Fwd mails from a xian

Noor
User is offlineOffline
Fwd mails from a xian

I found this in my inbox:

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT DEATH

Death is certain but the Bible speaks about untimely death! Make a personal reflection about this. Very interesting, read until the end.

It is written in the Bible (Galatians 6:7): "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."
Here are some men and women who mocked God:
JOHN LENNON: Some years before, during his interview with an American Magazine, he said: "Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about that. I am certain. Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, today we are more famous than Him" (1966). Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.
TANCREDO NEVES (President of Brazil ):
During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500,000 votes from his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency. Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before being made President, then he died.
CAZUZA (Bi-sexual Brazilian composer, singer and poet): During a show in Caneco ( Rio de Janeiro ), whilst smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said: "God, that's for you." He died at the age of 32 of AIDS in a horrible manner.
THE MAN WHO BUILT THE TITANIC: After the construction of the Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be. With an ironic tone he said: "Not even God can sink it" The result: I think you all know what happened to the Titanic.
MARILYN MONROE: She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show. He said the Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her. After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said: "I don't need your Jesus". A week later, she was found dead in her apartment.
BON SCOTT: The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he sang: "Don't stop me, I'm going down all the way, down the highway to hell". On the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was found dead, he had been choked by his own vomit.
CAMPINAS/SP IN 2005: In Campinas, Brazil a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a friend. The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter - holding her hand, who was already seated in the car: "MY DAUGHTER, GO WITH GOD AND MAY HE PROTECT YOU."
She responded: "ONLY IF HE (GOD) TRAVELS IN THE TRUNK, CAUSE INSIDE HERE IT'S ALREADY FULL". Hours later, news came by that they had been involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died, the car could not be recognized what type of car it had been, but surprisingly, the trunk was intact. The police said there was no way the trunk could have remained intact. To their surprise, inside the trunk was a crate of eggs, none were broken.
Christine Hewitt: A Jamaican Journalist and entertainer, said the Bible
(Word of God) was the worst book ever written, in June 2006 she was found burnt beyond recognition in her motor vehicle.

Many more important people have forgotten that there is no other name that was given so much authority as the name of Jesus. Many have died, but only Jesus died and rose again, and he is still alive.

JESUS!!!

P.S: If it was a joke, you would send it to everyone. So are you going to have courage to send this? I have done my part, Jesus said "If you are embarrassed about me, I will also be embarrassed about you before

my father."

"What benefit does it have, if a man gains the whole world but loses his soul? What can man give in exchange of his soul?" (Matthew 16:26).
AMEN

Noor
User is offlineOffline
And...there has never been a

And...there has never been a single christian who died a horrible death?

American Atheist
American Atheist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Boo!

Boo!

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: THE MAN WHO BUILT

Quote:
THE MAN WHO BUILT THE TITANIC: After the construction of the Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be. With an ironic tone he said: "Not even God can sink it" The result: I think you all know what happened to the Titanic.

I remember, he lived, and a whole bunch of other people died.

Great job god. 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Don't you love when theists

Don't you love when theists string a list of coincidences together and use them to justify their God?

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Noor
User is offlineOffline
I posted this one a while

I posted this one a while back on FTT. The actual email was chock-full of pictures of god and Jeebus.

Title: If you love God or have questions about him read this...

