I want to be brought back to life, in my mid 20's, if future humans discover how to do it.

Bornright
Bornright's picture
User is offlineOffline
I want to be brought back to life, in my mid 20's, if future humans discover how to do it.

Are any of you in the same boat as me?

I don't think about the afterlife through the perspective of a thiest. I do think about it though. I want to live a very long time. Far longer than my potential 80 some odd years. Will it even be an odd number when I die? Wouldn't it be odd if it were even? Don't get confused here, it's not about hocus pokus. Of course modern future science would be the cause of my being "brough back". I'm all fucking for it. Why wouldn't you be? 

And why don't I hear about this kind of optimism from other freethinkers?  Perhaps I've been looking for love in all the wrong places, or maybe there are some of you here that feel the same way.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's an interesting

That's an interesting question.

Of course I'd like to live a very long time.  

BUT...

It wouldn't be much of a life if I were slipping mentally.  I could deal with physical handicaps as long as I didn't require help with everyday living.

As an amusing aside, when we get to Y3K I could probably make a fortune in I.T. because there's no doubt they'll still be running COBOL programs needing maintenance like they did for Y2K. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

lucidfox13
lucidfox13's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think that would be a

I think that would be a great idea.  Actually, I think it would be better to just put my brain inside of a robot body.  I'd give up my sense of touch for lazers and rockets.

JESUS SAVES!!! .... and takes only half damage!

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would like to be brought

I would like to be brought back as Mothra.  First, he's giant and can wail on cities.  Second, he has two tiny, Japanese chicks in a seashell that sing about him.  Third, he can spit sticky crap everywhere that seems to slow down the likes of Godzilla. 

Is there any competition as to the avatar that one would choose?  Hmmmm.  Mothra or my crappy, body that can't crush Japanese fishing villages?  No question!

If not Mothra, then maybe I could be a jawa.  I think it would be wicked awesome to drive that giant car of theirs.  Wait a minute!  Jawas are little people in the desert who sell items at marked up prices and drive big, slow ground transportation.  Are Jawas Tatoine's Jews?

Anyway, I think I'd choose Mothra before a Jawa at any rate.

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
BUMP because I think it is a

BUMP because I think it is a funny concept