Limbo

Medievalguy
Medievalguy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Limbo

Well, its official, the pope came out and said Limbo no longer exists. So now I guess all the catholics are going to change that section of their beliefs just because the head cheese said so. I wonder what they'd do if he came out and said it was "revealed" to him that Jesus was black. *sigh* I love how they can altar large concepts within dogma and people still think they are infallible.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Even better would be if

Even better would be if there was a pope who became an atheist and announced it! Especially since according to the law of Papal infallability the "official" position of the Catholic church would then have to be that there is no God!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Did the pope say limbo

Did the pope say limbo doesn't exist or did he say that just unbaptized infants no longer go there?
Or is (was) it the same thing?
Even though I was dragged to church the whole time I was growing up (thank goodness, not catholic!), the thought of different places for different folks never made sense to me anyway.
Who knew there'd be a low-rent district in heaven!

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Abolished completely, and

Abolished completely, and you know what - this is a great thing!  It means abortion is ok because kids get soulds at inception (not 8 weeks later) ... so now we can do all the abortions we want and those phetus' will all be in heaven to greet us!  JOY!

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
The truth will probably

The truth will probably come out eventually:  They're going to tear it down because they needed the space for a parking lot.

Besides, it's just bad PR for the pope to tell catholics that their innocent babies don't get to go to heaven just because they happened to have the misfortune of dying.

Can you imagine the guilt some catholic parents had/have over that, on top of the grief of losing a child? 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
The all powerful bends to

The all powerful bends to the will of a single man.

nice. 

AModestProposal
AModestProposal's picture
User is offlineOffline
So I guess abortions are

So I guess abortions are okay then, huh. But then wouldn't the most practical way to save souls be to just kill everyone as a baby before their capable of screwing up and going to hell? i'm not sure how they thought that one through.

SassyDevil
SassyDevil's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is terrible news! I

This is terrible news! I always thought the Limbo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbo_(dance) ) was a fun dance!

magilum
User is offlineOffline
In other news: Physicists

In other news: Physicists have lifted the laws of gravity due to the unpopularity of falling down.

AModestProposal
AModestProposal's picture
User is offlineOffline
John Paul said there was a

John Paul said there was a limbo.

Bennedict says there is no limbo.

John Paul is infallible.

Bennedict is infallible.

Both being right = paradox

This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute.  This does not compute. 

SassyDevil
SassyDevil's picture
User is offlineOffline
Uh-oh, I think AMP just had

Uh-oh, I think AMP just had a meltdown.

Largo
Largo's picture
User is offlineOffline
So, according to the new

So, according to the new doctrine, all dead babies go to heaven? What does his holeyness (full of holes) say about all the babies and children dying in the first place?  Has he never seen children gasping for breath with cystic fibrosis, or with bodies warped and bent with spina bifida? Is he unaware that thousands of children die every day in pain from diseases like cancer? Nice of him to let all these unfortunates pass the velvet ropes into heaven, but he seems unconcerned that the god he claims is love itself knows of their temporal suffering and permits it.
Suffering of children is only acceptable as a fact of life if there is no god.