship sink after 1945, correct?

Likewise, there are limiting factors that reduce the age of the earth dramatically. If you would like 14 hours worth of proof, watch this video series.

His last message:

VenomFangX wrote:
Limiting Factors is why the Lochness monster is extremely unlikely. -you

The Lochness monster is reportedly rather small; it's its shape that is the amazing part. It is clearly a dinosaur.

Scientists have dated fossils back millions of years with numerous methods to ensure that their data was accurate. -you

Yet all the methods of carbon dating are based on the same faulty formula. If you want, I can disprove carbon dating for you.

Are you an evangelical xtian, or just a xtian? -you

I evangelize, if that's what you are asking.

Where you home schooled, and if so were you taught about evolution or creationism? -you

I was taught about evolution in school, and found it to be false upon my own research.

Do you believe creationism should be taught in science classes? -you

Only if they want to be accurate.

Do you believe that people can not be moral unless they adhere to the xtian doctrine? -you

Everyone has a conscious given by God; however we are all law breakers, and unless you repent and put your faith in Christ, you will go to Hell for sinning against God. Do you believe you are a good person? Have you ever murdered anyone? If you have, even once, that makes you a murderer. Have you ever told a lie? That makes you a liar. Have you ever stolen anything? That makes you a theif.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Vexed

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."--Stephen F. Roberts

Magus
High Level DonorModerator
Magus's picture
User is offlineOffline
  I would tell him to

I would tell him to research his enemy "Evolution". I mean through research, tell him to go to a college that isn't christian based, so that he can be certain that his idea of evolution is actually evolution.  If he is against that then tell him it could be useful to help his points.

Sounds made up...
Agnostic Atheist
No, I am not angry at your imaginary friends or enemies.

Roisin Dubh
Roisin Dubh's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm no expert, and

I'm no expert, and Deludedgod or someone more knowledgable will have a field day with this, here's some obvious refutations:

VenomFangX wrote:
Before I give you the long explaination, I just wanted to tell you that there is a man named Dr. Kent Hovind, otherwise known as Dr. Dino, whose entire ministry is about how dinosaurs fit into the 6000 year old Earth that The Bible presents.

This guy is a joke (a tax-evading joke at that) whose theories are not considered sound by the scientific community.

Quote:
Yes, The Bible mentions dinosaurs!

Please, he's claiming that "great beasts" or whatever = dinosaurs. You could claim "great beasts refer to any one of hundreds of different animals. Weak.

Quote:
Basically, yes I believe the Earth is about 6000 years old, and I believe most of the dinosaurs went extinct about 4400 years ago during the great flood that covered the world, according to the story of Noah's Ark.

There is no geological evidence of a worldwide flood. Ask him why the flood story in the Epic of Gilgamesh isn't the truth, but the bible flood story is.

Quote:
That is why you find so many dinosaurs fossilized, it is because they were burried under the mud during the flood, and actually that is the only way to fossilize a creature; to bury it.

Even if true, it most certainly does not prove there was any kind of great flood. This guy is a moron.

Quote:
Another thing to note, The Bible talks about a 7th layer of the atmosphere, which turned the Earth into something like a hyperbaric oxygen chamber.

Oh, for christ's sake. Where is his evidence for this tripe?

Quote:
This doubled the air pressure on the entire glove, oxydizing the entire planet. When you grow a plant under such conditions, with double the air pressure and double the oxygen, the plant will grow many times faster, many times larger, and live many times longer. Reptiles never stop growing, so a reptile that lives in a hyperbaric oxygen condition would live extremely long, and grow extremely big;

I'll let the science gurus handle this one, and it will likely be torn apart.

Quote:
this would be a dinosaur. Have you ever wondered why we are finding enourmous versions of every animal known to man in the fossil record?

OK, then how does he explain really small dinosaurs like compsognathus? Or small varieties of other animals? Idiot. Why waste time with an imbecile like this?

Quote:
It is because the old Earth was how The Bible described, and the 7th layer of the atmosphere which made such conditions, fell to the Earth as rain 4400 years ago, flooding the entire planet. Some of the insects we are discovering are many feet long; imagine a 6 foot long centipede or a 3 foot spider!

The force is strong in this one. And the tinfoil hat is snug.

Quote:
If you brought all the mountains down to sea level, and all the depths of the seas up to sea level, the entire planet would be covered with miles worth of water. This is exactly what happened 4400 years ago. If you want to learn more, and how to prove everything I have just said, please visit this website. This stuff is shocking and can change your life.

The only thing shocking about it is how much false information is contained therein.

Quote:

The method is called 'limiting factors'. Example; if you find a sunken boat with a coin collection, and you find a coin that says '1945', you should be able to conclude that the ship sink after 1945, correct?

Likewise, there are limiting factors that reduce the age of the earth dramatically. If you would like 14 hours worth of proof, watch this video series.

