The absurdity of "God's Plan"

Medievalguy
Medievalguy's picture
User is offlineOffline
The absurdity of "God's Plan"

Ok, I've been thinking about this lately. The notion of "God's Plan" is just absurd upon further inspection, and it irritates me when xtians use it as part of an argument. If you are all knowing, all powerful God, why would you need a plan? Lets assume the goal of this “plan” is to perfect our “souls” to be more like God. To do this we live this life and are put through trials by evils. Sounds dandy doesn’t it? Well first off, why would God make us so imperfect as to need perfecting? (Aren’t all of his creations supposed to be perfect?) Why not just snap his fingers and make everything ok? He’s God isn’t he? The only explanation I can come up with (for the sake of this argument) is that he was bored. Then enter the problem of evil. If God made EVERYTHING, then he made evil. That refutes the xtian notion of the infinitely good God. (But would also help explain the urge to view God as sadistic for creating this life and making us suffer) Instead, if the goal of this plan was to forever worship God (somebody wanted an ego boost) then why not just snap his fingers and have us all on our knees there worshiping him? It makes no sense!

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
It is just their 'end all'

It is just their 'end all' answer to dispose of all those "nasty" questions about morality of god, suffering and other such problems with the god concept.

This way, they can give one answer and close off their mind from reality. 

thraxas
thraxas's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ah yes the whole god

Ah yes the whole god hypothesis is an entirely problematic concept. Christians say god is omniscient and omnipotent. This makes god internally contradictory, as you cannot be both.

God is supposedly only good. But he is also infinite. If he is infinite he is every possible emotion, idea, thought - he is everything. He is therefor ealso evil, malevolent, but also good and every thing in between. More nonsense. He also cannot have wants or needs if he is infinite as this defies this very description.

Biochemist & Law Student

"The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter." -Thomas Jefferson

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Medievalguy wrote: Ok,

Medievalguy wrote:

Ok, I've been thinking about this lately. The notion of "God's Plan" is just absurd upon further inspection, and it irritates me when xtians use it as part of an argument. If you are all knowing, all powerful God, why would you need a plan? Lets assume the goal of this “plan” is to perfect our “souls” to be more like God. To do this we live this life and are put through trials by evils. Sounds dandy doesn’t it? Well first off, why would God make us so imperfect as to need perfecting? (Aren’t all of his creations supposed to be perfect?) Why not just snap his fingers and make everything ok? He’s God isn’t he? The only explanation I can come up with (for the sake of this argument) is that he was bored. Then enter the problem of evil. If God made EVERYTHING, then he made evil. That refutes the xtian notion of the infinitely good God. (But would also help explain the urge to view God as sadistic for creating this life and making us suffer) Instead, if the goal of this plan was to forever worship God (somebody wanted an ego boost) then why not just snap his fingers and have us all on our knees there worshiping him? It makes no sense!

The more I look in to religion, the more self obsessed, the more meniacle, the more flawed, the more evil and the less perfect god appears to be.  The more I look in to religion the more it appears to me that if there did happen to be a god at all, the more it looks like jews, christians and muslims have fallen for the devils tricks (which he himself warns them exist and against doing, rather ironic don't you think?) and are actually worshipping satan rather than god.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/