A letter to Sen. Inhoffe, Chair of the Environment and Public Works Committee

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
A letter to Sen. Inhoffe, Chair of the Environment and Public Works Committee

I wrote senator Inhoffe about his recent Fox news interview where he states that God is still up there and global warming is not caused by humans.

Dear Senator,

Apparently, God did not want you theocratists running our government as the election results have shown.

This email is in response to the Fox News Interview about global warming.

If God is still up there, and global warming is not happening, then explain to me why glaciers are receding. Perhaps it's god who hates glaciers? The interview with Fox news completely shows your lack of understanding of science. Perhaps, senator you should spend more time reading scientific journals and less time reading the bible.

If your "scientists" are so right, then why do we not see these findings published in peer reviewed scientific literature? Instead of propagandizing and politicizing the scientific evidnece (in the literature), you should spend time trying to find literature to support your belief. Fact is, there is no such literature, which is why you resort to propaganda style press conferences with "scientists" proclaiming what your political ends intend to show.

We both know, senator, that the true political intent to subvert the science regarding global warming, is in fact to line the pockets of your lobbyists. By using your straussian tactics developed by your neocon think tanks, you have managed to use religion as a catalyst to subvert science. It is sad that such an exoteric message to the masses has to be spread by using religion.

Obviously the voters are tired of your god propaganda and want real science. It is not the extreme leftists that voted your party out of control, it was the middle of the road rational people. You tend to forget that. I personally find it offensive that a senator of the United States of America, resorts to God over science to convince the masses of lies for political, personal, and monetary benefit. I'm glad you will no longer be chairing the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, you don't deserve that chairmanship.
In Rationality,
Larry

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Zhwazi
Zhwazi's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just because the Republicans

Just because the Republicans lost doesn't mean most people disagree with all Republican positions. Just because people were unhappy about Iraq doesn't mean they're also unhappy about environmental policy. It just means Iraq was more important to them than environmental policy.

LeftofLarry
RRS local affiliateScientist
LeftofLarry's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zhwazi wrote:Just because

Zhwazi wrote:
Just because the Republicans lost doesn't mean most people disagree with all Republican positions.

You're right, but enough did, meaning the majority, to vote them out of power. And this was not only about the war in Iraq I might add, it was a collective referendum on the neocon extremists. Most people have realized that the policies of this congress and this administrtion are flawed, we have seen this with the stem cell research, they politicize the science, and we've seen this with the "secret" energy meetings, again, politicizing science, and of course with the environment. Did the republicans loose simply because of environmental policies, no of course not, but I guarantee you, that didn't help either, but Inhoffe is exemplifying why people are fed up. God, has no place in scientific studies regarding the environment. This ideology comprising of politicizing scientific issues, along with the rest of the scandals, the war in Iraq and everythign else has led people to realize how flawd the neocons have been. I was simply suggesting to Sen. Inhoffe, that perhaps if they weren't so dogmatic perhpas they would've remained in power. The republican party led by extremist Straussian neocons, have led them to be where they are now. It's time to get the neocons out of the republican party.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server which houses Celebrity Atheists.

FundamentallyFlawed
FundamentallyFlawed's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think the typical

I think the typical fundamentalist stance on environmental issues is a clear example of the unholy alliance between evangelists and the neocons. It demonstrates the manner in which religious leaders use their influence to push their allies' political agendas.

If you have such reverence for the creator, would you not feel that it was your duty to show respect for his creation? Many reform jews feel that environmentalism is the "new kosher", as it follows the spirit of what kosher was meant to be.