ATTENTION!! Fight against christian and non-believer!

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
ATTENTION!! Fight against christian and non-believer!

What a ride, as I woke up today I went about my daily,"to do's." Sex, hiking, working out the norm lol!

Today I am speeking against all "isms" isms are basically religion. I am talking about being just honest and scientific in out preceptions. If we are scientific, this is no ism, but sound, logic, evidence SANE thought. We are better to not fight for any isms, but to fight to keep realistic and sound belief that throws out the shit we hear from unfounded ideas and isms. There was no big fight, just a fight against isms.

rexlunae
rexlunae's picture
User is offlineOffline
andy111 wrote: There was no

andy111 wrote:
There was no big fight, just a fight against isms.

I could be wrong, but aren't you just proposing antiismism?

It's only the fairy tales they believe.

ParanoidAgnostic
ParanoidAgnostic's picture
User is offlineOffline
A person should not believe

A person should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. - Ferris Bueller

thormos
thormos's picture
User is offlineOffline
    Isnt rationalism an

Isnt rationalism an ism?

I think you need a better deffinition of what you are speaking against.

"Everyone knows that God drives a Plymouth: "And He drove Adam And Eve from the Garden of Eden in His Fury."
And that Moses liked British cars: "The roar of Moses' Triumph was heard throughout the hills."
On the other hand, Jesus humbly drove a Honda but didn't brag about it, because in his own words: "I did not speak of my own Accord." "

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
What utopia are you looking

What utopia are you looking for? "Utopias are  myth in and of themselves and are concepts unique to an individual.

I think most here are ready to admit and do acept that 6 billion people have thousands upon thousands of different isms even within the same ism.

I'm not sure what you want out of life. No one here should be fighting for the forcefull goverment opression of dissent. Most here, and I cant speak for all, merely are fighting against bad logic by exposing others to the alturnitives to ancient myth.

If tools of logic were properly applied stupid fantacies like Ouiji boards, tarrot cards and vampires would not be taken seriously. And I doubt modern monotheism will survive if it's followers were starved of willfull ignorance through being exposed to alturnitives to myth.

Wanting to ween people off of superstition is not a bad goal, but no one here should expect a sudden or forced change in society.

Not sure what your original post means, but I dont think people here delude themselves into thinking utopias are valid. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
andy111 wrote: There was no

andy111 wrote:
There was no big fight, just a fight against isms.

I can agree with this on a lofty level. It is true that we should try to see ourselves and others more by their actions than by their classifications. I can get behind that. Knowing that a person is Jewish (or whatever) would suggest certain characteristics, but does that define the person? No, and we should be enlightened enough to try and look beyond -isms. 

In the end though, our actions put us in certain classifications (-isms). I do not believe in the existance of Gods or Godesses, this is atheism. This does not define me as a person, but it does classify that particular belief.  

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd like to get in the fight

I'd like to get in the fight against botulism

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ophios wrote: I'd like to

Ophios wrote:

You just made that word up didn't you.  

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
marcusfish wrote: Ophios

marcusfish wrote:

Ophios wrote:

Uh, nope. 

bot·u·lism      [boch-uh-liz-uhm] –noun Pathology.
a sometimes fatal disease of the nervous system acquired from spoiled foods in which botulin is present, esp. improperly canned or marinated foods.

bot·u·lism       (bŏch'ə-lĭz'əm)  n.   A severe, sometimes fatal food poisoning caused by ingestion of food containing botulin and characterized by nausea, vomiting, disturbed vision, muscular weakness, and fatigue.  

