God Lying in the Bible??

crushingstep7
Theist
crushingstep7's picture
User is offlineOffline
God Lying in the Bible??

I remember seeing some sort of verse in the bible that talks about God decieving or lying...

I can't remember what it was about though. I was wondering if someone could help me out.

Thankssss

crushingstep7
Theist
crushingstep7's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sorry, forgot to put this

Sorry, forgot to put this in the right forum...

Ghost Rider
Ghost Rider's picture
User is offlineOffline

crushingstep7
Theist
crushingstep7's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey, thanks alot.

Hey, thanks alot.

Fossa_girl04
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Hey, question. How does this

Hey, question. How does this prove that God lies?? That seems to me that it just proves HE is all powerful, all knowing, and above human deception.

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
Watch my video about

Watch my video about Disproving Christianity in 3 Words (in my signature) and that briefly touches on Jesus lying.

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fossa_girl04 wrote: Hey,

Fossa_girl04 wrote:
Hey, question. How does this prove that God lies?? That seems to me that it just proves HE is all powerful, all knowing, and above human deception.

1 Kings 22:23
Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.
2 Chronicles 18:22
Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets.
Jeremiah 4:10
Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people.
Jeremiah 20:7
O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived.
Ezekiel 14:9
And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.
2 Thessalonians 2:11
For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.

WHERE does it imply, in any of those, that God is above deception? 

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
BenfromCanada

BenfromCanada wrote:

Fossa_girl04 wrote:

1 Kings 22:23
Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.
2 Chronicles 18:22
Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets.
Jeremiah 4:10
Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people.
Jeremiah 20:7
O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived.
Ezekiel 14:9
And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.
2 Thessalonians 2:11
For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie.

WHERE does it imply, in any of those, that God is above deception?

God is supposedly above being deceived by humans. He's not above using deception to mess with the humans. 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote: God is

jcgadfly wrote:

God is supposedly above being deceived by humans. He's not above using deception to mess with the humans.

OK...so how do those passages actually say that?

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
BenfromCanada

BenfromCanada wrote:
jcgadfly wrote:

Sorry I wasn't specific (working 10 hours on 4 hours sleep). I was trying to figure out Fossa_girl's reference to god being "above human deception". That was the only thing I could figure out that would make her view make sense.

You're right - the verses don't say that. If the God of the Bible is the one true god, he's a conniving SOB. 

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

BenfromCanada
atheist
BenfromCanada's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly

jcgadfly wrote:
BenfromCanada wrote:
jcgadfly wrote:

Sorry I wasn't specific (working 10 hours on 4 hours sleep). I was trying to figure out Fossa_girl's reference to god being "above human deception". That was the only thing I could figure out that would make her view make sense.

You're right - the verses don't say that. If the God of the Bible is the one true god, he's a conniving SOB.

S'OK. I didn't word that well, but I figured that's what she meant.