Atheist Prayer

IzzyPop
IzzyPop's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheist Prayer

Found this nifty little thing just now. I may save it for Thanksgiving.

Atheist Prayer

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
I dare you, IzzyPop!  Let

I dare you, IzzyPop!  Let us know how it goes over.  Tongue out

I especially liked the line:  Let us have the courage to accept that one person's faith is another person's bloody-minded pig-headed refusal to accept the obvious.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is great!!  I am not

This is great!!  I am not sure I would have the courage to say it at a family event, though.  My parents have reached the age that something like this constitutes a health risk because it might cause my father to have a heart attack.  Not a good way to spend a holiday.

V1per41
V1per41's picture
User is offlineOffline
If I were ever asked to say

If I were ever asked to say grace b4 a meal I simply thank science for providing us with the technology to make such a plentiful meal possible.

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

lucidfox13
lucidfox13's picture
User is offlineOffline
V1per41 wrote: If I were

V1per41 wrote:
If I were ever asked to say grace b4 a meal I simply thank science for providing us with the technology to make such a plentiful meal possible.

That's a good idea.  I actually like the idea of an atheist prayer, although I would probably get my ass kicked if I said it at a wrong place. 

JESUS SAVES!!! .... and takes only half damage!

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: I dare you,

Susan wrote:

I dare you, IzzyPop! Let us know how it goes over. Tongue out

I especially liked the line: Let us have the courage to accept that one person's faith is another person's bloody-minded pig-headed refusal to accept the obvious.

Which is a great line...but this is the one that did it for me:

Let us accept that the difference between a prophet and a madman is not what they say but whether the crowd accepts the story and tells their children to believe it.