[German Botulismus, from Latin botulus, sausage.] 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

andy111 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Wanting to ween people off of superstition is not a bad goal

I just got done working out...sorry if the spelling is bad I didn't have time to spell check it, lol! spell check is a "god-send" lol! So forgive me now...I am typing this before I jump in the shower,

Thank you all for your input, I am going to attempt to answer a few questions I've ran across and correct any misunderstandings by first defining ism as I see it.(keep in mind there are many varieing) I will add a few assumptions to the definition of ism that may not be apparant...Though SHOULD do this and SHOULD"NT do that. In other words a list of rules. The problem with there rules is they are GOD like. Whos to say you should not be gay? Get my point..? And usually isms(my definition)have some sort of deity like thinking eg. Im better then you because...(fill in the blank). Athieism by our definition is believing not in god...hopefully you don't believe in spirits and afterlife for your own mental good. Athieism when it is scientific is not rationalism. However some try and make it like a religion! This people and fellow rational thinkers(not rationalism) is what we try to get away from. People with laundry on their heads crash into tradecenters because they believe in isms, afterlife, spirits etc...I'm better then you, you do not believe in my ism so you need to be damned to hell! These are isms and yes it is a sickness...Let us not become ismized lol in our rational/logical/scientific thinking. Remember when you do you are not a worse person for doing so, no one is...That is just another ism!

P.S. I know this isnt fully clear...send me any questions and I will take more time to answer.

Gotta go!

Dayve
User is offlineOffline
First Andy, your vanity is

First Andy, your vanity is disgusting...

Secondly, an ism is nothing more than a word to describe something, just like any other word... What is the problem with it? Saying an ism is what makes people do a certain thing is like saying Hitler and Stalin were evil because of the 'staches... It's a completely dumb thing to say.

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dayve wrote: First Andy,

Dayve wrote:

First Andy, your vanity is disgusting...

Secondly, an ism is nothing more than a word to describe something, just like any other word... What is the problem with it? 

Dayve, you are correct on both points. First, Andy, put some clothes on and keep your orgiastic lifestyle to yourself. You should go read the myth about Narssissus.

Second, this looks to be the inane ramblings of someone playing with tautologies for the first time. Here's another profound thought for you, "Everything either produces a shadow or is in one." When my student tried that crap, I responded as vehemently. In the future when you have a thought like this, ask the question, "Does this idea make me look like a super douche?" If the answer is "yes," then save it for some drunk girl. If the answer is "no," then save it for some drunk girl.

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

Nero
Rational VIP!
Nero's picture
User is offlineOffline
I brought the myth to you

I brought the myth to you because I doubted your ability to find it on your own. Staring into a mirror makes for difficult searching afterall.

"In Greek myth, a beautiful youth, son of the Boeotian river god Cephisus and the nymph Līriopē. The nymph Echo fell in love with him, but was rejected. Aphroditē punished him for his cruelty by making him fall in love with his own image reflected in water. His fruitless attempts to approach his beautiful reflection led to his despair and he wasted away until he died. The gods changed him into the flower that bears his name."

"Tis better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven." -Lucifer

andy111 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
You should go read the myth about Narssissus

You nailed it buddy! Good jobSmiling You are very right, I do not give a shit about what you, or anyone else thinks of me for that matter. Now beyond ideas of you being so insecure. It may be just me but you are acting like the least social adaptive person I've ever met. Take your bark up another tree LOL! Now to the real topic...These two were playing baseball and Im playing football. Two dif topics, now I am saying not that we SHOULD all just get along. That is god like and me saying that would then lead to me saying something else like: these two arent getting along so their fags and need to die now! All from an ism, yes these ism are religious in nature, and lead to the nonesense demo from the 2 above responders. From the responces they are dealing with what is called a inferiority complex, which is not what this forum is about. Their beliefs show major anger, bitterness, and intolerance much like people who go on suicide bombing! Isms yes isms can be found all around...However must they all the time be in your beliefs? With awarness can you start reducing this sickness now? You will feel better as a result. 

P.S. I am leaving this pic up, because it is all about marketing, you will get to know me. The so-called vanity guy. And if click with me you will come to enjoy this greatly. Its not meant for the others, however they will come and when you do they will be live examples to demo on...Look forward to meeting with you again! 