This one's for the science experts. This ought to be good.

Quote:
Yet all the methods of carbon dating are based on the same faulty formula. If you want, I can disprove carbon dating for you.

Another sign of this guy's ignorance. Carbon dating is NOT the only way that we age things. Carbon dating only goes back 50,000 years or so. There are other methods to test older items.

Quote:
I was taught about evolution in school, and found it to be false upon my own research.

Worst researcher ever.

"The powerful have always created false images of the weak."

Fish
User is offlineOffline
Ask him if he's ever

Ask him if he's ever lied.

If so, ask him if that makes him a liar.

If so, ask him why you should believe anything he says. 

vexed
vexed's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for the responses

Thanks for the responses guys, I'll definitely use some of the ideas presented. Smiling

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
I hope this isn't

I hope this isn't hypocritical. lol. After all, should I be the one to point out weird screen names?

It's this whole 'venom' thing that bothers me. VenomFangX on youtube and VenomX1 is Cory T.

christianity and venom seem to be holding hands a lot. Am I missing something? 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Master Jedi Dan
Master Jedi Dan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: There is no

Quote:

There is no geological evidence of a worldwide flood. Ask him why the flood story in the Epic of Gilgamesh isn't the truth, but the bible flood story is.

What about the ark?  Right where it should be...  

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Roisin Dubh
Roisin Dubh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Master Jedi Dan

Master Jedi Dan wrote:

Quote:

What about the ark? Right where it should be...

Quite possibly the most horrifying stupid thing ever posted on the internet.

Quote:
Contains high-tech metal alloy fittings, as proven by separate lab analyses paid for by Ron Wyatt, then performed later by Kevin Fisher of this web site. Aluminum metal and titanium metal was found in the fittings which are MAN-MADE metals!

This idiot is claiming Noah had titanium metal fittings on the ark. Here is a link describing the Kroll process, which is used to extract titanium out of ore. Perhaps, on the 8th day, god built a fluid bed reactor? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kroll_process

Quote:
Huge anchor stones were found near the ark and in the village Kazan, 15 miles away, which hung off the rear of the ark to steady its ride.

Yet, the bible never mentions anything about these stupid anchor stones. Also, these stones have crosses etched into them. Why would they have crosses on them if jesus didn't show up until 1000+ years later?

That's all I have time for for now. Hopefully someone else can pick up the debunking from here....

"The powerful have always created false images of the weak."

Master Jedi Dan
User is offlineOffline
Quote:

Quote:

Quite possibly the most horrifying stupid thing ever posted on the internet.

Then what the hell is embedded in the mountain?

Fish
User is offlineOffline
Master Jedi Dan

Master Jedi Dan wrote:

Quote:

What about the ark? Right where it should be...

Here is another article regarding the site. At the bottom are more links to other articles, mostly refuting the claim. Apparently it's a relatively common geological formation in that area.

Master Jedi Dan
User is offlineOffline
Fish wrote: Here is

Fish wrote:

Here is another article regarding the site. At the bottom are more links to other articles, mostly refuting the claim. Apparently it's a relatively common geological formation in that area.

A geological formation made of wood? 

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
The Main Claims at a

The Main Claims at a Glance

True/False?

• Radar shows man-made (boat) structure..........FALSE
  • There is a regular metallic pattern............FALSE
  • Lab tests show petrified laminated wood........FALSE
  • Turkish scientists found metal rods............FALSE
  • Metal artefacts have been proved by lab........FALSE
  • There are ‘ship’s ribs’ showing................FALSE
  • There is lots of petrified wood................FALSE
  • Turkish Commission says ‘it’s a boat...........FALSE

(cuntpasted from of of the links)

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline

Master Jedi Dan
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: The

MattShizzle wrote:

The Main Claims at a Glance

True/False?

• Radar shows man-made (boat) structure..........FALSE
  • There is a regular metallic pattern............FALSE
  • Lab tests show petrified laminated wood........FALSE
  • Turkish scientists found metal rods............FALSE
  • Metal artefacts have been proved by lab........FALSE
  • There are ‘ship’s ribs’ showing................FALSE
  • There is lots of petrified wood................FALSE
  • Turkish Commission says ‘it’s a boat...........FALSE

(cuntpasted from of of the links)

Ok, cool.  I have been honorably pwned in debate.  I just wanted to clear that up. 

Fish
User is offlineOffline
can you teach me how to

can you teach me how to cuntpaste? It souds like fun Sticking out tongue

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
It's just a funny

It's just a funny abbreviation for "cut and paste."

Fish
User is offlineOffline
oh, i thought it was a typo,

oh, i thought it was a typo, as it seemed a bit racey for an abbreviation

CrimsonEdge
CrimsonEdge's picture
User is offlineOffline
Master Jedi Dan wrote: Then

Master Jedi Dan wrote:
Then what the hell is embedded in the mountain?

