HOLY CRAP! Check this out!

Unlucky13
Unlucky13's picture
User is offlineOffline
HOLY CRAP! Check this out!

These are the people that scare the living fuck out of me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lFb9iSCQJ4&NR

ASK A PRIEST!!!!

I am collecting questions for the next couple of weeks. Do you have a question you'd like to ask a priest? Post it here:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/sapient/atheist_vs_theist/5959

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Unlucky13 wrote: These are

Unlucky13 wrote:

The sick part is she is the Taliban. She is as sick as any Nazi or KKK member. But as hatefull as she was being and as dogmatic as she was being dissent is protected by our constitution.

If the protesters were actually physically disrupting the funerals that is common law. But if all they are doing is holding up those signs, that should be protected.

I never thought I would find myself agreeing with Hanity but I agree with him that this bitch needs a strieght jacket. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

deludedgod
Rational VIP!ScientistDeluded God
deludedgod's picture
User is offlineOffline
Next to the Phelpian cult

Next to the Phelpian cult of the Westboro baptist church, even Fox news looks tolerant and open. Granted, I don't really like fox, but this time they hit the nail on the head. "You are a nut" summed it up precisely. The Westboro Baptist Church is the single greatest reason that I fucking despise Evangelicals as much as I do. The westboro baptist church is in essence the quintessential cult. It is made up almost exclusively of family members and has less than a hundred members. They do not deserve the media attention that they get. At Matthew Shepard's funeral, they spat on his greiving, horrified parents and gleefully informed them that their son was roasting in hell for eternity.

While I despise the fact that they get so much attention, another part of me sees it as necessary for the US to realize what a bunch of fucking nuts they are. And it works. Whenever they go on the news, the casters and viewers say the same thing: You are fucking crazy. These people are our precise antithesis. People like the Westboro Baptists are the reason we are fighting this insanity.

Thank you for showing this video, it was appalling but necessary veiwing.  

"Physical reality” isn’t some arbitrary demarcation. It is defined in terms of what we can systematically investigate, directly or not, by means of our senses. It is preposterous to assert that the process of systematic scientific reasoning arbitrarily excludes “non-physical explanations” because the very notion of “non-physical explanation” is contradictory.

-Me

Books about atheism

Unlucky13
Unlucky13's picture
User is offlineOffline
If only I could get away

If only I could get away with it...

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
deludedgod wrote: Next to

deludedgod wrote:

Next to the Phelpian cult of the Westboro baptist church, even Fox news looks tolerant and open. Granted, I don't really like fox, but this time they hit the nail on the head. "You are a nut" summed it up precisely. The Westboro Baptist Church is the single greatest reason that I fucking despise Evangelicals as much as I do. The westboro baptist church is in essence the quintessential cult. It is made up almost exclusively of family members and has less than a hundred members. They do not deserve the media attention that they get. At Matthew Shepard's funeral, they spat on his greiving, horrified parents and gleefully informed them that their son was roasting in hell for eternity.

While I despise the fact that they get so much attention, another part of me sees it as necessary for the US to realize what a bunch of fucking nuts they are. And it works. Whenever they go on the news, the casters and viewers say the same thing: You are fucking crazy. These people are our precise antithesis. People like the Westboro Baptists are the reason we are fighting this insanity.

Thank you for showing this video, it was appalling but necessary veiwing.

Maybe we should take the time to e-mail Hanity and tell him we agree with him.

I dont agree in censoring these nuts, but I do agree that they are wrong. If they are using non-violent protest as much as it sickens me to see them do that, I think it would sicken me more to ban them from doing such. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Unlucky13 wrote: If only I

Unlucky13 wrote:

If only I could get away with it...

Wanting to pull your hair out is a normal emotion .But if we dont want people who dont like us to act violently to us, then we should not act violently to them. As much as I understand your sentement, it is still bad for anyone on any side of an issue.

I think atheists can rise above and should rise above the violence and threats both politically and by use of war. I dont think we have to stoop to the level of their ignorance. 

riverrun
User is offlineOffline
I remember watching this

I remember watching this when it first came out. I'm in Ireland, but a friend had put it on his blog. It is so pathologically insane, morally repugnant and cruel to be almost surreal..

You have to thank Zeus for people like that though, it makes our job all the easier. LOL

Tim. 

