Atheist arguments are biased in favor of Atheism

Technarch
User is offlineOffline
Atheist arguments are biased in favor of Atheism

Pointing out a link to this or other Atheist sites can get the Theist response "that's a biased source" or "it's clearly in favor of Atheism." To the theist, Atheism is just a position or a point of view, so something arguing against the Bible on an Atheism focused website is "biased" and fits an Atheist agenda or viewpoint. It doesn't matter if the information happens to be true either. Some people refuse to look at something specifically because it's an opposition. I'm not sure when concepts discussed in Atheism will be seen not as Atheist views but as facts. Of course Christians want the same thing for their beliefs.

Mod: Dude, atheist vs theist threads go in the atheist vs theist forum!

lucidfox13
lucidfox13's picture
User is offlineOffline
I won't refuse to go to a

I won't refuse to go to a Christian site and listen to what they have to say.  However, once I do, bells will go off in my head that say "BULLSHIT ALERT!"  Atheism is based in science, rather than faith.  For me at least, I try not to believe in things I don't have evidence for.  And science isn't a democratic process either.  No matter how many people believe the Earth is 6000 years old, it doesn't make it true.  We have archeological data to prove otherwise. 

Atheism to me is the most logical point of view though.  I went though around 10 years of my life lying to myself (unintentionally) trying to believe everything I heard from theists around me.  I look back now and know that none of that was true.  All those emotions I had weren't real.  I vowed that I would never lie to myself again.  I will always be skeptical, and doubt anything until I have proper proof to support it.

JESUS SAVES!!! .... and takes only half damage!

qbg
User is offlineOffline
Well, it has to be biased in

Well, it has to be biased in favor of your side of the debate; if it wasn't biased towards what the debate was about, it would not be a valid argument.

So, if the link is biased towards atheism, what do the theists want? Do they want it to be biased towards tomatoes?

"What right have you to condemn a murderer if you assume him necessary to "God's plan"? What logic can command the return of stolen property, or the branding of a thief, if the Almighty decreed it?"
-- The Economic Tendency of Freethought

lucidfox13
lucidfox13's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, to me, the whole world

Well, to me, the whole world is biased towards atheism.  Not in the people, but just by observing reality.  I recognize that gods are a man made concept.  It's just been passed down from generation to generation and that is why it is so widespread.  Theists would obvioiusly be biased towards theism, but it doesn't hold water in a debate.  You can't debate science with faith.  It doesn't work like that.  I don't really like the word "debate," when it comes to religion.  It implies that there is actual scientific merit in each side's claim.

qbg
User is offlineOffline
lucidfox13 wrote: Well, to

lucidfox13 wrote:
Well, to me, the whole world is biased towards atheism.  Not in the people, but just by observing reality.  I recognize that gods are a man made concept.  It's just been passed down from generation to generation and that is why it is so widespread.  Theists would obvioiusly be biased towards theism, but it doesn't hold water in a debate.  You can't debate science with faith.  It doesn't work like that.  I don't really like the word "debate," when it comes to religion.  It implies that there is actual scientific merit in each side's claim.

True.

There are theists that try to incorporate science on their side by saying "God created science", but in doing so they are really just showing how unnecessary god really is through such a cheap hack.

"What right have you to condemn a murderer if you assume him necessary to "God's plan"? What logic can command the return of stolen property, or the branding of a thief, if the Almighty decreed it?"
-- The Economic Tendency of Freethought

lucidfox13
lucidfox13's picture
User is offlineOffline
The great thing about

The great thing about science is that all of it is potentially disprovable.  The theory of evolution, gravity, etc. are all able to be disproven if enough evidence comes along.  That's why faith is not science because it can NOT be disproven.  You can't prove, nor disprove an imaginary flying Jew who lives up in the clouds.  However, the lack of evidence for said flying Jew creates evidence for atheism.