Taking Religion and Philosophy Courses in School

Matt-Evolved
Matt-Evolved's picture
User is offlineOffline
Taking Religion and Philosophy Courses in School

So I need to take "The Examined Life" as a philosophy course and "The Islamic Tradition" as a religion course as two graduation requirements. Sadly, I'm attending a Catholic university, Saint Xavier Universtiy in Chicago, IL.

I already tried to stick it to my theistic parents by taking Islam instead of Christianity while going to a Christian school. (My mom is one of those crazy fundies btw...)

I already figure that I'm going to get kicked out of my classes a couple times for arguing with my professors, but I was wondering if you guys could try to give me some extra firepower to really shock them. Sadly, I'm not the best debater in person. I don't know what it is, but I always seem to argue better with the keyboard...

I know of a great deal of reasons and explanations as to why god is imaginary and why prayer is a complete myth and why religion is just a system that is inherently violent and corrupt and evil, but maybe some extra 'oomph' would strengthen my arguments.

I could possibly even post some assignments or essay requirements on here and let you guys help me to structure very well-thought out rebuttals or essays or what-have-you...

I'm only asking because I know you guys will be more than happy to help because everyone on this board or anyone affiliated with RRS just rocks.
I love you guys! Sticking out tongue

On a side note, I'm an Environmental Biology major and a Chemistry minor going to a Christian university, anyone else see the paradox there? I need to learn about evolution and natural selection and all the other aspects of nature from people that believe women miracously grew from a rib? Hmmm...

What I don't get is how they feel that a whole woman can just grow from a rib bone, but "the human eye can't come out of the mud." lol

Garh I really hate irreducible complexity, fucking idiots...

"I call Christianity the one great curse, the one great intrinsic depravity, the one great instinct of revenge, for which no means are venomous enough, or secret, subterranean and small enough - I call it the one immortal blemish upon the human race." -