Banning of theists.

Rudi
Rudi's picture
User is offlineOffline
Banning of theists.

Isn’t the banning of theists here a little like waving a red flag at a bull? At the Anti-Church forum (my usual gaff) there is no ban, but theists often pretend to be otherwise (wolves in sheep’s clothing?) just to get more attention. They are quickly outed as they cant keep a stopper on god/jesus etc for long. You must have had them here. We had one recently who was a vicar claiming to be an atheist! Yes, seriously.

I am curious as to why the fearful are banned here at all though. Is it to wind up (annoy) them or what?

Gizmo
High Level Donor
Gizmo's picture
User is offlineOffline
Banning of people here

Banning of people here usually is from someone disturbing the site or someone who just makes useless posts that go nowhere.  Its basically to keep order. 

Rudi
Rudi's picture
User is offlineOffline
I get it. Fair enough.

I get it. Fair enough. Thanks 

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Yep. They don't get banned

Yep. They don't get banned for being theists - usually for dishonesty or trolling.

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
gizmoi wrote:

gizmoi wrote:
Banning of people here usually is from someone disturbing the site or someone who just makes useless posts that go nowhere. Its basically to keep order.

I agree, the theists are not banned for being theists. They are usually disrupting the board or breaking rules in some way. I personally know another atheist who was banned(temporarily) for breaking the rules after he was warned, so it is not only theists.

Rudi
Rudi's picture
User is offlineOffline
Is poor behaviour

Is poor behaviour predominantly from theists then? If not, the ban would seem to say less about ‘them’ and more about ‘us’.

I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rudi wrote: Is poor

Rudi wrote:
Is poor behaviour predominantly from theists then? If not, the ban would seem to say less about ‘them’ and more about ‘us’.

Predominately yes, it from theists. If you stick around and continue to post you will eventually see what is takes to be banned.

A lot of theists who get banned will come to the boards just to start fights, not engage in true discussion and plagarize theistic websites with no ability to back up their arguments. 

All I can is stick around and it will become apparent. 

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Track St. Michael or

Track St. Michael or bodhiharta as examples.