Author of Leaving the Fold on Thom Hartmann Show tomorrow morning

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Author of Leaving the Fold on Thom Hartmann Show tomorrow morning

Friends,

Tomorrow (Thursday) on Thom Hartmann’s radio show on Air America at 11:06 PST, Thom will interview Dr. Marlene Winell, a Berkeley psychologist and author, whose specialty is working with individuals who are recovering from religious indoctrination—a n interesting and timely subject in this world of religious rights and wrongs. She will discuss the psychological manipulations used in authoritarian religion.

Her book, Leaving the Fold: A Guide for Former Fundamentalists and Others Leaving Their Religion has just entered its second printing.

Marlene garnered media attention recently because of a powerful speech she gave in San Francisco in response to the "purity rally" held by the Christian youth organization, "Battlecry", on March 9th at City Hall. The text of it and related links can be found at http://marlenewinell.net/battlecry .

To listen to the interview tomorrow online, visit http://www.thomhartmann.com/showlisten.shtml , or tune in to your local Air America station. In San Francisco, it is KQKE 960 AM.

Best regards,

Jan

About Dr. Winell:
Dr. Marlene Winell is a psychologist and Ph.D. in Human Development and Family Studies. She grew up in a fundamentalist missionary family, spent some years as a "born-again" Christian, and then went through her own recovery and growth process. She has worked in human services for 30 years and specializes in helping clients who are recovering from religious indoctrination. Her private practice in Berkeley, CA. includes counseling individuals, couples, and groups. She also consults by telephone and offers workshops. Her "Release and Reclaim" retreats provide group experiences for letting go of dysfunctional religion and building lives of meaning and joy here and now.

www.marlenewinell.net 510-292-0509 [email protected]

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
Iruka, please remove the  .

Iruka, please remove the  . at the end of the marlenewinell.net link, so that it becomes clickable.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Apparently the problem was

Apparently the problem was stealthily repaired.

The links are working now.

Thanks to whoever fixed it! 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
KSMB wrote: Iruka, please

KSMB wrote:
Iruka, please remove the . at the end of the marlenewinell.net link, so that it becomes clickable.

I just copied and pasted this...whoops.  It should be okay now.  I didn't listen this morning, but I think you can still stream it for free (for a little while) at the White Rose Society.

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: Apparently

Susan wrote:

Apparently the problem was stealthily repaired.

The links are working now.

Thanks to whoever fixed it!

I think that was little ol' stealthy me...happened before I posted the follow-up post.