O'Reilly goes nuts over John Edwards atheist bloggers

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
O'Reilly goes nuts over John Edwards atheist bloggers

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

AL
User is offlineOffline
While it probably wasn't a

While it probably wasn't a smart political move for those bloggers to say what they said, I've heard worse coming from the mouth of Ann Coulter, who is a frequent guest on O'Reilly's show.  If he wants Edwards to fire these bloggers out of principle (which he apparently has, last I heard), O'Reilly ought not to feature Coulter and other right-wing nutjobs on his show.  Hell Malkin is pretty nutty too, and there she was.

If atheism is a religion, why am I paying taxes?

riverrun
User is offlineOffline
Malikin, O'Reilly and Coulter....

It's fairly trivial to adduce the level of *real* moral concern regarding this issue. We need only look at the statements made by these girls and compare them to statements by O'Reilly, Malkin, and Coulter.

Malkin:

• advocate(s) racial profiling;
  • defended the internment of Japanese-Americans (and other ethnic minorities) during World War II;
  • called for the removal of Transportation Secretary Norman Mineta, claiming that he couldn't be objective on the issue of racial profiling because of his personal experience as an interned Japanese-American.

O'Reilly:

• There are so many regarding O'Reilly but this was one of the most outrageous I witnessed: Threatened to Physically attack Jeremy Glick - who had lost his Father on 9/11 - for stating the obvious regarding those attacks. O'Reilly states at 01:30 "I don't think your father [recently deceased!] would approve [of what you are saying]..." O'Reilly then went on to make false and libelious accusations regarding Glick on his 'Talking Points' segment.

Coulter:

• Even the pro-war Christopher Hitchens tore her apart in a book review last year.

Oh, and did I mention that all of those above (minus Jeremy Glick) supported a war, illegal under international law, that has killed (as of Feb 14, 07) over 600,000 Iraqis [The Human Cost of War in Iraq - A Mortality Study, 2002-2006. Johns hopkins University et al.], has killed 3,123 American soldiers, 132 British, 134 from other countries and left 1000's more with missing limbs, lifetime physical and / or mental health problems all over two rival oil plans (neo-con and Baker), Saudia Arabian price controls, and OPEC. Oops, I meant to say WMD and connections to 9/11.

But then the holy spirits cum is more important I guess.

Tim.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Bill O'Lielly is just an

Bill O'Lielly is just an idiot.

zntneo
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
From the quotes he gave, I

From the quotes he gave, I did not find any of it offensive. It's all turth. Christianity is misoyngist. The thing about the holy spirt might have been a little over the top but i did not find it in any way anti-christian.

Digital_Babu
User is offlineOffline
@1:30  "No serious

@1:30 

"No serious political candidate would employ people who direct this kind of hatred at blacks, Jews, Hispanics, or even Muslims"

Am I the only one who finds that last comment "... or even Muslims" a bit disturbing.  

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
AL wrote: While it probably

AL wrote:
While it probably wasn't a smart political move for those bloggers to say what they said, I've heard worse coming from the mouth of Ann Coulter, who is a frequent guest on O'Reilly's show. If he wants Edwards to fire these bloggers out of principle (which he apparently has, last I heard), O'Reilly ought not to feature Coulter and other right-wing nutjobs on his show. Hell Malkin is pretty nutty too, and there she was.

Right. Coulter can condmen people for not sucking up to nuts like Robertson and Falwell who blame the world's ills on not sucking up to Jesus, but screw anyone who uses sarcasim to counter bullshit like that.

I suggest maybe this site use it's sluths to get these people on as guests.

O Craphead is great at spinning quotes out of context. What they said was blunt and sarcastic and "in your face" certainly. But if anyone tells me how to run my life they too will get a "fuck you".

Why were these women wrong? They were not condmening all Christians. They were poking fun at assholes who stick their noses in people private lives.

