I got banned from the Challenge Blasphemy forums!

ChAnMaN
User is offlineOffline
I got banned from the Challenge Blasphemy forums!

So I went over and registered at the challenge blasphemy forums, the site that is running the "praise Jesus" challenge.

I made one non-attacking comment about how evolution isn't just random chance I and got banned.

I emailed the guy and was like WTF, and then he told me i could re-register but they didnt want trouble.

So i did alittle logical pwning ( in the most respectful way i know how) in a thread about the big bang.

and i got banned again.

but I guess they werent worth my time anyway, as soon as i refuted pascals wager they had had enough of me.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yup.  Their faith is so

Yup.  Their faith is so weak that they cannot bear to even read a dissenting opinion. 

If any of those folks have children, can you imagine how intellectually stifled they must be? 

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
DONT CHALLENGE MY

DONT CHALLENGE MY PIXIE

DONT CHALLENGE MY LEPRECHAN

DONT CHALLEGE GOD/ALLAH/JESUS

MY DELUSION IS STRONG

IF THEY WERE GONE

I MIGHT NEED TO THINK

AND TAKE OF MY DIAPER

FOR REALITY'S SAKE

DONT TAKE MY NIPPLE

AWAY FROM ME

WITHOUT MY INVISABLE FRIEND

LIFE WOULD HAVE NO MEANING

BOO HOO

MYTHOLOGY HAS NO TRUTH

I MAKE ABSURD CLAIMS

WITH ABSOLUTLY NO PROOF

THEN I WANT THE GATEKEEPERS

IN OFFICE ON THE HILL

TO TAX EVERYONE'S WALLET

TO SUMIT TO DADDY'S WILL

ADAM CAME FROM DIRT

AND MARY GOT KNOCKED UP

WITH HOLY SPIRT SPERM

WHAT COULD BE MORE ABSURD

THEN THEY GET ANGREY

WHEN THE WISE POINT OUT TO THEM

THEY BUY INTO A LIE

AND SEEK OTHERS TO SUBMIT

IT IS BECAUSE OF ALLAH

AND KABALLAH AS WELL

SYLVIA BROWN TO CATHOLIC TRINITY

AND BAPTISTS THREATENING HELL

THEY TURN YOU INTO DRONES

SEEKING ALL YOUR PRAISE

SOAK UP ALL YOUR RESORCES

SO THEY CAN DOMINATE

IT IS ALL A HOAX

SUPERMAN VS KRIPTONITE

SEEKS THE DEATH OF RATIONAL THOUGHT

WHERE THINKING IS DISPISED. 

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Jutter
Jutter's picture
User is offlineOffline
Susan wrote: If any of

Susan wrote:

If any of those folks have children, can you imagine...

AAaaAAaaAAAAaaaAAH STOP IT STOP IT

Next thing you'll have me imagining a needle homing in on my eyeball. 

~Let us be reasonable~

You want to claim there's such a thing as "the supernatural"? Fine. I hereby declare you to be "paracorrect" in doing so. 

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
The reason why they banned

The reason why they banned you is simple.  They don't want you to deconvert anyone. Smiling  Wouldn't that be ironic?

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Sounds like a bunch of

Sounds like a bunch of morons.

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
Brian37, did you write

Brian37, did you write that?

I think we need an atheist poetry board!

Tomcat
User is offlineOffline
Pssh, I'd ban Satan's

Pssh, I'd ban Satan's children too.  Wink

ChAnMaN
User is offlineOffline
I see that voiderest just

I see that voiderest just registered there, i think ill  re-register under a new address just so i can observe.

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
ChAnMaN wrote: So I went

ChAnMaN wrote:
So I went over and registered at the challenge blasphemy forums, the site that is running the "praise Jesus" challenge. I made one non-attacking comment about how evolution isn't just random chance I and got banned.

They obviously don't want to risk learning anything about the topics they debate.... it would only get in the way... 

"Hitler burned people like Anne Frank, for that we call him evil.
"God" burns Anne Frank eternally. For that, theists call him 'good.'

