Hey Guys!

JesusSaves
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Hey Guys!

I've been looking at the forum more intently than I have before. and I see some impressing stuff that I never realized that I saw. I saw the video with that guy who talks about atheist vs. agnostics. the guy didn't say anything about there being no god like people claim you guys do. and another thing that I am now impressed on that I wish the church would be like is the love for one another. in the picture you guys look laid back. and I find that my friends outside of church are not judgemental as my friends that are in the church. idk..hope everything is good

"God didn't send us a doctrine to learn, or a religion to live, or a philosophy to debate. He sent us a brother to love, a madman to trust, a servant to serve, and a mystery to embrace." ~Steven James, STORY

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
JesusSaves wrote: I've been

JesusSaves wrote:
I've been looking at the forum more intently than I have before. and I see some impressing stuff that I never realized that I saw. I saw the video with that guy who talks about atheist vs. agnostics. the guy didn't say anything about there being no god like people claim you guys do. and another thing that I am now impressed on that I wish the church would be like is the love for one another. in the picture you guys look laid back. and I find that my friends outside of church are not judgemental as my friends that are in the church. idk..hope everything is good

If the world were "laid back" then none of this god stuff would be anything more than a debate. I like you wish more people were laid back. But atheists didnt start or want this fight. We are expected to keep quiet and take it. That is hard to do when religions all around the world seek to be a governing body.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

GlamourKat
GlamourKat's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey JS, thanks. Too many

Hey JS, thanks. Too many debates can get super hostile, but on here I find people are more laid back.
I try not to be judgemental.... sometimes I am, 'cause, well, opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one. Hope you're liking it here.
The love for one another is definately more needed in everything, I think. I wish the people at rush hour on the bus loved eachother more... Sticking out tongue
I'm pretty fond of my theist friends, but I've lost some because they refused to be around me after I "came out of the atheist closet".
But, never would I stop being friends with them just because they believed in god(s).
Share the love, people. *hugs for JS*

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
JesusSaves wrote: and

JesusSaves wrote:
and another thing that I am now impressed on that I wish the church would be like is the love for one another.

You may not agree with all of this, however the overall message and the last sentence are exactly what you just said. Meet official RRS poet Jamie Kilstein (yes he's a very outspoken atheist):

JesusSaves
Theist
User is offlineOffline
sorry I've been gone. to

sorry I've been gone. to tell you the truth I've actually been afraid to even post a comment. because my nature has been to argue my beliefs. But, yeah I enjoyed the video your right about it.

"God didn't send us a doctrine to learn, or a religion to live, or a philosophy to debate. He sent us a brother to love, a madman to trust, a servant to serve, and a mystery to embrace." ~Steven James, STORY

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
JesusSaves wrote:sorry I've

JesusSaves wrote:
sorry I've been gone. to tell you the truth I've actually been afraid to even post a comment. because my nature has been to argue my beliefs. But, yeah I enjoyed the video your right about it.

So long as you are not accusatory, you will do fine here. Most atheists are on pins and needles because we have been disenfranchised from public discourse in this country. Some of us are very sick of that and are now speaking up. The xtian right has been organizing for years. Most of us have always thought that this country would never become a christian nation, boy were we wrong. So now we have to fight for our constitutional rights, much like the civil rights movement, the women's movement and the gay movement. We are considered second class citizens and every time we speak out against injustice, we are automatically attacked and sent death threats (much like that kid in the news lately). So you see, we tend to be a bit in defense mode and offensive sometimes because we feel as if this is the only way we can get through. But to the theists that want to debate without accusatory remarks we are open for discussion. As a matter of fact we welcome it.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.