Washed up actors

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Washed up actors

I was thinking, how come washed-up mediocre actors/actresses from the 1980's become prominent theists? 2 that come to mind immediately are Kirk Cameron and The chick that played "Blair" on the Facts of Life (can't think of her name, but she was the one who was actually hot back in the day.) Any other examples?

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

MarthaSplatterhead (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Willie Aames as the sidekick

Willie Aames as the sidekick to Scott Baio's character in Charles in Charge, Cheryl "Salt" James of Salt n' Pepa, Gary Busey, Justine Bateman, Alice Cooper, MC Hammer, Kim Fields (also on Facts of Life, oh the irony. Blair -Lisa Whelchel), Mr T. Here's just some of the ones that surprised me.

todangst
atheistRational VIP!
todangst's picture
User is offlineOffline
MarthaSplatterhead

MarthaSplatterhead wrote:
Willie Aames as the sidekick to Scott Baio's character in Charles in Charge, Cheryl "Salt" James of Salt n' Pepa, Gary Busey, Justine Bateman, Alice Cooper, MC Hammer, Kim Fields (also on Facts of Life, oh the irony. Blair -Lisa Whelchel), Mr T. Here's just some of the ones that surprised me.

Cooper was always a christian really... and when he began to focus himself more on christianity, he mainly kept it to himself (although he used it as themes for his albums) so I wouldn't really include him on the list... also, he's not a has-been like the rest on the list: he still puts out albums, tours, etc.

"Hitler burned people like Anne Frank, for that we call him evil.
"God" burns Anne Frank eternally. For that, theists call him 'good.'

User is offlineOffline
True. I just was surprised

True (about Cooper not being a hasbeen). I just was surprised to find out that info and had to include it. I hardly ever miss his radio show btw.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I didn't know that about

I didn't know that about Alice Cooper! Jawdropping!

That's a big shock!

neon
neon's picture
User is offlineOffline
I knew about a few of them.

I knew about a few of them. I didn't know about Salt.

My theory on people of that age becoming religious is that a lot of the Me Generation people bottom out and don't know what to do after cocaine, career changes, and various other problems come at them. So they turn to religion, which is another fantasy world.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
What about Al Green? Was he

What about Al Green? Was he always a reverend or did he convert during his career?

That guy from the band Kansas... he left Kansas to become a holy roller rock and roller... Kerry Livgren, I think, is his name.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
What about Cat Stevens -

What about Cat Stevens - though he converted to Islam long ago (in the '70s?)

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
good one. Didn't he

good one. Didn't he recently return to the stage?

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

Books about atheism

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
I heard that - even though

I heard that - even though he's on the no fly list for the US for some reason. Forgot all about him because I was thinking only of Christians.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

FundamentallyFlawed
FundamentallyFlawed's picture
User is offlineOffline
We musn't forget that

We musn't forget that Baldwin brother (Steven?), or our good friend Chuck Norris!

neon
neon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh yeah. Steven is the

Oh yeah. Steven is the youngest Baldwin, I think, and he always has this zonked look when you see him on the preacher shows. If anything, finding Jesus has made him look even loopier.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is definitely on the

This is definitely on the far fringe of "stardom" but there's a pretty long list of skater dudes who turned xtian after years of the skater lifestyle. Christian Hosoi, I think, is the name of one of the real famous ones. He found Jesus in prison... so says the propaganda video...

.. width="425" height="350">
..>

(also, speaking of the Baldwin boy...)

Books about atheism

Christen
Christen's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:good one.

Hambydammit wrote:
good one. Didn't he recently return to the stage?

Yes, I think he's even got a new album coming out.

User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:This is

Hambydammit wrote:
This is definitely on the far fringe of "stardom" but there's a pretty long list of skater dudes who turned xtian after years of the skater lifestyle. Christian Hosoi, I think, is the name of one of the real famous ones. He found Jesus in prison... so says the propaganda video...

Oooo, not to mention Mark "Gator" Rogowski.