V1per41
V1per41's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've been over there

I've been over there posting a lot over the last two days.  They seem to like having me there, I'm confused as to why ChAnMaN was baned because I have already said much worse stuff than he ever did.

It was nice this morning to log in and see that I wasn't the only atheist over there anymore.

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Eggplant
Eggplant's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, I'm hoping that I

Well, I'm hoping that I don't get banned for my most recent post, but perhaps doing my best to mirror the structure of site admin Emily's post is not the greatest way to do that, although I think it worked well to express my opinions on the matter.

Simply put, Emily is choosing to ignore evidence and even definitions of words because it's "scientific mumbo jumbo." I am tempted to start a list of things that I have observed her to do that I consider dishonest. Purposefully misquoting someone to the point of adding a period where there was none before to achieve the effect she wishes, closing a topic discussing/debating the rules of the discussion/debate forum, mixing up two theories that are obviously separate, and now choosing to ignore definitions and facts because she doesn't want to be bothered to learn them makes me rather disgusted with her. In terms of "Crazy, Ignorant, or Lying", she's definitely on the lying, because she's at best choosing to be ignorant to serve her purposes.

This sort of dishonesty bothers me greatly.

ChAnMaN
User is offlineOffline
I saw that whole thing where

I saw that whole thing where she completely added that period and misquoted that statement. that was ridiculus.
I emailed them again and they told me they dont know who banned me and that i could re-register (again).
i think ill pass.....they dont want facts anyway. facts are overrtated, they just want to show everyone how cool jesus is

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
She misquoted me in the

She misquoted me in the fourth post on this thread: http://www.challengeblasphemy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57

I didn't notice that Emily added a period though! That pisses me off! I was giving her the benefit of the doubt, but I don't think I can do that now. I'm going to start saving all my posts on my machine too, just in case.

Eggplant, I'd like to help you with a list. If I find some time I'll start compiling one, and maybe we can compare notes. I don't ever hope to change their minds, I just want to keep them honest.

Eggplant
Eggplant's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, count me among the

Well, count me among the damned... err... banned.

I guess questioning whether or not the incident revolving around SteveB actually occurred, lacking anyone but the claimant as having apparently observed it.

Or perhaps showing SteveB to be a liar in his claim that the video he linked was from Sapient saying something lacking context that, without that context, would be considered by some to be unkind.

Emily, just so you know, I refrained judgment on the original incident because I did not have reason to disbelieve SteveB's character. While I recognize that it is most likely that MGMickey that banned me (as he logged in shortly before I was banned), I have no longer have reason to not disbelieve SteveB's claims.

The topic had previously been saved to my disk drive.

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
Damn. I don't see why that

Damn. I don't see why that would get you banned, Eggplant. I mean, why the fuck would they put the thread in the debate section if they're so sensitive over questions?!

I think GP_preacher's comment was more "banable" than yours. Is he/she on RRS?

I seem to have got a rapport with them, but I've been extremely accommodating. Maybe too accommodating.

I don't know if I should keep posting over there. I don't want to get banned and have all my time go down the crapper. I think some of them are having a hard time with the fact I used to be a Christian like them. And everyone except Emily seems to just ignore my comments and questions.

If anyone else gets banned for reason like this, I'm out of there.

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
I just got this email from

I just got this email from challengeblasphemy.com.

Quote:
Greetings from Chellenge Blasphemy.com!

Hello! This is the administrative team from Challenge Blasphemy. We are undergoing some changes right now, come to us by the leading of the Lord Jesus Christ, and we wanted to let all of you know the reasons why there have been some changes, and what these changes are.

First of all, we are requiring admin approval of all members before they can login. Because we are going to be requiring that everyone that joins be a Christian for a while, we are going to be carefully monitoring all members that wish to join this site. We are doing this so that we can grow firm in our Lord before we allow any debating or non-belief to enter this place.

We are also going to be watching how the forum acts for a while, and praying that the Lord willtell us when it is the right time. One day, we will once again open our doors to non-believers as well as Believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, so that we can discuss different topics.

Some of you may also notice your accounts have been deactivated. This is because we feel we need to wait and do some further prayer and testing of the forum before we allow to much activity on the site.