P.S. Try to get laid today, but not too hard! lol

marcusfish
Superfan
marcusfish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: marcusfish

Susan wrote:
marcusfish wrote:

Ophios wrote:

Uh, nope.

bot·u·lism [boch-uh-liz-uhm] –noun Pathology.
a sometimes fatal disease of the nervous system acquired from spoiled foods in which botulin is present, esp. improperly canned or marinated foods.

bot·u·lism (bŏch'ə-lĭz'əm) n. A severe, sometimes fatal food poisoning caused by ingestion of food containing botulin and characterized by nausea, vomiting, disturbed vision, muscular weakness, and fatigue.

[German Botulismus, from Latin botulus, sausage.]

See? Now you're just making up things too.

*P.S. I'm only teasing, I say that when a word looks or sounds funny. Sorry for being a smart ass* 

ParanoidAgnostic
ParanoidAgnostic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is anyone else reminded of

Is anyone else reminded of the time cube nut? http://timecube.com/

Andy111, If you're trying to convince us of something, rambling paragraphs that are full of insults and in which each sentence seem to be about a different subject are not the way to do it.

Oh, a lesson in not changing history from Mr. I'm-My-Own-Grandpa!

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, I certainly got a

Well, I certainly got a good chuckle out of all of this.  At first, I actually thought that you had something interesting and pointed to say so I bypassed the obvious 'I'm a hot guy who's in great physical shape'  and ploughed on.  Unfortunately I really couldn't get past the immature 'look-at-me-I'm-so-cool-isms' to understand what you're getting at.

Now I know you're going to immediately try to tear me apart in some way, but like you, I really don't give a particular fuck what you think.  The only difference is I don't constantly have to repeat to myself how studly I am.  I don't need any convincing; I'm pretty content with myself. 

That being said, the next time you want to make a point or share your thoughts, please be so kind to leave your narcissistic vanity at home.  While that works on all the soriority girls at the local college, most of us here are more interested in what you have to say rather than how many bicep curl repetitions you did today. 

However, in the slim chance that I've somehow completely mistaken your intent, kindly restate your position without the 'distractions'.  Thank you. 

If god takes life he's an indian giver

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane wrote: Well, I

pariahjane wrote:

Well, I certainly got a good chuckle out of all of this. At first, I actually thought that you had something interesting and pointed to say so I bypassed the obvious 'I'm a hot guy who's in great physical shape' and ploughed on. Unfortunately I really couldn't get past the immature 'look-at-me-I'm-so-cool-isms' to understand what you're getting at.

Now I know you're going to immediately try to tear me apart in some way, but like you, I really don't give a particular fuck what you think. The only difference is I don't constantly have to repeat to myself how studly I am. I don't need any convincing; I'm pretty content with myself.

That being said, the next time you want to make a point or share your thoughts, please be so kind to leave your narcissistic vanity at home. While that works on all the soriority girls at the local college, most of us here are more interested in what you have to say rather than how many bicep curl repetitions you did today.

However, in the slim chance that I've somehow completely mistaken your intent, kindly restate your position without the 'distractions'. Thank you.

Very nicely stated Jane. 

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Andy111 will not be posting

Andy111 will not be posting any longer.

pariahjane
pariahjane's picture
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: pariahjane

BGH wrote:
pariahjane wrote:

Well, I certainly got a good chuckle out of all of this. At first, I actually thought that you had something interesting and pointed to say so I bypassed the obvious 'I'm a hot guy who's in great physical shape' and ploughed on. Unfortunately I really couldn't get past the immature 'look-at-me-I'm-so-cool-isms' to understand what you're getting at.

Now I know you're going to immediately try to tear me apart in some way, but like you, I really don't give a particular fuck what you think. The only difference is I don't constantly have to repeat to myself how studly I am. I don't need any convincing; I'm pretty content with myself.

That being said, the next time you want to make a point or share your thoughts, please be so kind to leave your narcissistic vanity at home. While that works on all the soriority girls at the local college, most of us here are more interested in what you have to say rather than how many bicep curl repetitions you did today.

However, in the slim chance that I've somehow completely mistaken your intent, kindly restate your position without the 'distractions'. Thank you.

Very nicely stated Jane.

Thank you, kind sir. Smiling Oftentimes, the responses to my posts (or my mouth in general) aren't so kind.  

