Comment for The Rational Response Squad ON MYSPACE!! By Compromisso

jonmalave
jonmalave's picture
Posts: 7
Joined: 2006-12-12
User is offlineOffline
Comment for The Rational Response Squad ON MYSPACE!! By Compromisso

Change your profile picture, to help end religion!! Lol so let me get this straigh if i change my profile pictures im helping to end religion! really. . . what a load a crap. . . you know your nothing more than an imature group of people attempting to attack religion and end it in the same exact way religion attempts to attack every opposing belief system. What does religion do. . . ? religion tells us that an Almighty Creator exists and we should serve him, or live for the cause of the religion itself, because (place your religion of choice here) posses the path to salvation or to the only truth!

What exactly are you trying to do with your movement? Are you trying to prove to the world that God isnt REAL!! The HOLY SPIRIT isnt real, ok big shit i don't believe they exist either, but im not going around telling people that what theu believe is wrong!

Who are you to tell people what is true and what is not! I dont care how much proof you think you have to back your claims, it will never be enough to convince born christians that their God does not exist. As they too have their own proof that God does exist. Where is exactly does all this proof come from. . . well our expeirence ofcourse, our observations of the external world.

Have you thought for a moment that maybe its possible that people have different expeirences growing up that lead them to believe what they do? You are a dame good example of that yourself. You belive what you do with reason as do every other person in the world. Nothings going to change that. . .

And nothing is also going to the change our nature. . .God or no God, Human beings are no better than animals, we all live in uncertainty, and kill to exist in attempt to justify whatever purpose we think we have in life.

On another Note you imature little shit!! I never deleted your dame comments, i just never approved them to be posted. If you had half a brain you would of noticed that when you posted a comment on my page it said " comment must be approved before posting!" HERE ill post your litte comments for a day or two maybe it might make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside!! Go on, come on check my page. . .lol

By Compromisso Comromisso Myspace


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13211
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
A hypocrite. Lovely. How

A hypocrite. Lovely. How about you re-read that whole bunch of bullshit, only consider that you're the recipient this time around. You only prove yourself an idiot for criticizing others while doing exactly the same thing you criticize them for.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


jonmalave
jonmalave's picture
Posts: 7
Joined: 2006-12-12
User is offlineOffline
Im just re posting to

Im just re posting to clarify my point. . .because some imature little shit deleted my comments off myspace thinking i deleted his, but little did he know. . .i just never approved them. . .anyway lets not wast time on such stupid people. . . .moving on  now. ..

 

my point here is simple. . .   even if you are successful at Helping to eliminate Religion,  do you actually think this will change anything?

 People are born selfish beings, and with or without a belief in a God or Religion, people will alwasy find a way to justify killing one another through some idea of a greater cause or purpose. 

 I feel that what you are doing here is simply drawing a line between Atheists and Theists, stirring a war of beliefs which only leads to much more conflict. 

 

what i think this all boils down to is what kind of people are in high positions in our government that have the power to direct our lives, Do you think if all of the worlds leaders were athiest this would change anything at all? I highly doubt it. . .

 


xCrimex
xCrimex's picture
Posts: 10
Joined: 2006-11-23
User is offlineOffline
jonmalave wrote: Im just

jonmalave wrote:

Im just re posting to clarify my point. . .because some imature little shit deleted my comments off myspace thinking i deleted his, but little did he know. . .i just never approved them. . .anyway lets not wast time on such stupid people. . . .moving on now. ..

 

my point here is simple. . . even if you are successful at Helping to eliminate Religion, do you actually think this will change anything?

People are born selfish beings, and with or without a belief in a God or Religion, people will alwasy find a way to justify killing one another through some idea of a greater cause or purpose.

I feel that what you are doing here is simply drawing a line between Atheists and Theists, stirring a war of beliefs which only leads to much more conflict.

 

what i think this all boils down to is what kind of people are in high positions in our government that have the power to direct our lives, Do you think if all of the worlds leaders were athiest this would change anything at all? I highly doubt it. . .

 

You know...I gotta say you may be right but then you may also be wrong. Who's to really say. I'd like to give humans atleast a little more credit and think that hopefully without religion things will be a lot better. But if not...atleast people will no longer be able to use the lame ass excuse of religious believes for the killing and have to have some real world reason for it. A reason based in reality would be easier to mediate between the opposing parties and get them to come to a peacefull conclusion I think. Just a thought ofcoarse.

"Admittedly, once one decides in one’s own mind to reject the fallacy of God, the world indeed becomes a scary and lonely place, but one of truth not delusion."