Any number of things, actually.

"We found some wood in a mountain! IT HAS TO BE THE ARK!"

Not to mention that the whole Ark has absolutely no purpose in regards to morals... and not to mention that the dimensions given by God weren't even near big enough to fit all the animals in the world.

Pathofreason
Superfan
Pathofreason's picture
User is offlineOffline
WYATT!

In regards to the "Discovery" of Noah's ark with the name Wyatt attached to it is always false! They even debunk this idiot on Answersingenesis.org So yea....even Christians think it's BS.

Co-Founder of the Atheist/Freethought website Pathofreason.com

www.pathofreason.com

Check it out

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline

magilum
User is offlineOffline
Any refutation of Kent

Any refutation of Kent Hovind applies to VFX. His whole gimmick is nipping at Kent's heels.

Gizmo
High Level Donor
Gizmo's picture
User is offlineOffline
VenomFangX is either

VenomFangX is either completely nuts or a very long standing (yet hard to read joke).  If you look at some of his videos, especially the ones about evolution, he makes some really large leaps (comparing evolution to how a spoon/fork/knife).  He is the type that I just could not handle in a debate because of how crazy dishonest he is. 

Gizmo
High Level Donor
Gizmo's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am curious however if you

I am curious however if you ask VFX if the world was flat, what he would say.  My guess would be yes.

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gizmo wrote: VenomFangX is

Gizmo wrote:
VenomFangX is either completely nuts or a very long standing (yet hard to read joke). If you look at some of his videos, especially the ones about evolution, he makes some really large leaps (comparing evolution to how a spoon/fork/knife). He is the type that I just could not handle in a debate because of how crazy dishonest he is.

I don't think his ridiculous arguments would annoy me near as much as his teen stache or his arrogant tone. Is there a word that means something like arrogant ^ 1,000,000,000. Because if there is, that's what I hear when he speaks.

I really wish he would come here and let us own him already. 

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
magilum wrote: Any

magilum wrote:
Any refutation of Kent Hovind applies to VFX. His whole gimmick is nipping at Kent's heels.

And Lee Strobel. Many of his "proving christianity" videos are based on Strobel's work. Its just that his Kent Hovind ripoffs are more widely known. 

Pathofreason
Superfan
Pathofreason's picture
User is offlineOffline
Doesn't it

Does it seem to anyone else that Venomfang is an Actor...I mean his videos seem more scripted and "acted" out than anything. I mean it just doesn't seem real to me.

Co-Founder of the Atheist/Freethought website Pathofreason.com

www.pathofreason.com

Check it out

Archeopteryx
Superfan
Archeopteryx's picture
User is offlineOffline
Pathofreason wrote: Does it

Pathofreason wrote:
Does it seem to anyone else that Venomfang is an Actor...I mean his videos seem more scripted and "acted" out than anything. I mean it just doesn't seem real to me.

I think he watches a Hovind video and then immediately records himself regurgitating everything that Hovind just said.

Also, he has an ugly teen stache. I refuse to let this go. He will never be forgiven. 

A place common to all will be maintained by none. A religion common to all is perhaps not much different.

Gizmo
High Level Donor
Gizmo's picture
User is offlineOffline
Its unfortunate really, as

Its unfortunate really, as I have watched several of his videos (I have a high tolerance apparently) and if it weren't for the topics and what he apparently believes, I would find his videos very entertaining.  Several of his videos lately have had a Matrix theme going and if he were talking about something else, that didn't fly in the face of logic and reason, I would fully enjoy watching it. 

Instead I just have to shake my head and hope that someday he grows a brain, really looks at what hes saying and then the mountain of evidence showing him how wrong he is and recants. 

Master Jedi Dan
User is offlineOffline
Gizmo wrote: Its

Gizmo wrote:

Its unfortunate really, as I have watched several of his videos (I have a high tolerance apparently) and if it weren't for the topics and what he apparently believes, I would find his videos very entertaining. Several of his videos lately have had a Matrix theme going and if he were talking about something else, that didn't fly in the face of logic and reason, I would fully enjoy watching it.

Instead I just have to shake my head and hope that someday he grows a brain, really looks at what hes saying and then the mountain of evidence showing him how wrong he is and recants.

At least he makes his videos entertaining.  I've seen all of them so far.  Although he is coming from the wrong point of view, he does have some excellent videos on debunking/disproving Islam.

Gizmo
High Level Donor
Gizmo's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wow I thought I had a high

Wow I thought I had a high tolerance for pain, but I haven't seen all of his videos ;p

Like I said, some of his are funny.  His recent Matrix ones are interesting and its obvious he puts a decent amount of time into making them.  I just wish that he wasn't nuts and rehashing the same things that Hovind tries to spit out.