The Pope should get a pass? He doesnt even live in this country and our Constitution is not based on Catholocism. "Play nice" is what the politically correct want. They'd have a better chance of getting that if they kept their sectarian religions out of OUR LAWS! 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

riverrun
User is offlineOffline
Yup, I noticed that... and

Yup, I noticed that... and Atheists don't even get a look in. LOL

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
The comment about "whats

The comment about "whats wrong with whites raping a black woman" although blunt was not ment as a literal statement. It was  ment as isnt it sick that white people get blindly defended.

Now by the same token, black people get blindly defended too.

Coulter is the right wing Christian Taliban Cheerleader who once suggested that we take over Islamic countries and force them to convert. I wonder what that divisive bitch would do to Christians on the left or atheists if given the chance.

O Reily is just another propagandists working for a bunch of greedy media whore companies who have no objectivity.

O Reily and Coulter and the Pope can lick my nuts. These pricks want to prove me wrong? Then they should knock of their demands to others and be brave enough to defend the claims they make with out the spin.

Coulter and the Pope are just like any fanatical Muslim Cleric. All of these cowards are afraid of the free market of ideas and preach and demand but dont debate.. Coulter might as well have a penis because she is even more of a dick than O Reily. 

If that bitch thinks I am going to play nice with my words she has another thing comming. I dare that bitch to come here as spew her divisive crap here.

TO ALL THE RELIGIOUS PEOPLE READING THIS, I am only adressing the attitude of people that think they have the right to dictate to others. I am not adressing the people who are willing to look beyond labels and stick to debate.

I dont play nice to tyrants. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Tilberian
Tilberian's picture
User is offlineOffline
I got as far as O'Reilly

I got as far as O'Reilly saying that they shouldn't be able to use their First Amendment rights to attack the fictional virgin Mary and turned it off.  The guy wants to live in a theocracy - whatever.

Interesting tactic for the christcons - label atheists as "christian-haters."  I missed the part in the statements he read where either of those women attacked any christian person.  As usual, the christcons are desperate to be portrayed as an oppressed minority.  

Our tactic must be to make public, as much as possible, exactly what these people believe and how they want the country to be run.  They must be made to raise the curtain and show the world what the real final form of their christian utopia looks like.  I think, given a real choice between completely transparent agendas, most Americans would choose a secular vision for the country.  The sad thing is, they are actually being forced to rechoose it, since that's the vision the country was founded on.

Lazy is a word we use when someone isn't doing what we want them to do.
- Dr. Joy Brown

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Tilberian wrote: I got as

Tilberian wrote:

I got as far as O'Reilly saying that they shouldn't be able to use their First Amendment rights to attack the fictional virgin Mary and turned it off. The guy wants to live in a theocracy - whatever.

Interesting tactic for the christcons - label atheists as "christian-haters." I missed the part in the statements he read where either of those women attacked any christian person. As usual, the christcons are desperate to be portrayed as an oppressed minority.

Our tactic must be to make public, as much as possible, exactly what these people believe and how they want the country to be run. They must be made to raise the curtain and show the world what the real final form of their christian utopia looks like. I think, given a real choice between completely transparent agendas, most Americans would choose a secular vision for the country. The sad thing is, they are actually being forced to rechoose it, since that's the vision the country was founded on.

Yep, he goes after rap music too. He'll defend Arnold blowing peoples heads of in Terminator, but fuck anyone who uses the word "hoe" or "bitch".

Maybe that prick shoud do the right thing and do what I did listening to Meggadeath and Metallica and Alice Cooper and Ozzy and TREAT IT AS ENTERTAINMENT!

OH MY GOD, YOU MEAN WE SHOULD TAKE PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR OUR OWN ACTIONS WITHOUT DICTATING TO OTHERS!

O Reily doesnt give a crap about free speech. He cares about using his speech to keep his power, that is the only freedom he likes.

I do admit even people on the left object to the explicite lyrics of rap. I dont think you solve it through banning anything. I think you do it by teaching parents to teach their kids that they DONT have to emlulate what they see and hear. I do see both left and right do this.

I think it is a bad idea for either left or right to use goverment to play morality police and I think far too many people who do this dont understand that their group might not be in the power position making those decisions on speech. I think it is better when we use education and take personal responsibility for our own actions.