Though some of you may believe this is unfair, we assure you that we are doing it for the best interest of the members of this website. We care about each and every one of you, and want this site to last long, and be a strong and brightly burning candle in the darkness. Please contact us if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.

In our Lord Jesus Christ,
The Challenge Blasphemy Administrative Team

And guess what? I'm banned too.

Voided
User is offlineOffline
yup if you don't believe

yup if you don't believe they tell you to fuck off wonderful...

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Register their site name

Register their site name under a different local then direct enough traffic through it that google chooses it as top entry over the original. Then most people looking for that site will find this one too.

Mua ha ha.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Eggplant
Eggplant's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: Though some of you

Quote:
Though some of you may believe this is unfair, we assure you that we are doing it for the best interest of the members of this website.

Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me, princess, but since I think you just decided that it was in the best interest of half your regulars to ban half your regulars (or at least those that you hadn't already banned), who had been overall civil and reasonable in their discourse with you.

I think my request for information about SteveB's claims about RRS were the rudest thing that anyone posted there, and that was only rude because there was no *nice* way to say "Hey, I don't quite believe you because that's not something I experienced when you said it did, not something that anyone else remembers when you said it happened, and that seems out of character, so I think that you're either misinformed or lying."

The chat in Stickam last night was pretty good, though.

Susan
Susan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote: We are doing this so

Quote:
We are doing this so that we can grow firm in our Lord before we allow any debating or non-belief to enter this place.

Yeah. Gotta get all the dogma and B.S. firmly implanted in your mind first. Can't take a chance that any of those folks might think for themselves.

Oh my! The terror of having someone possibly seeing a dissenting post is just too scary to ponder.

Oh brother.  Can everyone hear my eyes rolling?

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Eggplant wrote: The chat

Eggplant wrote:

The chat in Stickam last night was pretty good, though.

Yeah, that was pretty kick-ass.  I'm kind of sad that this place is going to get a hell of a lot bigger when I only just found it, but exposure is what we want.  It's more important to make people think than it is to have a homey little place for atheists to hang out, I suppose.

It would be nice if we could have a smaller members-only webcam room sans theists, but if we have to have only one, the theists must come. (Poetry...didn't think I had it in me.  Actually, after reading it, now I know I didn't have it in me. Sticking out tongue )

I'm not completely ready to engage theists.  I'm still pissed about my indoctrination, so I lack anything that remotely resembles patience when it comes to theists.  I don't know if I'll ever be calm enough to function in that role.

I can play a "behind the scenes" role by helping with writing and editing and perhaps other things.

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
So, are they going to let us

So, are they going to let us debate?  Or are people still getting banned for speaking out against theism?

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
Iruka Naminori wrote: So,

Iruka Naminori wrote:
So, are they going to let us debate? Or are people still getting banned for speaking out against theism?

I don't think they really wanted to debate. It's hard to tell from outside the site, but I think they deleted the whole debate section. They probably think all they need to do is take a stand and God will magically make things go their way.

They banned everyone that wasn't a Christian, and nothing has changed as far as I've seen. Their reason for the banning was they claimed there were some personal attacks on one of the admin's son.

I wrote them an email expressing my displeasure. I made it very clear to them that their actions look like they're afraid of people like me, i.e. former Christians, and they're afraid of any dissent. They offered to let me back in, but I declined for the obvious reasons.

There were a few topics I had promised some responses to on their site before they shut it down. I told them if they wanted to continue the discussion to email me their points, and I would put up my responses on my personal site. So far I've gotten nothing. If they do, I'll post it. It might be fun to rip to shreds.

ShaunPhilly
High Level ModeratorSilver Member
ShaunPhilly's picture
User is offlineOffline
Mr Rage, I saw your posts

Mr Rage,

I saw your posts on there when I was posting.  I received the same email, was banned, and won't go back.  I had also promised to give a response about humanist ethics, but never got the chance.  Now it looks liek I just bowed out instead of responding like I said I would.  I made a comment about them getting rid of the debate forum (I think I saw it return after I was banned), and even a (Christian) member I was talking with asked why it disappeared.  

