CHRISTIAN ACTIVISTS BLAST O'BRIEN SKETCH

GlamourKat
GlamourKat's picture
User is offlineOffline

CBS

Life Decisions International (LDI), a Washington DC-based group that has attempted to organize boycotts against companies that contribute to Planned Parenthood, has lashed out at the broadcast networks for allowing "programming that blatantly mocks Christianity." The group wasted no time denouncing Wednesday night/Thursday morning's episode of Late Night With Conan O'Brien, in which the host introduced a new character, "the homophobic country-western singer," who sang: "Oh I love you Jesus / But only as a friend. / You touched my heart but I hope / That's where the touchin' ends. / You're always lookin' over me / When I need a higher power. / But you better look at somethin' else / When I'm in the shower." In a statement, LDI President Douglas R. Scott, Jr. said, "The idea that anyone would think about the Son of God in this way is simply appalling. The inferences that permeate the song are utterly disgusting." Likewise, last month Scott fired off a letter to CBS after an episode of Two and a Half Men, in which the Charlie Sheen character sang to the melody of Joy to the World: "Joy to the world / I'm getting laid / I'm getting laid tonight. / We'll light the Yule log / Deck the halls / And then we'll play / Some jingle balls." Scott said at the time that the song could be retitled "Joy to Fornication," adding, "CBS has allowed a song about the most precious, sacred and significant moment in history to be turned into a song about having sex outside of marriage."

Iruka Naminori
atheist
Iruka Naminori's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fundamentalist

Fundamentalist Christianity: Morality from the Waist Down

(And they can't even get that right. Laughing out loud

That song sounds hilarious.  Can we buy it on iTunes to support O'Brien? 

Books on atheism, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Does sound funny as hell!

Does sound funny as hell!

EMPIRE
User is offlineOffline
OH boy! I was already a big

OH boy! I was already a big fan of the "Conando". This just makes me like him even more! hahahah

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't think O'Brian's all

I don't think O'Brian's all that funny, but I'll give him props for this.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.