O no 33 People DIed What A Shame

Dragonfellow
User is offlineOffline
O no 33 People DIed What A Shame

Whats the whole point 33 people died I did not know a single one for them so I don't care that much. But in Iraq 200 people died in the last month from suicide bombings and car bombings and does anyone even care? Doing a moment of silence for them in school whats that going to do? Pray for the families pray for them for what for them to come back to life or something? I just don't understand it much maybe because where America and don't even care about anyone else and don't know who messes everything up but it has to be someone? Ah its probably just Bush thou, the worse President in history. O yea what about the 60 people that just died as I typed this?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think you definately could

I think you definately could have worded this better, but I do agree with the basic premise.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dragonfellow wrote: O yea

Dragonfellow wrote:
O yea what about the 60 people that just died as I typed this?

I died a little reading it. 

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

22jesus22
22jesus22's picture
User is offlineOffline
lol thingy.  I agree that

lol thingy.  I agree that it could have be written better, but I also agree with what he is trying to say. 

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Once again, Grammar Girl

Once again, Grammar Girl writhes in pain on the cross.

Mindspread posted a wonderful article addressing this issue.  It is from the perspective of an atheist professor at the university.  Dragonfellow, you have every right to be angry as millions of people sit on their hands with their thumbs up their asses praying while thousands die senselessly.  Yes, there are people that care and eventually our voice will be heard.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums,

Welcome to the forums, dragonfellow!

When you get a chance, we'd love for you to hop over to General Conversation, Introductions, and Humor and tell us a little about yourself. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Largo
Largo's picture
User is offlineOffline
Meanwhwile, the media here

Meanwhwile, the media here quite naturally made a lot of the shootings at Virginia Tech because it was 1) in our own backyard, 2) in a place normally considered to be a peaceful and safe place, and 3) not in a war.
Yes, many times more Americans (and Iraquis) have been killed in Iraq, and elsewhere in the world, even during the time that this horror was going on. But consider, please, that we have been met almost every day over our morning coffee with gory tales of hideous conflict in the Middle East for more than five years now. Eventually the mind dulls to the constant drumming of the same story. Virginia Tech is new. It's now, and it's here. It's only natural that it receives a lot of attention. Eventually it, too will fade from the public interest. This is not to say that it will cease to be horrible, any more than the continued strife in Iraq will cease to horrify us. But people do reach a saturation point eventually. It's no more the nature of journalism than it is the nature of humans. It's awfil, as you seem to feel it is,  but in the end it can't be helped.