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13211
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Moving on acceptable. Yes,

Moving on acceptable.

Yes, I do. Everything? No. But a great many things. Though I doubt many actually think it will happen in our lifetime. I can't think of a single thing short of a god saying it didn't exist(ironically proving the opposite) that could erase religion so quickly and completely.

The erasure of religion isn't the only thing we have to work on as a species obviously, but it's one of the primary barriers to moving on. So it's a priority.

I agree that people will continue to find ways to cause society harm. They'll just be harder to find, and have less people automatically agreeing about the method and motive. Thus they'll be less common.

As for a line, religion drew it themselves. Thousands of years ago. By burning or otherwise torturing to death anyone who disagreed with them. We're simply more civilized about it.

And if all the worlds leaders were atheist, at least 50% of the motives for wars currently under way would vanish instantly.

It should also be noted the religion is far more devious than just starting war. It is 99% responsible for the rapid spread of the HIV virus around the world.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Posts: 7580
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
jonmalave wrote: Change

jonmalave wrote:
Change your profile picture, to help end religion!! Lol so let me get this straigh if i change my profile pictures im helping to end religion! really. . . what a load a crap. . .
That was an effort that is now over.  At the time it was designed to show unity amongst the non religious and support for a new book by the worlds most famous out of the closet atheist, Richard Dawkins. 

 

Quote:
you know your nothing more than an imature group of people attempting to attack religion and end it in the same exact way religion attempts to attack every opposing belief system.

 Immature?  So I suppose when my post is not riddled with insults but yours is, can we assume that you were merely projecting your flaws or looking in the mirror when you wrote this diatribe? 

 Christianity attacks other belief systems often by legislating their own, Islam attacks other belief systems through violence, we do neither.  But I'm all ears, please prove your point.

Quote:
What does religion do. . . ? religion tells us that an Almighty Creator exists and we should serve him, or live for the cause of the religion itself, because (place your religion of choice here) posses the path to salvation or to the only truth! What exactly are you trying to do with your movement?

We're trying to do our part in ending the most widespread lie that has ever graced the face of the planet. 

Quote:
Are you trying to prove to the world that God isnt REAL!! The HOLY SPIRIT isnt real, ok big shit i don't believe they exist either, but im not going around telling people that what theu believe is wrong!

In my moral structure, I must then confess that I think you don't care for people as much as I do.  I think it's very disrespectful of you to not show others that they live a life of delusion, I wouldn't ever want to be your friend because I couldn't trust you to help me if I was ever getting conned or swindled.

Quote:
Who are you to tell people what is true and what is not!

 Apparently we're not much different than you.  Were you looking in the mirror this time, or just projecting? 

Quote:
 I dont care how much proof you think you have to back your claims, it will never be enough to convince born christians that their God does not exist.

Oh goody an absolute statement that I can easily debunk:

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxaaIP-D0XI

Quote:
As they too have their own proof that God does exist. Where is exactly does all this proof come from. . . well our expeirence ofcourse, our observations of the external world.

You have proof of god that comes from observations of the external world yet don't believe in a god?  Oh boy.   

Quote:
Have you thought for a moment that maybe its possible that people have different expeirences growing up that lead them to believe what they do?

Yup.   So?  This still doesn't make god belief logically tenable.

Quote:
 You are a dame good example of that yourself. You belive what you do with reason as do every other person in the world.

My reasons for belief are verifiable, a theists reasons for belief in god are not.  My beliefs are more worthy of being held then theirs. 

Quote:
 On another Note you imature little shit!!

Stop projecting.

 

Quote:
I never deleted your dame comments, i just never approved them to be posted. If you had half a brain you would of noticed that when you posted a comment on my page it said " comment must be approved before posting!" HERE ill post your litte comments for a day or two maybe it might make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside!! Go on, come on check my page. . .lol By Compromisso Comromisso Myspace

 Oh I remember you now, yes, you're the one that committed a strawman fallacy on our comment section without taking heed to the warning that states on our page: "This is not the place to engage us in debate or leave the common strawman argument we've been seeing here lately."

 You see when you state that our site is only aimed at the Christian god and then attack that position you do several things, none of them point to you as being a good thinker. 

  • You assert your own untrue statement only to knock it down. (strawman)
  • You show you are willing to make affirmative statements without the required research to make those statements.  I'll help you since you don't seem to want to do your own research, visit here: http://www.rationalresponders.com/rrs_free_shows (notice the shows about Scientology and Judaism) Were you to ask, you'd maybe have found out we've been trying to book muslims since this gig started.
  • When I asked for you to point me to the phrasing that said we were only aimed at Christianity, you're hole was dug and you didn't have the honesty to admit it, you instead were relegated to continuing to knock down the strawman you set up.

