Battle Pope: Great Irreverent Comic Book for Atheists

GlamourKat
GlamourKat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Battle Pope: Great Irreverent Comic Book for Atheists

A while back, I had the good fortune to come across a great graphic novel by Robert Kirkman and Tony Moore called "Battle Pope".

It's about a martial arts trained badass Pope who is called upon by God to rescue St. Michael from being tortured in Hell. God gives Pope super awesome powers and muscles and a vast amount of weaponry to aid him in his quest. God sends his son with him, Jesus H. Christ, who is a stoner hippie who looks like "the dude" from "The Big Lebowski". Pope is a womanizing, cigar smoking foul mouthed corrupt asshole, and Jesus is a wussy useless well-meaning sidekick. Huge battles, a hot purple biker demon chick, there is WAY too much cool crammed into this book.

I cannot describe how awesome and hilarious this book is. The little asides and references are great and it's a welcome addition to my little library. Writing and art-wise, It's fantastic. Apparently it was published by a small publisher back in 2000 in black and white, and in 2005 it was collected back up, coloured and re-released. The second graphic novel JUST came out and I snapped it up today without even looking inside. Flipping through it now, I find myself laughing out loud.

I wanted to let everyone on here know about this, 'cause many of the references about religion sure are pertinent, and it's pretty blasphemous! Smiling
Pick it up, you won't be disappointed!

P. S. There are cyborg zombie twins! Laughing out loud

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
That sounds like something

That sounds like something the RRS or DoubleDoh should be seling!