What if god doesn't want us to believe in him

mindspread
mindspread's picture
User is offlineOffline
What if god doesn't want us to believe in him

What if god created the universe the way it is because he doesn't want us to believe in him?

And all these theists are really pissing him off...

I have no idea where I'm going with this. I was sitting here eating my lunch, and the thought came to me.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
That would explain why

That would explain why "holy" books are so absurd.

Technarch
User is offlineOffline
What if a prophet received a

What if a prophet received a divine revelation in which God says "I do not exist, stop believing in me already."

ShaunPhilly
High Level ModeratorSilver Member
ShaunPhilly's picture
User is offlineOffline
Technarch wrote:

Technarch wrote:
What if a prophet received a divine revelation in which God says "I do not exist, stop believing in me already."

Well, in that case that god seems to be saying that he wants to be on the no-call list, kind of like being off of the telemarketers list. Therefore, said god wants to be left alone. I'm OK with that.

Of course, the evidence that we have leads either to no god or to one that simply doesn't care enough that we know it exists. If it wants us not to believe, it's doing a good job, and I'll continue to respect its wishes.

Shaun

I'll fight for a person's right to speak so long as that person will, in return, fight to allow me to challenge their opinions and ridicule them as the content of their ideas merit.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: What if god created

Quote:

What if god created the universe the way it is because he doesn't want us to believe in him?

And all these theists are really pissing him off...

I have no idea where I'm going with this. I was sitting here eating my lunch, and the thought came to me.

I do recall something in Religion class about the Bible with Jesus saying one should worship in their own time.  They should not be public displays or gatherings, God is a personal thing and shouldn't be used publically to make a spectacle of ourselves to the detriment of others.  

It was religion class (taught by a jesuit priest) that turned me against organised religion, and although I currently have no idea where in the bible these verses come from I would love to find them again (if someone could find them for me?  I have no bible here).  Those lines told me that everything we do as christians in going to church every sunday, putting ash on our foreheads at the beginning of lent, celebrating christmas and easter, it was all what Jesus himself told us God did NOT want us to do.

I have a feeling it was just before he died or just after he "rose again", as some scriptures have him telling one of his desciples "this is the rock on which you will build our church", and I recall that being the funniest and most closely quartered contradictory thing I had seen in the bible.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/