The only thing you got going for you is that you had the decency to show up here.  Now hopefully in future posts you'll settle down, maybe apologize for the comments about being immature and have a discussion like a man.

- Sapient

Please donate to one of these highly rated charities to help impede the GOP attack on America 2017-2019.

Support our activism efforts by making your Amazon purchases via this link.


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Posts: 7580
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
jonmalave wrote: Im just

jonmalave wrote:

Im just re posting to clarify my point. . .because some imature little shit deleted my comments off myspace thinking i deleted his, but little did he know. . .i just never approved them. .

For the readers here was the course of events:

1. You leave strawman on our myspace page

2. We ask for proof of your claim in a comment to you.

3. You read the comment, don't accept it, then come back to our page and go on a tirade

4. WE ASK IF YOU DELETED THE COMMENT.

5. We deleted your comment as we should've done from the get go, we always delete strawmen from our page. 

Quote:
 .anyway lets not wast time on such stupid people. . . .moving on  now. ..

Right because people with a 158 IQ are stupid.  Obviously lets all just move on from the idiots in the genius bracket of the intelligence spectrum.

Quote:
my point here is simple. . .   even if you are successful at Helping to eliminate Religion,  do you actually think this will change anything?

Yes.  I can't believe you'd even ask this question.

Quote:
 People are born selfish beings, and with or without a belief in a God or Religion,

 This is necessary for survival.  However your next statement doesn't follow, isn't necessary for survival and is unproven...

 

Quote:
people will alwasy find a way to justify killing one another through some idea of a greater cause or purpose. 

Quote:
 I feel that what you are doing here is simply drawing a line between Atheists and Theists, stirring a war of beliefs which only leads to much more conflict. 

What kind of conflict?  If it's the kind when people are forced to question why they believe things they can't prove, then I'll gladly force that conflict.  You wont see me condone violence though, and you will see me expose people who would condone violence for us speaking up.

Quote:
what i think this all boils down to is what kind of people are in high positions in our government that have the power to direct our lives, Do you think if all of the worlds leaders were athiest this would change anything at all? I highly doubt it. . .

Oh boy.  So you think God would be on our money and in our pledge, gays wouldn't be allowed to marry, abortion would still be an issue, we wouldn't be researching stem cells, and faith based groups would still be getting millions if all of the worlds leaders are atheist? 

Please donate to one of these highly rated charities to help impede the GOP attack on America 2017-2019.

Support our activism efforts by making your Amazon purchases via this link.


MattShizzle
Posts: 7966
Joined: 2006-03-31
User is offlineOffline
He could have at least in

He could have at least in his initial post let the rest of us know the background, except he probably would have lied.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team


jonmalave
jonmalave's picture
Posts: 7
Joined: 2006-12-12
User is offlineOffline
ok. . .  you win!  im

ok. . .  you win!  im being serious. ..

 

i apologize for my own imature comments above. . .

I did realize even as i was Writing my reply, that this wasnt exactly the best way to deal with this but i just  made the choice to continue with hopes of a positive reaction. And so your reaction was very positive and very informative,  i will admit and say that i am abit lazy when it comes to researching sometimes. So i guess you could say this is a usual stradegy of mine to get others to lead me in the right direction.  

I liked your response and i appreciate it.  Thank you,

 

Your response to the part about "what would change in world if there was no religion" was really good  i completly forgot about Gay marriage, Abortion etc.   Which are two major things i never understood . . .   i mean shit it should be our choice to make life or not . . . not religion's choice,   and it should be our choice of who we want to love and be with,  man or women,  not religions choice. .. 

 

so i must say once again i apologize, and i thank you for your response. . .and i 100% support your cause and movement,  not sure how much i can do to help because i dont really like arguing with christians. . .as ive done so and lost a couple friends so thats a no go. . .    


Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
Posts: 7580
Joined: 2006-04-18
User is offlineOffline
Well I'm floored.  Thanks

Well I'm floored.  Thanks Jon for the very sincere apology, you get major respect from me for that.  Apologies are not always easy (especially public ones), and your understanding of the situation even though I was a little harsh myself deserves recognition, so thanks again.

 

Please donate to one of these highly rated charities to help impede the GOP attack on America 2017-2019.

Support our activism efforts by making your Amazon purchases via this link.