God is science.

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline
God is science.

God is a Science.

Man is thirsty, his very being will thirst, and that thirst can only be slaked by one thing?.God.

Confused, I know what?s going through your mind?ah we have caught him; I knew he was a troll. Please bear with me as I explain the above statement.

Man thirst can only be satisfied with knowledge and that?s exactly what God is, he is a thirst for knowledge. God was science. You see because early man thirsted to know about firstly his surroundings then his how to best utilize there skills then took the time to reflect inward. As always the thing with knowledge is that every answer raises ten questions?.now people from what I have seen go to great length to find answers to questions (now thanks to Google we can do that anytime), and people are never satisfied until those questions have answers?one must also realize that a plant was very different to you and I and early man in terms of what it is? Think about it! He put a seed in the ground and it grew, he fed his family and he was happy. What could have happened, how could there be such a glorious thing? Because they didn?t have an answer, they made an answer (Weapons Of Mass Destruction anyone!)?and that answer was God, now God was born out of a thirst for knowledge, then the people living in simple communities grow and turn to settlements, to towns, to cities to countries. So the acceptance of the idea of God is made with each passing generation?so the idea of a God is now apparent yet unrefined. So people populate different areas and have enough knowledge of there natural world to start to seek knowledge internally, Who am I? Why am I here? What is my purpose? From that part of humanity (the ancients would have been some of the most religious people?ever)?I call it the dawn of the mystics??a few centuries before mosses when the answer that was accepted was GODDIDIT. Then people started attching everyday things that they couldn?t explain to the Gods?when someone got sick, it was the Gods, when someone died it was the Gods, so when they asked why they were sick?.they would say the Gods, then they would ask ?why did the Gods do this to me??
So then it was ??the Gods are angry, what did you do??oh shit you slept with a man?duuuuddddeee you shouldn?t have done that, God hates that shit ?that?s why you are fucked up now!!?

And with a big bang religion was born?.and they attached there politics and there moral code and there laws and sexual practices, they gave themselves over to the idea that gave them answers.

Then because of the isolation there was in those days?.religious philosophies differed from place to place and some would have grown out of the personality of its first teachers?no philosophy can remain untainted, like if I gave you a verse never published before, you would recognize it as Socrates?..well some people anyway. I am not one of those people.

So now you have God idea and ideas of morals etc all tied into one nice convenient little box?people like boxes and most everyone does it. Thank God for that?LOL?.because there are always some who weren?t box people, and they asked the hard questions and they wanted to know why?....but not only why, but how? So out of a thirst for knowledge came Science, and that brought Logic and it brought its own rules and philosophies?and has slowly remdered God obsolete to many of us. So what did religion do?.it fought back, because aprt from all the corruption etc people said

Theist ?What you want me to think outside the box???? ?

Scientist: ?Yes, if you look here at this evidence the earth is actually round ?

Theist: ?No, God said its flat!?

S: ?yes but here is the proof that it is round!?

T: ?No, God said it is flat!?

S: ?This chrt shows that and that the earth revolves around the sun?

T: ?I don?t like what you are saying?you are trying to steal my box?..lets kill him?

Theist turns to others:

?That was a really good stoning??yes indeed I felt like a good work out. Listen come over to my place we will sit down and have a feast I just got some Bannans imported?have I ever told you about my theory that Bannas prove God is real, if only that scientist had eaten more Bannanas he would still be alive inside the box?

What was the point of all this thread I don?t know?but I had a lot of fun bringing this ramble to you!!

A MESSAGE TO ALL THEISTS:

CRY ME A RIVER

BUILD ME A BRIDGE

BUT IN THE NAME OF NOTHING GET OVER IT.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Re: God is science.

SAVAGE wrote:
God is a Science.

There really is no need to use metaphor in this way. Hopefully it's metaphor... it is metaphor, right?

Anyway.... Science is Science, it need not be insulted by calling it God and vice versa. Yes, Science is important, more important than God, exactly. But if I came up with a post about how:

Savage is a Sharkfood....

you'd likely object.

It's just metaphor, and there's really no need to muddy the waters with the notion that God is Science. Other than that your post was mostly brilliant. Smiling

SAVAGE
Superfan
SAVAGE's picture
User is offlineOffline
Re: God is science.

Sapient wrote:
SAVAGE wrote:
God is a Science.

There really is no need to use metaphor in this way. Hopefully it's metaphor... it is metaphor, right?

Anyway.... Science is Science, it need not be insulted by calling it God and vice versa. Yes, Science is important, more important than God, exactly. But if I came up with a post about how:

Savage is a Sharkfood....

you'd likely object.

It's just metaphor, and there's really no need to muddy the waters with the notion that God is Science. Other than that your post was mostly brilliant. Smiling

Yeah, you are right it was a metaphor.

I was basically saying that God was created to answer questions, but now that we have a better way, the old way should go out the door!

A MESSAGE TO ALL THEISTS:

CRY ME A RIVER

BUILD ME A BRIDGE

BUT IN THE NAME OF NOTHING GET OVER IT.

applesforadam
User is offlineOffline
God is science.

lol ... just from what i've gathered from your background savage, i hope you don't take negative but rather constructive critism to some of your usages of the english language. It takes some creativity and an open mind to decipher what you are getting at here, but I see the analogy you were making. I recommend in the future not drawing one between god and science, though, as it can be akin to a nazi drawing similarities to their concentration camps and the boy scouts. Although, arguments could be made for that ... :smt098 <--- boy scouts are the anti christ.

"It's not so much staying alive. It's staying human that's important." - 1984
www.myspace.com/applesforadam
applesforadam.blogspot.com