Im a bit angry today.

AbandonMyPeace
User is offlineOffline
Im a bit angry today.

HI GUYS! I have been a member of these forums for a month or so. But have yet to post anything. So I have something that Im pretty annoyed about today and just need to bitch about it I guess. I dont know if this is the right place for it. But please feel free to move it if need be. I posted this bulletin on my myspace also. Also imnot to good at getting my point across in words. SO go easy on me. ok here it is.....

Ok. Soooo...I have something I want to talk about here as im a bit pissed off today. Last night one of my friends had a show at the pulse. So I went to see him play. I have been to the pulse tons of times! Meh its ok...But now to the part Im pissed off about. A coworker this morning asked me what i did last night. So I told him "I went to the pulse to see a friends band play." Next thing I know Im surrounded by coworkers all making extremely fucked up comments to me. My understanding is that the pulse is known as one of the local gay clubs. I honestly dont know if thats really the case or not. So my coworkers start saying all kinds of stupid shit about my sexuality.For anyone wondering I am in fact a straight male married to a beautiful woman. But I do not even worry about all this stupid homophobic shit. So after awhile they annoy me enough to make me walk out of the office and go take a breather. I come back into my office to find some gay pride stickers stuck to my monitor. We will just say I got pissed off and we will leave it at that. I am getting so damn tired of peoples intollerance towards other peoples lifestyles. One thing I find funny is that the crazy homophobes always say the same damn thing. "What if I go to a gay club and some guy grabs my ass." Seriously...where are they getting this idea from? Do they think they are so attractive that every gay man wants to grab there ass? Hey Im not down with the gay thing myself but I can sure take a compliment if some guy wants to grab my ass. But then again, I would think that being gay requires a higher level of confidence then most people because of the social stigma attached to just the word gay. So maybe grabbing every fine ass they see aint no thing. I dont know, and I really dont care either. Im just tired of the nonsense. If someones lifestyle is not affecting your own than just shut the fuck up. Its past the point of ridiculous when people are worrying about what other people are doing behind closed doors...

So there it is lol. My first post on these forums. As you can see Im somewhat pissed off at the situation.

And if anyone wants to be my myspace friend you can find me at myspace.com/abandonmypeace

Thanks for reading!

JCE
Bronze Member
JCE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome AbandonMyPeace! 

Welcome AbandonMyPeace!  Thank you for sharing your story.  It is always frustrating to deal with extreme prejudice like that.  I have heard people condemn homosexuality and in the next breath say that we should forgive the murderers and abolish the death sentence.  Makes no sense to me at all!

lucidfox13
lucidfox13's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've dealt with those

I've dealt with those people before, mainly during my grade school years.  Many kids took delight in calling me "gay" because I was so different than them (I'm straight by the way too).  I'm so glad I'm in college now, where people are more tolerant (to an extent).

Anyway, the homophobic view in the Bible is one of my main drives for atheism.  I get very enraged when people condemn gays...  Plus, it seems to me, the most unattractive males are the ones that are afraid that some gay guy is going to grab his ass.  I'd take it as a compliment! 

JESUS SAVES!!! .... and takes only half damage!

AbandonMyPeace
User is offlineOffline
Thanks to both of you. I

Thanks to both of you. I would like to say Im feeling a bit better now. But the truth is Im not feeling any better at all. Its things like this that make me lose my faith in humanity. We live in a world where people have been murdered only because they are gay. Its sickening.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
The very first thing you

The very first thing you should do is talk to the HR department in your company.  This is a very clear cut case of harrassment, pure and simple.  Let these bigots get what is coming to them, don't allow them and their ignorance to win out or they'll never learn.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

BGH
BGH's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forums! Maybe

Welcome to the forums! Maybe you should tell them that if they removed the bible from their ass, then they might not be so worried about what other people put up theirs.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'd say it indicates

I'd say it indicates insecurity about his own sexuality.

Next time he talks about a gay guy grabbing his ass, ask him if he's scared he'll enjoy it.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

AbandonMyPeace
User is offlineOffline
BGH wrote: Maybe you

BGH wrote:
Maybe you should tell them that if they removed the bible from their ass, then they might not be so worried about what other people put up theirs.

Now THAT made me feel a bit better. Smile

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have many gay friends

I have many gay friends (men and women) and have no problem going places with them.  I've said "No thanks.  But thank you for the lovely compliment!" more than once.

I've shut down straight men friends more than once when they make disparaging remarks about being around my gay men friends.  I just say, "Do you think you're absolutely irresistable to all straight women?" (Of course they always say "no".*)  Then I follow it up with, "Then why do you think you would be absolutely irresistable to gay men?"

*I assume they really mean it.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

scientific atheist
User is offlineOffline
Harrassmant

I agree with thingy; however, before you go you'll want to ensure you have your "evidence" - for example the stickers they used, who was involved and the time of day. Also check to see if there were other non-participating witnesses, especially if the witnesses are known for their objectivity and honesty. The reason? Don't be surprised if the group of individuals involved all vouch for each other and attempt a cover-up or even try to "minimize" what was said and done. HR people often times will turn a blind eye to such things unless they believe you can back up your claims; for if they were to ignore your complaint, they could be exposing themselves to civil rights law suit. So if you go, go prepared.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Scientific Atheist has a

Scientific Atheist has a really good point.

Can you take a digital camera to work?

It would be exceptional evidence to get photos of them actually putting those things in your cube.

Is there a chance any of the items had hand-written messages on them so you could prove who wrote it?

Also, is your supervisor aware of this?  If not, be sure he/she is. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

AbandonMyPeace
User is offlineOffline
Cameras I may not be able to

Cameras I may not be able to get away with at work. When I ripped the stickers off my monitor I went out for a smoke and they had cleaned them up before I came back. I thought about grabbing them after I had already left the room. And the real kicker here..My supervisor was in on it. I have no evidence at all. Guess I will just have to see if anything happens again.