Medical malpractice

Scythian
User is offlineOffline
Medical malpractice

During a congressional debate tournament, we ran into a big contraversy. I was for the side to put caps on medical malpractice charges. An opposer tried to use the Christian Science Monitor, I said that Christian Science(faith healing) has had a extremely long malpractice record. She rudely dismissed me on this and made such an impression that the bill failed.

Looking back... Does christian science's faith healing receive malpractice charges? I seriously doubt it. The fuckers probably dismiss everything with, "god wanted them to go" Does anyone know?

Why should we take advice on sex from the pope? If he knows anything about it, he shouldn't. ~George Bernard Shaw

Tomcat
User is offlineOffline
Well for you to assert

Well for you to assert malpractice, I first believe the practice being done will be insurable to the patient. In other words, there has to be some credibility in the procedure. And since faith healing is absolutely nowhere near insurable, malpractice is not applicable. I don't sue the Tarot card reader for not predicting my serious car accident or whatever. The risk is so high with Tarot card readings being wrong, no company would want to hedge it and thus no real party is liable.

The Enlightenment wounded the beast, but the killing blow has yet to land...

Randalllord
Rational VIP!
Randalllord's picture
User is offlineOffline
Medical malpractice is an

Medical malpractice is an act or omission by a health care provider which:
1.deviates from accepted standards of practice in the medical community and
2. which causes injury to the patient.

If the provider is not a medical physician, the provider can have a limited scope license (DC, dentist, massage therapist, physical therapist, etc.) that allows him to provide some services.

If the person is not a licensed health care professional (Reiki practioner, N. D. in some states, etc.) and he makes a diagnosis, he is practicing medicne without a license.

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca

norman
User is offlineOffline
yeah i agree with

yeah i agree with you...

Medical malpractice also constitutes to professional misconduct or negligence of a medical professional or a group of professionals which resulted to either the injury or death of a patient. It is due to this negligence and misconduct that medical malpractice court cases arise.When filing for a medical malpractice court case, there are steps to consider. One reliable site reveals the necessary steps people should take when there is professional misconduct or negligence committed by a medical professional or a group of professionals....for more information..

http://www.medical-malpractice-court-cases.com/