Jesus saves...

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jesus saves...

Money that is...apparently.

Yesterday, my fiancee' was at the hospital getting a physical and while she was waiting in the waiting room, a couple of kids a la' Jesus Camp mode approached her and gave here these two pennies.  She took them to show me cause she figured I'd get a kick out of this.

Now, I don't have to explain why this is bullshit, however, I do find it ironic they choose money to spread the word of jesus.  I mean, isn't money the root of all evil?  Perhaps Dawkins is right in saying that Religion is the root of all evil as it is obviously being expressed on money.  Money represents greed, which is fairly equivalent to religion.  So perhaps this IS representative of the church.  I also think that defacing Abraham Lincoln in order to represent a cross is "blasphemous" I mean it just goes to show that these people have absolutely no respect for our constitutional democracy and are willing to mask history in order to revise it with Jeeeebus.  They will go at great lenghts to ensure that this country becomes a theocracy.  I mean...they would love it if all the presidents on our currency are replaced with crosses.

Also, I find it funny how they use pennies.  I mean come on, is a penny all jesus is worth to you?  I mean come on, show your real love for jeeebus, come back with a hundred dollar bill.   

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Isn't that defacing

Isn't that defacing currency?

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: Isn't

MattShizzle wrote:
Isn't that defacing currency?

I would think so. Smiling  I'm not sure of the legality dealing with this. 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I've seen that crossing

I've seen that crossing "under god" of paper money isn't, but this is actually removing the metal - someone could melt what's removed down and it would sell for more than a penny!

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
I heard it costs much more

I heard it costs much more than a penny to actually make a penny.

V1per41
V1per41's picture
User is offlineOffline
It was about 1.4 cents a

It was about 1.4 cents a year ago per penny.

LeftofLarry
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
here is a bigger

here is a bigger picture

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
My mom has 2 of those. :(

My mom has 2 of those. Sad

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote: I've

MattShizzle wrote:
I've seen that crossing "under god" of paper money isn't, but this is actually removing the metal - someone could melt what's removed down and it would sell for more than a penny!

Actually I think it has something to do with the fact that the coins are no longer "spend-able".  The xians were definitely breaking the law.
Call the Treasury Department!!!

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.