If god takes life he's an indian giver

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
pariahjane wrote: Thank

pariahjane wrote:

Thank you, kind sir. Smiling Oftentimes, the responses to my posts (or my mouth in general) aren't so kind.

Since he is gone we can derail this thread....

You are very welcome Jane. 

satchalen
satchalen's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Andy111 will not be

Quote:
Andy111 will not be posting any longer.
aw, you can at least leave his picture up.  he was hottie-hot-hawt!  i wanted to make sweet, sweaty love to him.  maybe i could fuck his brains back.  i'm willing to bet he had a really large male appendage, too; that would explain the lack of blood in his brain.

k.  i just totally weirded myself out and i'm done.  note to self: must wash away the yuck with a bath, include wife.

if (born++) {truth=null};

Adnihilo
Adnihilo's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anonymous wrote: Today I am

Anonymous wrote:
Today I am speeking against all "isms" isms are basically religion. I am talking about being just honest and scientific in out preceptions. If we are scientific, this is no ism, but sound, logic, evidence SANE thought. We are better to not fight for any isms, but to fight to keep realistic and sound belief that throws out the shit we hear from unfounded ideas and isms. There was no big fight, just a fight against isms.

No, there's 'philosophical' isms as well.  Just for shits and grins since 'on topic', I'll repost  my list of religious and philosophical Isms described in relation to their 'Shit' below:

Some Religious Isms:

Taoism: Shit happens.
Buddhism: If Shit happens, it’s not really Shit.
Ecumenicism: Overlook all the different Shit
Islamism: If Shit happens, it is the will of Allah.
Protestantism: Shit happens when you don’t work hard enough.
Judaism: Why does this Shit always happen to us?
Hinduism: This Shit happened before.
Catholicism: Shit happens because you are bad.
Hare Krishna: Good Shit happens when you chant Rama shit..
TV Evangelism: Send us more Shit.
Jehovah’s Witness: Knock, knock, Witness some of our Shit.
Christian Science: Shit happens in your mind.
Rastafarianism: Let’s smoke this Shit!

Some Philosophical Isms:

Atheism: No Shit, Sherlock!
Agnosticism: Maybe Shit happens, maybe it doesn’t.
Existentialism: What is Shit anyway?
Hedonism: There’s nothing like dirty Shit.
Humanism: Human shit just doesn't stink
Nihilism: Eat Shit and Die.
Relativism: Shit to live & let live by
Stoicism: This Shit doesn’t bother me.
Syncretism: Mix all shit up to get diaharea.

If there was a God, Man wouldn't have had to invent him [reversing Voltaire's famous quote].

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
I haven't seen that list in

I haven't seen that list in a long time.

That's some funny shit. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
LOL! I love that list.

LOL! I love that list.

Adnihilo
Adnihilo's picture
User is offlineOffline
darth_josh wrote:

darth_josh wrote:

I haven't seen that list in a long time.

That's some funny shit.

This is the original list of isms that was compared to "stuff" you probably refer to that I'd found somewhere:

Hinduism: This stuff happened before.
Catholicism: Stuff happens because you are bad.
Hare Krishna: Stuff happens rama rama.
TV Evangelism: Send more stuff.
Atheism: No stuff.
Jehovah's Witness: Knock, knock, stuff happens.
Hedonism: There's nothing like good stuff happening.
Christian Science: Stuff happens in your mind.
Agnosticism: Maybe stuff happens, maybe it doesn't.
Existentialism: What is stuff anyway?
Stoicism: This stuff doesn't bother me.
Rastafarianism: Let's smoke this stuff-

Thought they were so hilarious, I changed stuff to shit and added another 10 Isms or so with their 'shit' and split them into 2 ism groups of philosophy and religion as you see above...

Here's a complete list of Isms with their 'shit' described [not called shit of course] here on The Ism Book

Be fun to see others get creative by adding to the list of isms defined by their 'shit' from that big list of them in The Ism Book

If there was a God, Man wouldn't have had to invent him [reversing Voltaire's famous quote].