This is so beautiful!
John 3:16

A little boy was selling newspapers on the corner,
the people were in and out of the cold.
The little boy was so cold that he wasn't trying to sell
many papers.
He walked up to a policeman and said,
"Mister, you wouldn't happen to know where a poor boy could
find a warm place to sleep tonight would you?
You see, I sleep in a box up around the corner there and
down the alley and it's awful cold in there for tonight.
Sure would be nice to have a warm place to stay."
The policeman looked down at the little boy and said, "You
go down the street to that big white house and you knock
on the door. When they come out the door you just say
John 3:16, and they will let you in."
So he did. He walked up the steps and knocked on the
door, and a lady answered. He looked up and said,
"John 3:16." The lady said, "Come on in, Son."
She took him in and she sat him down in a split bottom
rocker in front of a great big old fireplace, and she went
off. The boy sat there for a while and thought to himself:
John 3:16...I don't understand it, but it sure makes
a cold boy warm.
Later she came back and asked him "Are you hungry?"
He said, "Well, just a little. I haven't eaten in a couple of
days, and I guess I could stand a little bit of food,"
The lady took him in the kitchen and sat him down to a table
full of wonderful food. He ate and ate until he couldn't eat
any more. Then he thought to himself:
John 3:16...Boy, I sure don't understand it but it sure
makes a hungry boy full.
She took him upstairs to a bathroom to a huge bathtub
filled with warm water, and he sat there and soaked for a
while. As he soaked, he thought to himself: John 3:16...
I sure don't understand it, but it sure makes a dirty boy
clean. You know, I've not had a bath, a real bath, in my
whole life. The only bath I ever had was when I stood in
front of that big old fire hydrant as they flushed it out.
The lady came in and got him. She took him to a room,
tucked him into a big old feather bed, pulled the covers
up around his neck, kissed him goodnight and turned out
the lights. As he lay in the darkness and looked out the
window at the snow coming down on that cold night,
he thought to himself: John 3:16...I don't understand it but
it sure makes a tired boy rested.
The next morning the lady came back up and took him
down again to that same big table full of food. After he
ate, she took him back to that same big old split bottom
rocker in front of the fireplace and
picked up a big old Bible.
She sat down in front of him and looked into his young face.
"Do you understand John 3:16?" she asked gently. He
replied, "No, Ma'am, I don't. The first time I ever heard it
was last night when the policeman told me to use it,"
She opened the Bible to John 3:16 and began to explain
to him about Jesus. Right there, in front of that big old fireplace,
he gave his heart and life to Jesus. He sat there
and thought: John 3:16 -- don't understand it, but it sure
makes a lost boy feel safe.
You know, I have to confess I don't understand it either,
ho w God was willing to send His Son to die for me, and how
Jesus would agree to do such a thing. I don't understand
the agony of the Father and every angel in heaven as
they watched Jesus suffer and die. I don't understand the intense
love for ME that kept Jesus on the cross till the end.
I don't understand it, but it sure does make life worth living.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only
begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should
not perish, but have everlasting life.

If you aren't ashamed to do this, please follow the directions .
Jesus said, "If you are ashamed of me, I will be ashamed
of you before my Father." Pass this on only if you mean it.
I do Love God. He is my source of existence.. He keeps
me functioning each and every day. Phil 4:13 If you love
God and are not ashamed of all the marvelous things he
has done for you, sen d this on.
Take 60 seconds & give this a shot !
Let's just see if Satan stops this one.
All you do is:

1) Simply say a small prayer for the person who sent you this,
"Father, God bless this person in whatever it is that You know
he or she may be needing this day !"

2) Then send it on to ten other people.
Within hours ten people have prayed for you,
and you caused a multitude of people to pray to God for
other people. Then sit back and watch the power of God
work in your life for doing the thing that you know He loves.

Working for God on earth does not pay much,
but His Retirement plan is out of this world.

I'm pretty sure she thinks all this crap will convert me or something.

qbg
User is offlineOffline
Hmm, I wonder if you could

Hmm, I wonder if you could find some non-christian crap

Iphtashu Fitz
Iphtashu Fitz's picture
User is offlineOffline
Ophios wrote: Quote: THE

Ophios wrote:

Quote:

I remember, he lived, and a whole bunch of other people died.

Not to pick nits here (I'm a bit of a Titanic buff) but the origin of the "Not even God" quote isn't quite accurate. It's commonly accepted that J. Bruce Ismay, the managing director of the White Star Line, made this statement just before the Titanic sailed. But if you do a bit of research you'll find that the quote (and it's actually "Not even God himself could sink this ship.&quotEye-wink is more accurately attributed to an unnamed White Star employee, who said it to a second class passenger by the name of Sylvia Caldwell.

Ismay did sail on board the Titanic. He occasionally accompanied White Star ships on their maiden voyages. He did manage to sneak aboard one of the lifeboats, but was roundly critizied in both US and British press for leaving women & children behind, ruining his career.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
If I were you I'd send them

If I were you I'd send them back something titled "What the Bible Says About Killing."

NarcolepticSun
User is offlineOffline
noor wrote: JOHN LENNON:

noor wrote:

JOHN LENNON: Some years before, during his interview with an American Magazine, he said: "Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about that. I am certain. Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, today we are more famous than Him" (1966). Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.

Yes... The Assassins for Christ.
Quote:
TANCREDO NEVES (President of Brazil ):During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500,000 votes from his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency. Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before being made President, then he died.
Because nothing bad ever happens in Brazil. 
Quote:
CAZUZA (Bi-sexual Brazilian composer, singer and poet): During a show in Caneco ( Rio de Janeiro ), whilst smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said: "God, that's for you." He died at the age of 32 of AIDS in a horrible manner.
Have people died of AIDS in a "non-horrible manner"?
Quote:
Um... he lived... the others died. 
Quote:
MARILYN MONROE: She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show. He said the Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her. After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said: "I don't need your Jesus". A week later, she was found dead in her apartment.
BON SCOTT: The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he sang: "Don't stop me, I'm going down all the way, down the highway to hell". On the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was found dead, he had been choked by his own vomit.
Nice use of interpolation.
Quote:
CAMPINAS/SP IN 2005: In Campinas, Brazil a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a friend. The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter - holding her hand, who was already seated in the car: "MY DAUGHTER, GO WITH GOD AND MAY HE PROTECT YOU."
She responded: "ONLY IF HE (GOD) TRAVELS IN THE TRUNK, CAUSE INSIDE HERE IT'S ALREADY FULL". Hours later, news came by that they had been involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died, the car could not be recognized what type of car it had been, but surprisingly, the trunk was intact. The police said there was no way the trunk could have remained intact. To their surprise, inside the trunk was a crate of eggs, none were broken.
Nice use of a vague and unconfirmable story. Perhaps a reality check is in order.
Quote:
Christine Hewitt: A Jamaican Journalist and entertainer, said the Bible
(Word of God) was the worst book ever written, in June 2006 she was found burnt beyond recognition in her motor vehicle.

