Irrational side effects of being raised Christian

Technarch
User is offlineOffline
Irrational side effects of being raised Christian

A number of concepts have been ingrained in my subconscious since childhood, and have taken a few years to shake off. Some of these ideas: Humility is a virtue that should be strived for instead of success. Be ashamed of yourself as a sinful human being. It's better not to get what you want. It's better not to boast about anything. It's better not to value worldly possessions. Dressing nice or trying to impress others is pride and should be avoided. Don't fight back, turn the other cheek and accept pain. Life is one big waiting room, so just get along with everyone until you die. Personal aspirations and goals aren't as important as believing in God. Prayer, belief and faith will make things happen in life. Disobeying more of the ten commandments makes you are more sinful and requires more forgiveness. Other people have Christian values of respect and forgiveness, and those who don't will be reprimanded when they die. Some actions are sinful such as lust, premarital sex, stealing, or lying, but can be forgiven with enough prayer, just don't kill anyone or become a Satan worshipper. Satan controls the world and makes people do bad things. The end of the world will occur soon, proving or disproving the book of Revelations, as all the religions of the world will be judged and ultimately corrected or shown the truth. Spiritual concepts such as ghosts, fortune telling, astral projection, magic and psychic powers probably exist but are probably in the domain of the devil and should be avoided. People can live over eight hundred years according to Genesis. It's better to wait for your soulmate and get married instead of date multiple women. Being nice to everyone will give you a better chance of going to Heaven because then God can judge that you're a good person after you die. And finally, if I die an Atheist I wonder if God will hate me for it.

Technarch
User is offlineOffline
I also feel a large sense of

I also feel a large sense of disappointment that there is no Heaven, as if it were a promised gift that turned out to be a misleading sales ad. With no ultimate good or evil, life seems to have less of a narrative to it, and will have no neat resolution. I will not have the opportunity to argue with God and prove to him that he does not exist. This causes deepseated bitterness and cynicism, as the thing I'd like to be angry at is not there, denying itself the ability to be criticized.