THey really appear cowardly to me.  

Why are people afraid of information and discussion?

Shaun 

I'll fight for a person's right to speak so long as that person will, in return, fight to allow me to challenge their opinions and ridicule them as the content of their ideas merit.

V1per41
V1per41's picture
User is offlineOffline
I got the "We would like to

I got the "We would like to indoctrinate everyone as much as we can before allowing any of them to listen to facts and reason" email as well.

These people definately fall into the "lying" category of crazy, ignorant, or lying.

"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
I hope they don't think I

I hope they don't think I bowed out of my discussions. Emily had just posted this huge list of supposed modern scientific facts in Job 38. Several of them I could've blown out of the water right away, but I didn't have enough time to give an answer. This leads me to think that it was the decision of one person, but I will not name names.

I know it was a rhetorical questions, ShaunPhilly, but they're afraid of information and discussion because they're afraid they'll find out they're wrong. That's what happened to me. Once I got out of my Christian cocoon and started learning about the world around me, it became all too obvious the Bible was wrong. One guy posted something to the effect that the mind is always waging war against God, so I try not to think so much. It's sad they think this is a virtue.

V1per41, I don't want to make a judgment about whether they're lying or not, but I see why you'd think that. I had to lie to myself the last few years I was a Christian, and I believe they have to too. There was a lot of ignorance mixed in. Some of the members were all into the signs-of-the-end-times-the-rapture-is-near bunk. You almost have to have the mindset of someone with chronic paranoia to take that seriously.

The funny thing is, I think they just shot themselves in the foot. I personally don't see how their site can grow if it's so exclusive. Hopefully some of the Christians were repulsed by their behavior and left.

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
MrRage wrote: I don't think

MrRage wrote:
I don't think they really wanted to debate. It's hard to tell from outside the site, but I think they deleted the whole debate section. They probably think all they need to do is take a stand and God will magically make things go their way. They banned everyone that wasn't a Christian, and nothing has changed as far as I've seen. Their reason for the banning was they claimed there were some personal attacks on one of the admin's son. I wrote them an email expressing my displeasure. I made it very clear to them that their actions look like they're afraid of people like me, i.e. former Christians, and they're afraid of any dissent. They offered to let me back in, but I declined for the obvious reasons. There were a few topics I had promised some responses to on their site before they shut it down. I told them if they wanted to continue the discussion to email me their points, and I would put up my responses on my personal site. So far I've gotten nothing. If they do, I'll post it. It might be fun to rip to shreds.

In some cases it's fine to have a forum without debate, but if they are truly challenging this forum, they need to let atheists in.  Jesus, look how long we've let St. Michael run off at the mouth. Smiling  And the mods even post certain e-mails for us to respond to.

Challenge Blasphemy, I'm calling you out!  Dare to let us in.  C'mon.  I DARE ya. :P  If your faith can stand up to scrutiny, there's nothing to be afraid of. 

V1per41
V1per41's picture
User is offlineOffline
I feel like we should have

I feel like we should have known that something was up when in the forum rules they didn't allow anyone to say that they denied the existence of their god.

Iruka:  I'm with you on that last phrase.  I know a lot of people get upset/intimidated when I talk about religion with them.  I don't see what the problem is.  You obviously have your beliefs for a certain reason, you should be more than able to back them up.  I think too many people in this world are afraid to be wrong, so they just avoid the issue.

As odd as this sounds, I enjoy when I'm wrong.  It usually means that I've just learned something new.  This is why I go out of my way sometimes to challenge theists.  If they know something that I don't I want to hear it!  There are very few theists out there willing to listen to arguments.  Challengeblasphemy.com just made that point.

MrRage
User is offlineOffline
V1per41 wrote: I'm with you

V1per41 wrote:
I'm with you on that last phrase. I know a lot of people get upset/intimidated when I talk about religion with them. I don't see what the problem is. You obviously have your beliefs for a certain reason, you should be more than able to back them up.

Above that, the Bible says in 1 Peter 3:15 to "Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have." So, dismissing and dodging questions is un-biblical.