Many more important people have forgotten that there is no other name that was given so much authority as the name of Jesus. Many have died, but only Jesus died and rose again, and he is still alive.

There is no such thing as Jesus... and I am still alive. 

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
Quote: JOHN LENNON: Some

Quote:

This just pisses me off. The last sentence should read, "Lennon, fourteen years after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ (which was technically true in England), was shot six times." I'm not saying that John's death was good (it was quite tragic, and I'm a fan of John's work & the Beatles), but John's murder basically made him a legend of sorts. I think God fucked up with that one.

22jesus22
22jesus22's picture
User is offlineOffline
What is the purpose of the

What is the purpose of the original email?  To convince people of the existence of God and Jesus Christ?  Is the fact that people died after rejecting the power of God proof of his/hers/its existance?  Isn't this site completely mocking God every single day?  Why hasn't Sapient  been murdered yet?  Or maybe God is waiting until sap.  is around 87 to kill him for mocking God, then we can all use that as an example of what happens when God is mocked.  And this bothers me because it uses fear to get its message across.  Believe in God or he will kill you?  What kind of people believe in a God like this?  Why would anyone want too?

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
Um....so....we all denied

Um....so....we all denied the holy spirit, so we should start dropping like flies any day now, yeah?

And this just in....

WHAT RATIONALITY SAYS ABOUT DEATH:

MANY PEOPLE converted to christianity in Rome in the 1st century. They were subsequently thrown to wild animals in the arena.

EVERY MAN who has ascended to the papacy has DIED (except  maybe the current one).

EVERYONE who prayed to jesus in the year 1561 is now DEAD

In Campinas, Brazil a group of friends, sober, went to pick up a friend. The mother accompanied her to the car and was so unconcerned about the sobriety of her friends but she went ahead and said to the daughter - holding her hand, who was already seated in the car: "MY DAUGHTER, GO WITH GOD AND MAY HE PROTECT YOU."
She responded: "YES MOTHER I HEAR AND I OBEY". Hours later, news came by that they had been involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died, the car could not be recognized what type of car it had been, and not surprisingly, the trunk was not intact. The police said there was no way the trunk could have remained intact. To noone's surprise, inside the trunk was a crate of bibles.

SOME DUDE claimed to be the son of god. He died in a horrible manner - in the nude, bound to a piece of wood, surrounded by burly men in skirts, while his mom watched.

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††

Ophios
Ophios's picture
User is offlineOffline
zarathustra wrote: SOME

zarathustra wrote:
SOME DUDE claimed to be the son of god. He died in a horrible manner - in the nude, nailed, by burly men in skirts, while his mom watched.

Sorry, I just... HAD... to! 

AImboden wrote:
I'm not going to PM my agreement just because one tucan has pms.

Noor
User is offlineOffline
I'm making a list of the

I'm making a list of the bloodiest verses in the bible to go along with my reply, I've tried SAB but that list of cruelty/violence examples is way too long. Anyone got any really gory biblical verses? Thanks.

MisterDax
User is offlineOffline
A very nice example of christian manipulation

That is a quite powerful manipulation technique. Put two sentences together and people will make a connection between them. For example:

Mary is dead now. Mary has smoked for 5 years.

Most people reading that might think that smoking has something to do with Marys death, although it is never said. If smoking would have had something to do with Marys death, the following sentence would have been more accurate:

Mary is dead now, because she smoked for 5 years.

That letter is nothing but pure manipulation at its best. By the way, does anyone know any good links or books on manipulation? I think that to know manipulation techniques is to prevent others using them on you.

Noor
User is offlineOffline
I sent her the reply

I sent her the reply debunking it and posted some bloody bible verses. I doubt she'll respond or even read it, but oh well.

zarathustra
atheist
zarathustra's picture
User is offlineOffline
MisterDax wrote: By the

MisterDax wrote:

By the way, does anyone know any good links or books on manipulation? I think that to know manipulation techniques is to prevent others using them on you.

I've heard of Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People".  It's an old one, so there may be more current ones. 

There are no theists on operating tables.

πππ†
π†††