D-cubed
Rational VIP!
D-cubed's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've met the Phelps on

I've met the Phelps on three occasions.  My favorite has to be when they came to town to protest a hate-filled, anti-gay, anti-everything church.  Although both pastors hated gays the "rev" Terry Fox didn't like being compared to Phelps and called him an idiot so a protest ensued.  I just sat on the sidelines watching bigot fight bigot.

http://maggotpunks.com/headlines/2003-07-13.htm

I think the last time I saw them they were protesting the Laramie Project play.  They were quite outnumbered and didn't stay that long.  They are pretty harmless just hoping to be able to sue someone since most of the family are lawyers.  However they do serve to make their entire religion look bad because they are right, the Christian god doesn't like gays as it says in the Bible. 

Unlucky13
Unlucky13's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:

Brian37 wrote:
Wanting to pull your hair out is a normal emotion .But if we dont want people who dont like us to act violently to us, then we should not act violently to them. As much as I understand your sentement, it is still bad for anyone on any side of an issue.

I think atheists can rise above and should rise above the violence and threats both politically and by use of war. I dont think we have to stoop to the level of their ignorance.

I had a feeling someone would say that, I didn't mean it that way. I guess it was my way of saying that there are some people that deserve to be taken out of society, by whatever means, and no one would miss them if they were.

That being said, does anyone else agree that lady just LOOKS freakin crazy?!

EDIT: I figured out how to do this now-

ASK A PRIEST!!!!

I am collecting questions for the next couple of weeks. Do you have a question you'd like to ask a priest? Post it here:

riverrun
User is offlineOffline
Yup,  She makes the Branch

Yup,

She makes the Branch Davidians look like the Nobel Prize Adjudication Panel.

I sometimes like to imagine what the world would be like if everyone it behaved by the ethical standard of a particular individual. In her case there would be no point speculating simply because you wouldn't find anyone there... 

LOL 

Juvenile Narcissist
Silver Member
Juvenile Narcissist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Unlucky13 wrote: That

Unlucky13 wrote:

That being said, does anyone else agree that lady just LOOKS freakin crazy?!

scariest thing though is that she isn't crazy.  

Rill

TheSage
TheSage's picture
User is offlineOffline
If this God of hers really

If this God of hers really exists, I'd rather go to hell. What a misguided, pitiful person. I think we should all be glad that people like her are still seen as overzealous and psychotic, instead of applauded.

AModestProposal
AModestProposal's picture
User is offlineOffline
Finally, a real Christian

Finally, a real Christian who follows everything in the bible and doesn't just pick and choose what to believe in. Congratulations, you're insane.

ShadowOfMan
atheist
ShadowOfMan's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is just the way I feel

This is just the way I feel about it.  I "think" I might actually have more respect for these puritans.  They are following the words of their book better than anyone else.  If you are a Christian and you can't accept these ideas, than your just cherry picking your morals according the the shift in the Moral Zeitgeist.  These people are insane, and Christians that condemn them are retards.

A daughter of hope and fear, religion explains to Ignorance the nature of the unknowable. -Ambrose Bierce

Klarky
Klarky's picture
User is offlineOffline
She reminds me of Margaret

She reminds me of Margaret White, Carrie's mother from the film of the same name.. She is completely Hatstand!

lawrence
User is offlineOffline
Unlucky13 wrote: These are

Unlucky13 wrote:

very disturbing. Though i still do not forsee this country waking up. The whole dynamics is way more complex and certainly not rooted in religion but failure in education. See everthing else follows. Religion can only suceed so long people do not get proper answers but at the same time have an innate curiosity. Whether you wanna admit it or not the administration failed for decades now!

First of all religious BS does not make it on TV here. Period. Secondly people like that would be helped and treated. After all she too is a human being sharing the same genes, and same biological weaknessess. We do not put people to death but study and treat them no matter what, even if they have no money.  it is only your lack of education especially of neurobiology, human psychology and so forth that does not allow you to see the many problems we humans face with our evolutionary brain living in modern inustrial societies with thousands of mental illnessess. I mean i do not have to explain evolution to you nor the pace at which our culture is currently evolving.

Heck just luck at the suicide rates. And though you americans may be alone in your stupidity (lack of education) you are not alone when it comes to modern mental illnesses. 

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
At minute 2:01, Hannity

At minute 2:01, Hannity says something like, "The fact you are using religion to justify your hatred this way, it's frankly, it's mindnumbing."

I just find that to be such an ignorant statement.

edit> oh yeah, check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33-_9nOX8KM

Unlucky13
Unlucky13's picture
User is offlineOffline
hahahahahaha  Oh thank you

hahahahahaha

Oh thank you for that Martha. I've never seen that before. 

"God is a loving god." "God loves all his children." "God hates fags."

Hmm... 

ASK A PRIEST!!!!